Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:10
Page:  1 
The Allure of this Life Started by: Martiii on May 01, '15 14:53

Martiii clears a space on a corner of the streets to begin his speech. For weeks it had been on his mind, a question that his bloodline had never been able to answer. Maybe Someone may have the wisdom to give him the answer his family has sought after for years.

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen. I am Martiii, a resident of New York. Today I speak with the intent of bringing forth this question, For the last few weeks we have witnessed cities die and many perish, men women children have lost their lives. In this life of ours the temptations to make millions is great, but it is short-lived. My question to all is why do our children come following our footsteps when we die. why do they return to this world fighting just as hard as we do only to lose it all just as we did. What is the Allure of this life that brings generations upon generations back?

With that I open the floor for answers.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
The community I think. If the amount of nice people is larger than the amount of twats.
Report Post Tip

It will always be based off the community, but the community here fluctuates quite frequently and I have seen some of the nicest people turn into twats.  So the attitude of the people really depends where the community as whole is at the time.  I myself am generally a nice guy but sometimes have come off as an ass.

Takes his leave as a trail of cookie crumbs are left behind him

Report Post Tip

This life of ours on the streets is all in the attitude of thse you meet on the streets of the many cities we travel.

Report Post Tip

I don't think all children feel compelled to follow in their parents footsteps.  I see a fair amount of descendants that only return to gamble and hang around HQ and chat. I think it makes them feel closer to their kin when they talk to these people, but they choose not to follow in their parents footsteps and put themselves in harms way. Instead they choose to live their life on the sidelines, watching and keeping up on the local gossip.

Report Post Tip

The allure eh? Well personally it is the few people that my line classifies as friends that really keep me around.

Sometimes it's an added bonus when another person changes their views on me.

Mainly I just love the ability to earn my money and be more useful then an IA.

Surely that has to be enough right?

Report Post Tip

I am seeking answers. So I asked. There are numerous things that can bring one back here. money fame, the dream of becoming a CL or GF, the chance to be with friends again. I just got curious about why we come back and do everything possible to rise through the ranks, while knowing we may die at anytime and its all over. I like everyone's response so far very interesting

Report Post Tip

As Whore said, many return to talk and gamble. it also has that aspect of community, for some there a few people that keep them coming back. although for me i watched my father die over something stupid and decided to return to gamble and talk with those that took care of me growing up.

Report Post Tip

The most obvious answer to me is that people like to make something of themselves and try to surpass their ancestors in status and reputation. Also i'd say some like to rule over others and some probably aim for total domination.

Report Post Tip

It happens that TLWolf was in New York for some work, when he listened to Martii's speach, it was a good question indeed, TLWolf asked himself the same question, and he remembers one quote he learned from his bloodline before, it was very wise words (according to him) that he believed he can share with Martii, maybe it can give him what he is looking for. He walked to Martii and said:

Hi Martii, I was listening to you earlier, an old man once told me, 

Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I hope it does, have a good day.

TLWolf then turns back and continues to do what he came to do in New York.

Report Post Tip

Listening to LoneWolf Martiii shakes his head in agreement. 

"Thank you very much for these wise words LoneWolf."

Report Post Tip

Onikage meditates on all that has been said while quietly having a smoke while leaning against a nearby wall.  Drawing deeply, he drags in the last draw of his cigarette before flicking it towards a nearby drain grating.  

"There is definitely something addictive about it all" he thinks to himself while hailing a cab. 

Onikage gives his superior a respectful nod before disappearing into the vehicle to journey to another part of the City.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Allure of this Life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL