Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 21:15:54
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The reason doesn't concern you. Started by: Truyk on May 06, '15 13:33

I don't know if this thread started in the streets and it got moved to OOC. Being the big efforts I see from some to role play their responses, I am guessing that this thread WAS in the streets and just one random OOC word did away with hours of collecting role playing and it went to the garbage and it got moved to OOC. It seems to be the fashion nowadays.

But I digress, let me finally address the topic at hand. Mystery might be fun for some, but not for me, and I think not for most anyway. Maybe a survey could be made. I'm sure most people would really appreciate reasons being posted. this is after all, a game, and whatever reason you wanna give me for real life motives NOT to make a speech giving reasons, at the end of the day, if the same people that are in power remove city after city and they can't be bothered to even give out a one liner of an explanation I might decide they are fucking tyrants, bullies and not feel like playing any more.

Maybe I should have said I am just giving a hypothetical situation. This is NOT a complaint on the current leadership. Actually, I really respect Curtis when he came out and said that after talking to one of the players he decided it would be a good idea to finally make such a speech.

So who cares? At least the guy making this thread, Tarantino, so maybe you could be a LITTLE less condescending or whatever it is you were being by belittling this guy's interests, which, coincidentally, are shared by many.

If we are still stuck on role playing reasons, well then don't role play standing on top of a soap box (who the hell does that in real life anyway?) and just role play the boss telling he trusted circle that they are planning to take out somebody or maybe explaining to his trusted circle why they had to kill all those people. We as players can see it but our characters shouldn't be able to hear it. People are gonna butt in anyway, but at least you have a clear conscience that you were faithful to a logical role playing situation.

I loved The Cube's and Barry's posts also.

Report Post Tip
I've never seen a reason for it. Yeah sure sometimes the leader will make note of why a city or crew was taken down but the ultimate reason was, they felt they needed to do what was best to protect their city, their people, their crew. If another city is threatening the safety of their crew in dark alleys then they don't deserve a reason why they're getting sacked. Their removal was justified by any means. It usually chalks up to disrespect, threats made against a crew member or leader, or general assholery and the leaders owe no one explanations.
Report Post Tip

How I see things is very simple. Those who win at some time know why and how they did it. Those who lost, having all the prerogatives to win - but failed, also know why the things went the way they went. In our world, there's no need to entertain the masses; to pose questions; those who need to know, know. Now, if you pose yourself questions, it may be justified, but if you don't have answers after that much time passes on, maybe you should ask yourself if you really are trusted?

Report Post Tip

It's not about debt and it's not about trust. It's about being players in a game. If you ostracize many players all of the time they may get bored of never being "in the know" and they could stop playing.

If I'm not trusted, don't tell me before in case I spill the beans, but sometimes when there are no explanations posted, you could even be one of the "winners" and still feel left out. It's a shitty feeling.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Nestor, as players of the game it's just something we want to know. I mean your character dies not you. It really just makes the game more interesting if we know reasons. That's human nature, we always ask why.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The reason doesn't concern you.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL