Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:10:04
Page:  1 
Information Network Started by: Buddha on May 10, '15 08:28

Time: 8 O'Clock in The Morning, May 10th, 1932.

Buddha wakes up feeling tired, It was a long night yesterday, he did not want to wake up that early to jog but he knows he can't do this. His doctor told him he will die if he don't lost weight and do sports. Finally he gets out of his bed & wear his sports cloths and gets out of his small house into the streets.

It was cloudy and a bit humid so he sensed it is going to rain soon, he started walking slowly to warm up, then he started moving in faster steps (almost jogging) as he reaches the block corner. Looking around, watching the buildings and the people around him, he continued jogging for half an hour when he eventually ended up at his favourite restaurant and walked in.

"Good Morning Buddha" said Michael the restaurant manager as Buddha walks in.

Buddha replied: Good Morning Michael, My regular breakfast please. He then picks up today's newspaper and sits on his favourite table overlooking the street.

Buddha started reading the newspaper when he noticed a bulletin talking about a mafia cartel going down after the FBI has received an inside tip about a big operation that was planned few days earlier, the FBI agent commented that it was quite difficult to get any information about this operation and how glad he is to get such a tip.

Buddha hums a bit loud: Information...hmmm. He couldn't help himself but to agree that information is really important in this world. He picked up his pen and started drafting some words and sentences on a blank part of the newspaper, he was trying to work out a plan that can help his crew have continuos access to a big pool of information.

His Idea was to put 2 or 3 smart gangsters in each city, those gangsters are not supposed to travel out of their assigned city except in cases of war, they can provide information about drug prices and other people in the city all the time when needed. They can do district drug sales to gain money and experience, and the crew can compensate them for not travelling by giving them a daily or weekly amount of money. This way the crew can have continuos access to drug prices, people locations, wack statements...etc

He is not sure if this is a nice idea or not, "I need to take some opinions before i discuss this with my boss, I do not want to look stupid" says to himself. Buddha started having his breakfast and waits for someone to tell him what do they think about this Idea.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $150,000 Tip

Freelancer takes a seat at Buddha's table, taking a sip of coffee before clearing his breath.

"It's a interesting idea you got there my friend, the way I see it this idea can be good and bad at the same time as others could be tracking the people in those cities. I like this idea in all fairness, as it could be a excellent way to make money."

He picks up the paper and starts reading the sports section.

Report Post Tip

Buddha welcomes Freelancer to his table and replies: Thanks my dear friend.

Buddha looks to the guy sitting on the table next to him and asks him: Hi there, What do you think about that?

Report Post Tip

S56 was walking and happened to overhear what Buddha was saying, so he goes over to him and says:

"It is an interesting idea, but drug prices change rapidly, and unless the informant has posted the info in the last 10-15 minutes, its not really reliable. also the money you gonna be paying those members will probably be higher than FBN tip price."

Report Post Tip

Buddha thanks S56 for stopping by and replies: having 2 or 3 members in every city, increases the chance of always having someone awake at any certain time during the day, hence they can be approached by other crew gangsters for an update at the time intended. As in regards to their salary, a usual tip normally costs 20,000 dollars or more if all travellers would pay 10k for the tip for example, it can save the gangsters money and give them a better update on prices. Not to mention, that the city gangsters will also provide information about other crews gangsters in the city.

Buddha exclaims: But thanks anyways, maybe i shall consider those points as well. Let me invite you for a cup of coffee if you have time.

Report Post Tip

Buddha stands up and raise his voice so that everyone in the restaurant can hear him: Good Morning Everyone, You have all heard my Idea, Would anyone like to comment or suggest anything to make it better. 

Buddha then looks to the restaurant manager and says: All orders this morning are to be on my account Michael.

Report Post Tip

S56 accepts Buddha's offer and takes the seat for a cup of coffee he then continues:

"FBN aren't all that expensive, like the last time I got info on Detroit drug prices and it cost me 630$. I gotta say I love the way you think though, good things will come out of it. I'll stick around to see what happens."

he then takes a the coffee and starts sipping away, listening...

Report Post Tip

Buddha listens to S56 as he speaks and replies: You might be right S56, It might not be worthy in terms of cash only. But i would assume it might have some value in regards to intel about other crews gangsters and maybe later we can think of other roles for them to do as well, they might be selected if they are smart and not into killing anyone, you know those young gangsters who just wants to live peacefully and grow old.

Report Post Tip

He sharks his way over to the conversation taking place between Buddha and a few other people of the mafia cloth, they all seem to be discussing a new type of mobster which will sit in their respective city and gather intel. While it sounds like a good idea, at the same time it seems like something he had heard from a spy novel rather than something a mobster should be doing, but could it work?

Ahem. Yes, it is I, the shark. I'm not entirely certain the exact specifics of this idea, but is it not easier if every person within the crew gathers information? Rather than having a select few sit in a city for weeks at a time? The idea of someone gathering intelligence is a cool one, but I think eventually people would be able to tell who these people are if they pay close enough attention. If I see Bob hanging out in Philadelphia for nine weeks in a row when he's from a Las Vegas outfit, surely I'd be able to guess that this person is simply here trying to find things out?

He rolls over closer to where the people are having the conversation so that they can hear him better, he had always been told he has the voice of a field mouse so this was probably for the best.

I like the idea in theory, but I think this could easily backfire. Maybe make it so that these select information seekers can go to whatever city they want whenever they wish rather than be placed in a city for the duration of their lives? They could still relay information back to their leaders without making it seem obvious that this is exactly what they're doing, but I still think this is something that every member should be actively doing anyways. You should always pay attention to your surroundings.

He looks both ways before sneaking back out of the conversation, perhaps he would try the life of a mafia spy?!

Report Post Tip

Buddha listens to the interesting facts LandShark have mentioned and pauses for a while thinking about it.

Then says: Well, Let me put this in 2 points, First Point is This Squad which can call Information Squad can have an internal rotation, so that everyday, they exchange cities, in this case, you or anyone else would not notice them staying for a long time in one city since this will not happen. Second of all, Information collection is a role of every gangsters of course, but if left free, it is theoretically possible that at a certain time of the day, you might not have any crew member in a certain city which could impact the crew access to information.

Buddha Continues: I think the rotation within the squad could help solve both problems and it will as well give them a chance to make money easier.

Buddha orders a cup of tea and waits to listen to more comments or suggestions in regards to the same matter.

Report Post Tip
Salvatore takes a seat at the table.

I Think it's a good idea but I think you are going to have trouble finding 2 or 3 gangsters who would want to stay in one city.
Report Post Tip

I'll stay in one city for you, only $ 20 000 000 per day.

Report Post Tip
I think a agent would be cheaper.
Report Post Tip

Buddha thanks Salvatore, Maedhros for their comments, and responds: So are you totally against the Idea, or you think it can be modified in a way or another to be implemented?

Report Post Tip
I think it a good idea but hard to implement.maybe if it was a perk for crews like a competition.
Report Post Tip

I think the idea has merit if modified, instead of the same person staying in one city, every two days or so they rotate out. That way you could still cover every city but at the same time each crew member involved could get to know each city and commit crimes in various locations to help them achieve experience.

Report Post Tip

TheLoneWolf listened to what everyone has said and decided to speak to Whore when they go back to the HQ to see if they can really implement that Idea.

Report Post Tip

Listening to Buddah and others make their input and closely listens to the idea, deciding to say a few words himself.

I think the idea of course is a great idea, however the lack of exp one would get I see as troubling while money seems like a great way to solve the issue I think what Whore says has far better merits.  Plus having ONE person in that city forever without some type or rotation can be seen as troubling to a crew.  Seeing the same individual never leave that city can leave some people paranoid, not only that but if they have maxed vision.

I think a rotation of every couple days would make this a sound idea, i for one would be bored as hell never leaving a area, as some places hardly have any jailbreaks.  Take for instance getting stuck in CH no crews there, little chance of jailbreaks.  I would lose my mind without that kind of interaction.

Putting his fedora back on head heads out briskly thinking about the idea, as he heads back to the HQ to discuss somethings with LordBlackwod.

Report Post Tip

Information is certainly worth a lot in our world. Its based on information we make most of our decision and such. But this isn't just information you are trying to address here. You are talking about something more intricate than that. You are talking about stationing personalle in particular cities for this. 

Now if a Don decides to assign members to these acts I can't say much because I wouldn't interfere in the internal workings of someones family. But if the members were willing to sit in one city and collect the data you speak of, and they get compensated. Good for them. But I think every member of our community likes to travel the world, expand their horizons. Not to mention the fact that long distance traveling usually lends to higher profits in the drug trade. With stationing members in one city you would be taking a significant hit on the profit side. 

As far as them always updating drug prices and such. I guess thats a benefit, but if your network of communication is any good, a mobster can always find a friend who is willing to provide you such info. And as far as matters of Witness Statements, thats purely based on luck. Stationing members in a particular city or districts in no way gives you a leg up on catching such statements. Thats just random luck if someone witnesses a murder. Happens a bit in our world...but no guarantee that you will be the person to see if you sit on the street corner all day everyday. 

But if you were gonna go ahead and implement this. I would have to agree with the following words here:

I think a rotation of every couple days would make this a sound idea, i for one would be bored as hell never leaving a area, as some places hardly have any jailbreaks.  Take for instance getting stuck in CH no crews there, little chance of jailbreaks.  I would lose my mind without that kind of interaction.

Report Post Tip

TheLoneWolf listened to what LordBlackwod have said, He is right in a way, if such an idea will be implemented, it needs to be managed in an efficient way, maybe like compulsory military service, so every gangster have to serve in for few days, it could even be part of his promotion, to serve a number of days before he gets his next promotion. Or as Buddha said earlier, gangsters can change cities daily or every couple of days, so that they can do more trades and make more profit. 

TheLoneWolf wonders if any of the crew leaders would be interested in trying this out. He is not really sure that they would even disclose this if they will do it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Information Network
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL