Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:06:08
Page:  1 
When Is Enough Enough? Started by: Fear on May 09, '15 00:44

There comes a time in every family where decisions need to be made, how you want to lead your family, and these type of decisions are never easy when you have a specific vision and future you want for your family. For me personally its activity, hard work, a place where people come in and they know everyone is on equal ground, nobody is being given anything for free, everyone is working for what they have and even when they hit the top it is constant work until the end of days.

What decision do you make though when you find your family filling up fast, when killing off a few inactives ends up with the needing to find more room just a few hours later? What do you do when you cannot stop yourself from getting a full family? Some may argue that in my position you could authorize somebody to set up to help with this but what if you are not ready for that?

I ask these questions because it seems some have taken a bad view on the death of Ulysses, so I come out here asking what should I have done? Should I have kept a guy who in the two month time spent in Latin's family and the time he has been in mine we have gained nothing out of them? Should we continue to allow him to do things that others who are active get punished for such as not turning in shot reports? Do we have standards now specifically for active people and a different set for inactives?

When things like this happen and we have questions should we not be going personally to the source to ease any questions or concerns we have regarding what happened? Speaking in coffee shops where the person that made the decision is not even at does not rectify the situation, it just adds more to the discussion which will never receive an answer to given the main guy who holds the answer is not in there to defend himself. 

What about actives who after numerous discussions with them they still refuse to do what you ask of them? When does their chances finally run out? Is it never? Do you just keep trying and hoping or is it acceptable to get rid of them if that time ever comes? Should we alter our plans based around those who do nothing just to keep giving them chances instead of keep moving forward and basing things around those who are helping?

I would love to hear others opinions on this and what you are suppose to do given these choices and if you would like to speak on the Ulysses topic please do feel free as I would love to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.

Report Post Tip

Not personally knowing Ulysses or yourself Fear I would say enough is enough when you as the Leader of the family decides it is. After all, it's your family to do with as you see fit correct? We are told respect is a big issue here so when you as a leader have to keep telling someone something that to me is showing disrespect as if just blowing you off. My great grandpappy used to tell me "first time telling things not followed shame on you, second time telling same thing and not followed shame on me, THERE WILL NOT BE A THIRD TIME OF TELLING YOU!"

Simply put for you as the HEAD of the Family Enough is Enough when you've decided you've had ENOUGH!!

Silent_Assassin decides to go back to her perch in the rafters and be silent, even if just for a minute :)

Report Post Tip

I’m afraid I’d rather not comment directly on the death of Ulysses, as I don’t feel I know enough about situation in order to pass judgement. This is just my overall viewpoint.

Personally, I would ask any potential members their average playing time before recruiting them – in order to gauge if their activity fits my requirements. Of course, circumstances can change which can substantially affect a player’s ability to be active – yet, it gives a decent grounding and being frank from the beginning would help both parties.

As many of us are aware, there’s the ability to set a play-style alongside other crew information. This can be a welcome indication to potential recruits what is expected of them.

I firmly believe that there should be a place for every variety of player: from casual to hardcore. Whether it's four hours a week or four hours a day, nobody should feel unwelcome, intimidated or put under extreme pressure  – it’s only a game, after all.

Report Post Tip

We have a lot of the same opinions Kazimir and my family is listed as hardcore for a reason, if people join my family and realize that the requirements to rank is something they cannot do then I will let them leave to find a home more suitable to them and protect them until such time they find one.

I try to motivate people, as a Leader I feel it is a big part of my job is to get everyone going and try to get them to the best they can be, at the end of the day whatever goals it is people have that is what I want them to achieve. It is a game and I want people to have fun in my family and if they are not having fun and I cannot fix that and want to move out then I will allow that too, I am far from trigger happy on my members and the only time people get shot prior to the 7 days I usually give people for inactivity is when we need an immediate spot which I find it pretty lenient given how fast we are filling up.

I understand the outside perspective when just looking at these type of things, I guess I just wish people would come speak to me about it when there are concerns or questions, I won't take offense to them, I have no problem with clearing up things in my opinion that is another part of being a leader, you may not need others to accept what you are doing but I like for people to understand why I am doing what I am doing given they have questions or concerns and hopefully I can do that in the future.

Report Post Tip
Well that answer lies with the Godfather and CL in the town that these players come from really . It's not a easy decision to kill a low level player and it's even harder to kill a high and we'll liked player . However if they continue to not follow the rules set in place to make your family strong or they don't help your family then it's time to go .

And yes people might not like what you have done but there not in the shoes of the uppers that make that call ..
Report Post Tip

I agree with what was said by Silent and Black. As a leader you choose how you want to run your crew. The choices you make may not always be the popular ones, sometimes they have to be the necessary ones. In time we see the effects of the choices we make. 

Report Post Tip

SaintEa pray a long time and hears the BeerGods voice become the man to voice for them.

Errrhjhhhm. Excuse me. Sorry. But yes. The BeersGods have decided it was time to send their voice in one this. First and foremost, this is your choice as a CL and district head. If what you believe is enough, then it is Enough. I cannot speak on a man I do not know, but I know from journals I have read that my forefathers would not tolerate this. You earn your spot, you do as others most. If he cannot then what makes him special?

Sorry started a rant there my friend. What I am trying to say is everyone is held to the same standard. My for bearers have held Cl's acctountable for things like Sr's the same as a gangster. Also thou8gh using that example, arrangements can be made otherways/ So long story short, if as a Cl you deem you are over that line you do what you have to do. The members Popularity means nothing to me. You do what you have to do to save your family. Others may degress, thats just mine and the BeerGods thoughts atm.

Report Post Tip

Ah, Ulysses.

I remember recruiting Ulysses back when I was MementoMori. Back then, he was an active, loyal, and a hard working member - he was even reachable on Whatsapp! When I died, along with the rest of New York, Ulysses went inactive.
I've talked with him every once in a while on Whatsapp, but I knew he was IA. All I can say is, Fear, is that even though Ulysses was a friend of mine, and it guts me to see him dead, you had every right to take the shot and make space for a new member. Afterall, he was very IA.

Report Post Tip
No hard feelings, I would have done the same thing if I were In your shoes.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: When Is Enough Enough?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL