Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 20:17:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Chicago Gone. Started by: Curtis on Apr 28, '15 21:25

First thing first, Chicago, The Windy City as a whole wasn't as united as it should have been for matching its standards at the peak of it's health, after eliminating NY.

Second thing, pseudo-CLs... Some past CLs had some very impressive careers in the past. It's like civilisations, when u reach some peak point, it's time to climb down the ladder, because you tend to forget yourself on your past achievements/laureals, not taking into consideration the dynamics of things around enough... And history knows very well which leaders were most responsible for the downfall of their civilisation. The advisers they took come as the next in that responsibility.

To answer your question Aniki, without entering into details, my guess is those pseudo-leaders simply are previsible to those who know them...

Report Post Tip
My ancestors experienced Chicago who were always very eager to learn and understand the ins and outs of these shores. It can be frustrating on both sides of the spectrum. Both the vet and the new mafiaso who decided to migrate here or even the bran spanking new guy. My ancestors had a very difficult time understanding the lack of interest in taking an obvious loyal, hard worker under their wing and sharing their successful tools. Thus explains why the same leaders and friends theme and once in awhile a noob is given a chance. My ancestors are very grateful for the men and women she met whodid not display Impatience and greed for selfish reasons.

I continue to meet and get to know wonderful people and NY rocks!
Report Post Tip

Things happen, people die.  Let CH rest already and let us remember the fallen for both achievement's and failures as they are both stepping stones onto a path of new experiences. Most will be back and some will take breaks before their next of kin returns to these shores. I lost good people in CH that need no explanation as this is the life we live.

Report Post Tip

I lost good leaders 2 Cookie. That doesn't need explanation either...

Report Post Tip

My line had a leader that one day sacrificed his earnings for a life. Not much at the time but it meant to me. It was kinda a relation building. Kinda things that get written in your DNA. Or get added to it, I don't know. And that leader died, not by his own fault, but because at the time of war other leaders choose their targets carefully if pushed in the corner. Like their shot meant: You did some stuff to me, I take my revenge here. Or mabe it was just like a warning saying: "Common, You are worth more than a passive peace of cake to swallow in some thousands of industrially built examples"...

Report Post Tip

Lychees Stands over the fallen then Salute them.

Rest in peace brothers!

Report Post Tip

Deadly listens to his crewleader and Godfather speak. He nods along at his words.

"I can't honestly say I pay much attention to what goes on outside of New York - I have a limited attention span and to be quite honest I spend most of my time trying to figure out how I managed to put my shoes on the wrong way round without noticing for half the day. Nevertheless, rest in peace to all that fell."

He nods his head and goes to walk away just before turning back after something he heard someone say.

"Peter_McNeil - I don't know who shot your father but I wouldn't call silence 'low class' or imply it as indecent. I can imagine quite a few things that would make me think that - but not silence. Like my mother always said - 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all you little twat'. Although now I come to think of it that probably isn't the original saying, and I think she might have missed the point. Anyway, my point was that silence isn't low class."

Deadly nods his head again and wanders off, realising from the discomfort of walking that he'd put his shoes on the wrong way round again. Damnit.

Report Post Tip

Being long since familiar with DeadlySin's inability to correctly match each shoe to the appropriate clubbed-foot, Barry had started scheduling his own movements around the man's infrequent forays beyond Brooklyn. This was because he was an upstanding member of the community and wanted to be present if his old comrade required a helping hand back to his feet when the inevitable happened and not at all because he wanted to laugh at him.

Before long, after a minute or two of swaying, Barry watched on as DeadlySin faced-planted right in the middle of the cobbles. He barely suppressed a chuckle as he offered him a hand up.

"Some things never change" he sniggered to himself.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chicago Gone.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL