Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 00:30:27
Page:  1 
The Mysterious Disappearance of Astro and Sasha Started by: Lynchy on Apr 26, '15 12:22
It was a quiet Friday afternoon, as Lynchy sat at his desk, kicking up his feet. Finally taking a break, he reaches in his left jacket pocket, pulling out a fine cuban cigar. After taking his time to light it, Lynchy leaned back in his chair flicking the lighter shut, and took a few puffs. Utopia cleared his throat as he walked in the office with a bottle of whiskey, taking a seat as Lynchy offered a cigar.

Utopia wasn't overly chatty, and right now the silence was welcome. Just as Lynchy closed his eyes for a moment, the shrill ringing of the telephone echoed through the office. Grumbling as he opened his eyes, Lynchy grabbed the phone off the hook, and spoke gruffly.

"Yeah. What is it?"

"Calm down Rose."

"What?"

"When?"

Lynchy sighed quietly as he listened to Rose-Raje ramble on about two missing camels. He could literally see her hands waving frantically in the air as she spoke wildly. He knew that Astro and Sasha were more than just camels to her and Don Archy.

"Slow down. Where did Don Archy say?"

"The Sahara Desert?"

Lynchy pinched the bridge of his nose, then nodded towards Utopia holding a glass of whiskey. Grateful for the drink, Lynchy downed the whiskey with frustration, slamming the glass down on the desk with a loud thud. The Sahara Desert. Even more sand than Headquarters, not to mention the extreme heat. Looking back towards Utopia with a grim expression.

"Well, looks like we are headed to the Sahara. Astro and Sasha have been stolen by a camel smuggler."
Report Post Tip

Utopia had just woken up, having been sleeping for a long while. He couldn't even remember how long he had been lying in bed.  After finally awaking, Utopia decided to pay Lynchy a visit and had brought a bottle of some fine wine along the way. Having recently taken a leading role in alcohol distribution in Philly, this was not a problem for the man. He finally reached Lynchy's office door, without bothering to knock, he pushed the door open and cleared his throat for the first time of the day as he informed Lynchy of his arrival. He didn't expect much of a welcome. 

Utopia sat there at the other end of the desk resting on the table as he opened the bottle of wine. He poured two shots for him and his brother, before he then grabbed the cigar off Lynchy, before he could light it up. The phone had rang. The two brothers looked at each other. Utopia didn't bother making a move, after all it wasn't his office. He looked at Lynchy , who picked up the phone. Lynchy's eyes widened and his jaw dropped... Utopia knew something was wrong and gulped his drink all at once, getting ready for the news. He waited for Lynchy to finish the call. 

"What are you saying? The Sahara desert? Astro and Sasha? God damn it. Couldn't he just send someone else? It's one of the hottest spots on earth."

With that said, Utopia poured himself another shot and quickly gulped it.

"We better get two tickets to Morocco now.."

Report Post Tip
"Rose said no one else was answering, and Don Archy was growing impatient."

Lynchy downed a second shot, wincing as the liquid eased down his throat. The. Sahara. Desert. Scorching heat, tons of sand, and scorpions the size of a Cadillac, all which made Lynchy wince again as he reached for the phone.

"Yeah it's going to be a scorcher, but you know we have to go get Astro, or else!

After making arrangements for two tickets immediately, Lynchy hangs the phone up, and downs one more shot before turning to Utopia.

"Alright we got one hour before the flight leaves. Let's get packed."

Lynchy could still hear the frustration in Rose's voice echoing in his mind as he reloaded his weapons. 'Camel smugglers at the Zoo... Sasha! Astro!... Gone!' That smuggler had no clue of the shit storm he just brought down on himself. He messed with the wrong people.
Report Post Tip

Utopia couldn't believe his luck. He started to think that he had made the wrong decision in getting out of bed this morning. 

"Okay bro, let's get ready, I'll go get my bag ready and met ya at the front doors in 10 minutes."

Utopia took the bottle before leaving his seat and making his way out the door. He placed the glass down on the nearest desk, before making his way back to his room, guzzling down the bottle. By the time he had reached the room, the bottle was empty. He threw it away and reached beneath his bed and pulled out a large leather skin suitcase. He frantically opened the zip, before throwing out a few shirts that were covering what he was really looking for. His guns - inherited from his late father.  

"My sweet babies... looking just how I left you. Seems like we're gonna have fun one more time."

He double checked his guns and made sure they were loaded and stocked with ammo. He looked at his father's handgun and read the old inscription - "in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello". He had no idea what it meant. 

"Bloody desert. I can't believe I'm gonna travel all the way to Morocco for a pair of camels. I always knew that Archy fella wasn't right in the head...."

Muttering to himself about his bosses sanity, Utopia carried his bag downstairs to meet with Lynchy at the main gates of the HQ. 

Report Post Tip
Lynchy had finished preparing his luggage, he took the suit case and was getting ready to leave, but something stopped him at the door, he felt like something was missing, after searching his pockets, he couldn't find his cigar box, he turned back and found it on his desk, he smiled and put it in his jacket's pocket, then took off to meet with Utopia- at the main gate, he found Utopia- waiting for him and a cap next to him.

"What took you so long man?"

Utopia said, bitching that he had to wait a little for his brother.

"Come on man, I didn't take that long."

Lynchy said as he went to the trunk, where he threw his suitcase, then the two got in the car and the driver took off. Half an hour later, they arrived at the airport, the road to the airport was a bit crowded but they still made it early, thankfully they only have a few minutes left, Utopia- got out of the car first, he headed to the back to get the luggage, probably evading paying the fare. Lynchy chucked, then paid the cap driver the far before getting out and taking his suitcase from Utopia-.

"Okay man, let's go. We only got a few minutes left before the plane takes off."

Lynchy said as he checked his pocket-watch for the time, the two rushed into the airport, headed to sign their papers.
Report Post Tip

Utopia followed Lynchy, who's pace had reached a sprint. Utopia, still waking up, wasn't having any of this. He stopped and looked around before reaching into his jacket to reach a mysterious looking flask. He made sure no one was looking and gulped down a mouthful of the drink. Utopia's heart nearly stopped when he felt a hand on his back. He spun round. It was Lynchy.

"You scared the living shit out of me, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Lynchy wasn't having any nonsense from his younger brother.

"Is it really time for this shit? Haven't you have enough already?"

Lynchy perhaps might have had some moral high ground, but this quickly faded away as the man began drinking from the flask, himself. 

"Don't stand like that. We have a plane to catch - let's get moving."

Upon arriving at the airport, the two men left their bags on the pile as they prepared to board the plane. Utopia did his best to keep his composure as an officer accompanied by a sniffer dog strolled past the pile.

"They're clean."

The dog was barking frantically, but the officer dragged it off in the other direction after Lynchy had tucked a large wad of dollar bills into his top pocket. The two brothers then made their way onto the plane.

"I'm gonna doze off for a bit, wake me before we get there" said Utopia. Lynchy wasn't very surprised. It was just about all Utopia was good for these days. 

Lynchy reached for the flask again, opened it, before gulping it down. What was to await them in Morroco?

Report Post Tip
After 18 hours...

"Ladies and gentlemen please fasten your seat belts as we get ready to land in the Casablanca international airport."

The sound of the hostess brought Lynchy back to consciousness, he rubbed his eyes and looked next to him to find Utopia still asleep, he poked him a few times to wake him up.

"What's wrong with you man? Didn't you have enough sleep? fasten your seat belt we are landing soon."

They both fasten their seat belts and wait till the plane lands and stops, they get up and brought their bags from the compartment then headed out of the plane.

"Archy should have a connection waiting for us down here, he's gonna get us through the customs and guide us through the desert to that smuggler."

Utopia nodded as he reached for Lynchy's pocket, he got the flask and gulped down a little then returned it back to Lynchy, then they both made their way to check in, before they arrived at the window, a man in dark cloak approached them, he walked over to Lynchy and shook his hand.

"You must be Lynchy" The man said then eyed Utopia- next to him and continued... "but who's that?"

Lynchy nodded as he handed the guy their bags "He is with me, don't worry"

"Okay then I'll wait for you outside, don't be late"

The two left to check-in, got their papers signed and headed out of the airport, at the gate they found the man waiting for them in a car, they opened the doors and hopped in, Lynchy sat next to the driver and Utopia- in the back, Lynchy introduced Utopia to the man, who introduced himself as "Asad bin Lahad" from Turkey.

"So where are we heading now?" Lynchy asked the guy who was driving

"Marrakech.. that's where the camels market is taking place this week."

Utopia- gasped as he heard the man

"MARRAKECH?! That's one of the hottest spots in this desert. God save us!"

Utopia opened another flask and gulped down as much of it as he could.
Report Post Tip

Utopia noticed the different vendor stalls as the car drove slowly through the market.  He could see a few camels up ahead, and knew shit was about to get heated worse than this God awful desert air.  Utopia reached for the flask to get one last swig, only to be stopped by Lyncy. 

"You don't really need anymore.  We need to focus and deal with this asshole, and go home."

"Fine.  Let's get this over with and get back.  This place is too damn hot."

The car stopped, parking to the side of the designated stall.  They got out, and headed towards the pudgy looking man at the tent opening. Lynchy walking ahead to greet the guy, and Utopia trailed his brother as he surveyed the area.  The two kept a low tone as they discussed business inside the tent.

"You looking to buy camels yes?  I have a good selection."

"Well you see, I am only interested in a couple of camels.  An older red one, and a younger white one."

Utopia couldn't see Lynchy's face, but the moment he mentioned Astro and Sasha to the smuggler, the hopeful expression on the smuggler's face dissolved into fear.  The pudgy man pushed his way past Lynchy, flew out of the tent, nearly knocking the flask out of Utopia's hand with his sudden exit.  Running as fast as his legs could carry him, the smuggler took off around the tent, and out of sight. Placing the flask in his pocket, Utopia grabbed his pistol as Lynchy came out of the tent, gun in hand too.

"That bastard nearly made me lose my whiskey.  Come on, he went 'round back.  He can't get too far at that pace."

Report Post Tip
Lynchy caught up with the smuggler just when he rounded the back of the stall. Firing one shot into his leg to slow the pudgy man down, Lynchy slowed his pace somewhat as the man fell to his knees.

"Just where the blazing hell you think you're headed?"

The injured man begging for his life as he gasped for air, tired from the short exertion from running.

"Please. Please. Don't kill me. The camels yes. They are in the back over there."

Lynchy grew tired of the excuses this bedraggled man kept spewing out. Aiming his Colt .45 at the smuggler's sweaty face, Lynchy pauses as the man mentions Astro.

"The red one. Something is wrong."

Utopia figured this was a trick, and they didn't have time for this shit. He wanted to get the damn camels, and get back home. He removed his 9 mm, firing one round into the smuggler's temple ending this nonsense.

"Lynchy, we don't have time for this shit. It's hot as hell out here. Let's just go get Astro and Sasha and get the hell out of here."
Report Post Tip

"Damnit Utopia.  He was about to tell us something about Astro.  If anything is wrong, Don Archy is gonna be pissed."

Utopia shrugs off his brother's comment, and turns to go find the missing camels.  This desert is worse than ten hells, and the sweat pouring off his forehead was irritating him beyond words.

"Come on.  The idiot said they were over there.  Let's go before I melt."

Holstering his weapon, Utopia retrieves his flask, and taking a long swig before twisting the cap closed.  Lynchy wasn't happy with his actions, but damn it, he didn't even want to be here.  Don Archy has just gotten way too attached to that camel, and for fucks sake, now Rose was attached to her's as well.  How the hell was a man supposed to turn down helping his family out?

Reaching the back of the two story building situated behind the market stalls, Utopia nodded for Lynchy - the coast was clear.  Lynchy took the lead, entering the building, and Utopia followed his brother - watching left and right.  Soon as they entered the building, the brothers heard odd sounds, even for camels.  They saw Sasha off to the right amongst a group of camels.  They kept looking for Astro, who seemed to be missing still.

Report Post Tip

Lynchy walked over to the door on the right, hearing loud grunts and knocking.  Weapon ready, he opened the door, and stood in surprise as Astro was trotting around the room, bucking and kicking at the walls.  The grunting seemed odd even for Astro, and Lynchy has heard Astro sound crazy.

"Astro.  Calm down.  Come on boy let's go home."

Lynchy hollered out to his brother letting Utopia know he found Astro.  Utopia was making his way through the crowd of camels to lead Sasha out.  The young white camel was skittish still.

"Great!  Tell Astro we gotta go now."

Astro trotted past Lynchy, brushing his shoulders roughly making a nuzzing sound.  Still unsure why Astro was kept all alone away from the other camels, Lynchy still tried to make sense of the smuggler's last words.  'The red one. Something is wrong.'

Report Post Tip

Finally getting a scared Sasha leashed, Utopia turned to the doorway just as Astro came pushing past his brother.  He could tell Lynchy looked confused or concerned about something, but Utopia was ready to get home.

"Come on Sasha.  Rose is waiting for you. Come on."

"Damn.  Astro about nipped my shoulder."

Lynchy grumbled as he rubbed his right shoulder, and walked over to Utopia.  Knowing the rest of these camels would make a certain Boss extremely happy, Lynchy suggested they get the camels rounded them up quickly.  Utopia looked at his brother like he had lost his mind.

"Are you kidding?  Do you have any idea how long it will take to get these beasts to the plane?  How the hell will they fit in the car? Huh?"

"We can use that truck across the road.  It's how they must have brought them here in the first place."

The heat must be affecting Lynchy's mental state because this was the most dumb plan Utopia has heard of yet.  Shaking his head, Utopia follows his brother out to check the truck, securing the camels inside, and finally headed to the airport.  Home was the only place he wanted to be right now.

Soon as they arrived to the airport, the pilot looked in shock at the amount of camels they returned with.  Utopia shook his head, indicating 'Don't ask!'  Everything and everyone loaded, Utopia leaned back in his seat, removing his flask, as Lynchy took a seat next to him.  

"I don't know. Astro is acting a bit weird.  Hope he isn't sick or anything."

Utopia said nothing to his brother's concern, but took a long swig of whiskey, and closed his eyes.  

"Astro has always acted weird.  Mission success plus a bonus for the Boss. Now let me get some shut eye before we land home."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Mysterious Disappearance of Astro and Sasha
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL