Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:21
Page:  1 
Philly gets Philosophical Started by: Tetley on May 09, '15 20:56

A crowd of mobsters had gathered around outside Tetley's Headquarters after word had been spread he was due to make an announcement, there were members from all over the country to listen to what he was about to announce and ready to send work back to their organisations. Tetley makes his way outside of his headquarters across from the Race Street Pier next to the Delaware River bridge with Darth_binaTyke and one of his Dons. He takes a step forward and clears his throat and begins to speak.

"Today I'll be giving my blessing for someone to setup his own headquarters within my district, he is not originally from Philadelphia but has worked hard and proven himself to be an asset to my city and deserving of his chance to run his own family. So without further ado I introduce to you Socrates."

Tetley takes a step back allowing Socrates to address the gathered crowd.

Report Post Tip

Socrates  makes a step forward takes a look at his suit and notices a stain from tomato sauce  on his new white shirt. Then he drinks a little more of his champagne and says;

Thank you! That's all!

Well actually I have prepared a speech but I forgot to take it with me. I don't remember much as I am an old man, but I can't forget where I started from. I came from Chicago to this fine city of Philadelphia . My time there was good, but short. I worked hard, and now, here, finally my dream comes true. And I couldn't have done this, without the help of one man, our beloved Godfather Tetley. The man who gave me hope, a home to continue my life, and a place to work,  when I needed that. Actually he gave me a great place to work for, the city of Philadelphia.

Ladies and gentlemen I proudly present you

THE ELDERS

My headquarters in Old City District will act following the Teabag Division on their benefit. We are seeking for a long life cooperation.

Thank you all for coming.

Report Post Tip

Honesty raises his glass upon heating the news.

"Congratulations Socrates. It is always interesting to see a new crew set up. Let yours be a prosperous one."

Honesty gulps down the last of the drink and walks away, shaking Socrate's hand just before doing so.

Report Post Tip

Sharky had heard that one of his good friends was finally being given his own chance to run his own family, he was happy for Socrates and decided to go give him a congratulations, but as he got into his car to drive and let him know he realized that as a creature with no opposable thumbs couldn't operate a vehicle as precisely as one who does. 

After crashing into a random wall he sat there and hoped that Socrates knew that he would have given him his best wishes if he could, and then he took a nap, because lets face it, wrecking is tiring. 

Report Post Tip

Walks towards Socrates as he approaches nearly to him, Give him a huge hug. " Congrats buddy, You well deserve the position right now. I cant wait to see you and your family grew " Goodluck and i wish all the best to all the Elders!

*Hand him a bottle of imported whiskey* Cheers!

Report Post Tip

Walks up to Socrates and shakes his hand and smiles. 

"Congratulations my friend, I wish you good luck and look forward seeing what you can do for the great city of Philadelphia. Cheers buddy."

Report Post Tip
Congratulations my old friend!
I'm pretty sure you will do fine in this wonderful city of ours.

Salute!
Report Post Tip

Hearing the news that the big boss man was authorizing another crew in Old City District IllFated made sure he was out there personally to hear it first hand. He left SiriusBlack's headquarter which wasnt too far away from Tetley's and got there just in time. Listening as the announcement was made he clapped his hands together than walked over to Socrates and said

"Congratulations, we may have not talked much in the past but if you need anything dont hesitate to ask."

Report Post Tip
Congratulations Socrates, I look forward to getting to know you well and hear your philosophical and enlightening thoughts on how the city of Philadelphia will progress from here
Report Post Tip

A very big congratulations to you and your new family Socrates.
I cannot convey the pride I feel seeing someone so deserving be given this honor... Godfather Tetley has made an excellent decision.

I wish you and your family the best of luck and I am looking forward to seeing you succeed.

Report Post Tip

Tony takes a step forward and removes his fedora. He smiles and speaks.

Congratulations to you Socrates, we haven't spoken really but I look forward to working with you and seeing what you can do alongside Godfather Tetley and the rest of Old City District and the fine city of Philly. The very best of luck to you. You said your dreams come true and a very big congratulations on that once again!

With that he nods at Socrates and puts back on his fedora before taking a few steps back into the crowd giving someone else a opportunity to speak.

Report Post Tip

Toast walks out into the streets to hear of his good family friend finally getting the chance he has worked hard to earn. Smiling as he walks up to Socrates he laughs.

Socrates man! This is awesome. I am so happy for you, and can not wait to see the things you will be able to do. I know you bring a strong presence and a good state of mind to Philly as a whole. You have helped many families, and now you can help your own!

Report Post Tip
BlackWater is walking down the street and sees the new HQ of Socrates and stops in to congratulate him on his new position . Well done sir you will do well in Philadelphia and help your city grow even stronger
Report Post Tip

All this time you were bottled up hiding all this wealth of information in the Teabaggin castle. In the short time that I have got to know you now. I can say that Chairmen Tetley has made a spectacular choice to have you setup along side the rest of us here in Phi. And specially with that stinky Sirius guy over there, its a nice change to have a well groomed guy setup a HQ in OCD. I have no doubts that the wait to get this for your lineage may have been long. But you will pass all tests with flying colors! 

I wish you the best as you build your family in OCD my friend. If you ever need anything, were just a short distance away. 

Congratulations Don Socrates. I wish you the best as you move forward. 

Report Post Tip

TheLoneWolf was sleeping till 12 O'clock, he had lots of things to do last night so he couldn't just wake up early, As he leaves his house he notice a big crowd around Tetley's Headquarters. He heard the crowd talking about Socrate starting his own crew. He was delighted to hear so, Socrates is a good hard working guy. He talked to him earlier once, he is definitely a wise guy, he once told me a quote about a lone wolf. He decides he should go to congratulate Socrates, maybe later during the day if he had time.

Report Post Tip

Taking a stop in PH to listen to Tetley speak and introduce Socrates as getting the go ahead. he proudly walks up to Socrates and shakes his hand and gives him a brotherly hug.  Knowing that Tetley has made an awesome choice in a strong leader and someone that puts in hard work and dedication.

Congratulations Socrates I have done many OC's with you and have seen you around.  You always present yourself in a professional manner as well as polite and timely.  I know many good things will come from you and glad to have you around, once again congratulations and job well done.

Report Post Tip

Showing up quite late to the celebration, Brie knew she could show up empty handed. Before she stopped to congratulate the newest Crew Leader in Philly she had to stop and pick up a couple of congratulatory gifts. First stop was to get a case of the finest whiskey in Philly and then off to see a guy about some Cuban Cigars. Once she had these items in hand she made her way to Old City District. 

There was still a bunch of people hanging out at Socrates new HQ, so she had to twist and weave through the crowd to reach the new crew leader.

"Socrates, sorry it took me sometime to get over here but I wanted to personally congratulate you on this accomplishment. Its nice to see Philly still growing and I'm sure you will do wonders in helping build this city even more then it has grown into already."

Brie puts the case of whiskey down on his desk and hands him the box of Cubans.

"Please take these as a token of my congratulations to you."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Philly gets Philosophical
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL