Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:38:40
Page:  1 
A Russian In Manhattan Started by: IrinaPetrov on May 04, '15 22:43

Irina sat at her desk, finishing up some paperwork. Things had been bumpy since Batiatus had returned to the old country for business. One of the old Godfathers had slipped right into his place and been working overtime to remind the residents of Manhattan who was boss. She threw her pen down and shoved her chair away from the desk. Just thinking about the Godfather made her blood pressure go up. She reached across her desk for the bottle of vodka she was currently using as a paperweight. She unscrewed the lid and put the bottle to her lips. Just as she tilted it up, the door to her office swung open. Ivan walked inside holding a box. Her eyes narrowed as she watched him cross the room towards her desk.

"What's that?", she asked as she eyed the box. Ivan was not really known for gift giving. She looked up at him, raising an eyebrow as he sat on the edge of her desk.

"It's for you, go ahead, open it," he said with a hint of a smile. She wasn't sure what he was up to, but she never could resist a present. She lifted the lid to the box and her eyes widened. Inside was a black and white silk dress, with a pair of black gloves to match. She looked up at him in surprise. He laughed at her reaction.

"We have been summoned to the Godfathers mansion. In fact, we have to be there in just a few hours. So hurry up and get ready. They are sending a car for us." He winked at her before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. Irina sank down into her chair, pulling out the dress as she sat. She held it up and smiled. Then the smile faded as quickly as it had come. 'Summoned,' she thought to herself. What in the world did the man want now? There was no time to waste. She definitely couldn't arrive at the mansion looking like this...

An hour later Ivan was knocking at her door. She was more nervous now that she had had the time to ponder whatever reasons there could be for them to be called to the Godfathers. She took a deep breath and opened the door. Ivan was standing there waiting. When he saw her, he held out his arm. She slipped her arm through his and they walked down the hallway. When they stepped outside, she saw the others standing by the car waiting for them. She wasn't sure if having them all there was a comfort or if it made her more nervous. What were they expecting? Probably the same thing she was, another outlandish request from the Godfather to "prove their loyalty" to him. They were all tired of these little tests. Maybe they were ready to do something about it.

They all piled into the car. She sat next to one of the doors, staring out the window in silence. A few of them spoke every now and then, but everyone's nerves were on edge so much wasn't really said. When they pulled up to the mansion, Ivan was the only one to speak. "Look guys, whatever happens in here, I'm proud of all of you. You have made Manhattan into what it is. Fuck that guy up there in his mansion. He doesn't know shit about this district. I know you all and I couldn't have asked for a better team."

Ivan opened up the door and stepped out, offering a hand to Irina. She took his hand, then slipped her arm through his. After she exited the rest of them stepped out. Together they climbed the steps towards the front door. Before they could even knock, the door was opened. "The Godfather is expecting you." A voice said from behind the door. Irina looked around, but could see no one. She tightened her arm around Ivan's as they walked towards the Godfather's office.

Report Post Tip

* 6 Hours Earlier *

Krestnii Otets, ha! I have no idea how this guy thinks he can lead our bratva. He's actually got less understanding of it all than my племя́нница. He wants to be my Pakhan? Ivan is my брат because of our world. These tattoos I have, are fucking birthmarks, and some 5th generation half-blood comes in and thinks he'll run the show? Niet.

Vladimir had been very outspoken and against the appearance of a new Godfather in Manhattan. He was generally rather private with his opinions, but apparently the arrival of a stranger, acting as a leader in his district, overheated the man. He was sitting at a poker table playing cards with a few of his Bodyguards discussing some meeting involving Ivan and the Godfather tonight.

I warned Ivan about this. It just doesn't seem right. Krestnii Otets wants to meet him now? For what? I told him I'd come along if he needed it, but niet, "stay" he said. "Don't worry yourself." I love this man as my own blood, but I do not understand him at times. I had him assure me he'd bring his Bykis. Or why we don't just send in a torpedo is beyond me.

The bodyguards in the room were very loyal to Vladimir but were still not responding to him. No matter how much you respected or feared a man, you'd have to be nuts to openly discuss sending a hitman after a Godfather. And that Vlad was. A madman. Yet, a very cunning one. He knew in his own HQ it was unlikely he'd be heard. But he also knew that the sandwich boy that had just dropped off lunch for them all, was a whispering little bird. And this sparrow belonged to the Godfather. See, Vladimir knew Ivan was planning something. He knew this wasn't all a coincidence. He was smarter than that.

I'm headed to my office. Have Prophet or Moxie come get me when the phone rings. 

Vladimir knew he'd be in on this, but would probably have a less public roll. He awaited Ivan's instructions.

Report Post Tip

*Present*

Walking up the steps Ivan in front Tarantino knew this was no ordinary meeting just as everyone was entering the Godfathers office Tarantino slipped himself a shot of vodka a favorite amongst the comrades as they piled in and were seated the Godfather lit a cigar. A smug look on his face as he let out a soft cough

Tarantino hated this man living up in this mansion whilst everyone else had to live like peasants kicking up their hard earned money so he could drive fancy cars and stuff his face with steak and caviar.

"You know why I called you here Mr.Romanov don't you?" Ivan nodded "Another one of your tests."

The old man let out a soft chuckle as he inhaled his smoke

"You are a smart man but clearly not smart enough I see your crew has been making moves on the streets my men tell me you've set up Vlad up there in a nice new place down in lower Manhattan."

The man stood getting a bit closer to Ivan looking him in the eyes.

"Now the last time I checked I still ran this District not you boy things go through me I built this while you were just some thug a nobody and that is exactly what you're going to be so tell me who do you think you are kid."

Ivan let off a smirk before clearing his throat

Report Post Tip

Ivan was rather annoyed with the lack of respect the current Godfather showed him. Godfather Batiatus and Ivan were the closest of comrades. And as soon as Batiatus left for the old country, this new Godfather thought he was running the show. Ivan ran Manhattan with his friends. Manhattan may have been under this new "Godfather" but Ivan was definitely calling the shots.

"You may be in charge of the district but you certainly don't run it. You haven't done anything in months. You sit on your ass in this castle you call a house and just take money from me. From my men. From the people who actually work hard and give a damn."

Ivan was more irritated with this than before. He eyed the bodyguard in the corner as he started to give his attention to the conversation. He noticed the Godfather get bothered over Ivan speaking to him in this tone. Ivan didn't care though.

"Ivan, be a good little boy..."

Ivan cut off the Godfather immediately.

"A good little boy huh? Actually I'll be the man in this. I'll be the man that takes his old dog out back to put him out of his misery. You know, the dog that has the old limp when he walks. Except I'll make an last offer."

As Ivan told the Godfather this, the bodyguard in the corner rushed over to get in Ivan's face. 

Report Post Tip

A gunshot rings out, glass shatters... the bodyguard falling to the ground. A simple window was enough weakness for the bodyguard to be seen and killed...

A voice rings out as the entry swings open. "Da, CassiLovesCEFFATE my most loyal bodyguard, and not bad shot." 

Vladimir looks to Irina, "You thinking I wasn't coming, cousin?"

Her face of shock slowly turns to smiles as she silently greets Vladimir.
After Vladimir steps into the room, Prophet and Moxie follow him in, guns raised... 

"You disrespectful fool, Vladimir... I know Ivan setting you up was a poor show of judgement. Do you see Ivan, the disloyalty of your comrades?" The Godfather has raised his voice to the point of screaming... although no one is sure if it is anger or fear.

Neit... I very loyal, and you are fool. Not I. Vladimir unbuttons his shirt and pulls the collar down to show Russian stars on the face of his shoulders...
You see these? Are not many men with these. Ivan, myself... Only true sons of Russia. Only true member of Bratva. 
And for men like Ivan and I... they are birthmarks. I think you misplace the gravity of situations... "
Krestnii Otets" Vladimir says the Russian equivalent of Godfather with extra emphasis and sarcasm.

Raising a gun to the Godfather's RHM, Vladimir turns to Ivan, "I'm with you, comrade." 

Report Post Tip

Ivan draws his own six shooter out of his waist band. He points it at the old arrogant Godfather.

"This is my last offer. Surrender now, and walk away from all of this. Walk away from the life and go live in Miami where the other old bastards retire. This isn't your home anymore..."

As Ivan was finishing his offer, the Godfather reached for something under his desk. Ivan aimed his piece at the Godfather's chest and as he did so, Ivan saw the chrome reflection of what looked like a gun. He fired his weapon, once. When the bullet hit his target, the Godfather's arms went limp. The old man dropped his gun and looked lifeless. He walked over to the desk and kicked the gun away from him. Ivan holstered his weapon back in his waist band.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way old man. It was never my intention to end your life, but something had to be done..."

Ivan looked back at this friends who were with him on this day. He was proud of every single one of them. This wasn't just a day for himself, but a day for all of Manhattan. Taking the role of the next Godfather was always a dream of Ivan's.

"Thank you all for having my back on this day. There isn't a better group of people I'd rather have next to me. Thank you comrade..."

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations on becoming Godfather sir. IvanRomanov i know you will do well and the late and great Batiatus couldn't have asked for a better successor. We have a great district here and you are now heading it officially. Again congratulations."

With that Woodpond then walked back to his HQ to continue his work on getting it ready.

Report Post Tip

The news came through that it was done. The old Godfather that had tried to move back in in Batiatus absence was a relic that needed removing and Curtis couldn't have been more delighted to get the call telling him that Ivan had come through like a champ. He grabbed his coat and headed over to Manhattan to join in the festivities. Arriving at Ivan's HQ, he went inside and up to the office embracing his friend warmly as he arrived.

"Ivan! You did it! Fantastic news. What a day for you but also for New York! Here..."

Curtis took out an envelope from his jacket and passed it to Ivan. He opened it and let the contents fall into his hands. A set of keys and a deed in Italian. He looked at Curtis with a curious eyebrow.

"I was in Sicily recently looking into the work Batiatus had done there. While I was there the old mob let me stay in this villa on the coast of the old country. I couldn't have been more relaxed or happier there. It was such a beautiful spot. While I was swimming in the bay one morning it came to me that this would make a perfect gift for your new promotion. We all need somewhere to escape and relax and this place, believe me man, this place is like nowhere else. So anyway I talked to the local land owner and although he was most reluctant to give it up, he was eventually persuaded to part with the deed. You will have year round staff there talking care of the place and all the usual benefits of the warm hospitality enjoyed by the old mob."

The two embraced again affectionately as would be customary when any gift valued into the millions. Curtis grabbed a nearby glass of the good stuff and went on.

"Ivan, you have proved yourself to be a remarkable man. An incredible work ethic, ferocious appetite for success and a cool head when it comes to important decisions. Cap all that with a refined and dignified way of conducting your public business and it has to be said, you have all the attributes of a first class Godfather. You are an asset to this city and I am proud to have you as a Godfather in this town."

He raised his glass and the others present joined him.

"To Godfather Ivan!"

Report Post Tip

My honest congratulations to you, Ivan. My relative had anticipated his for a while and I'm glad that I can finally see it happening. I know you'll do fantastic and I'm happy to be in your district.

Report Post Tip

A momentous occasion indeed! Congratulations to the newest Godfather of New York.

You have really taken up the mantle and I expect great things to come of this. I can't think of a better man for the job.

Report Post Tip

Mad Russian! Congratulations on your awesome promotion. I've gotten to know you more and more and it's quite simple to see why this choice was made. I look forward to continue to see you doing wonderful things for NY. Very very happy for you, best of luck and congratulations again!

Report Post Tip

Upon arrival to the recent gathering in NY on a recent promotion he grew excited at who it could possibly be, some whispers going on around the group as they wait in anticipation on who will be announced.  Upon hearing the Russian being promoted he runs and grabs a box of cookies.

Congratulations buddy this is well deserved and I think you will make an excellent God Father. 

Report Post Tip

Sandor had arrived late to Godfather Ivan's ceremony, as he had to tend to important business, however he could not forget his Godfather and such a momentous occasion. 

'Ivan, it is an absolute pleasure to see you take the role of Godfather of Manhattan after excelling as acting Godfather after the unfortunate retirement of Batiatus. You have done wonderful things in Manhattan and from my short time here, you have shown you are the hardest workers of them all, always putting your family first before anything else'. 

Sandor raises his hipflask to his mouth and takes a swig

'I look forward to the bright future Manhattan has under your lead'.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Russian In Manhattan
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL