Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:37
Page:  1 
The Time Machine Started by: TheLoneWolf on May 14, '15 07:12

It was nearly 8 O'Clock in the morning when TheLoneWolf started having his breakfast, he grabbed a book out of this 6 books pack that he have bought earlier this week from the bookshop. He didn't really know what books were in that pack as he normally doesn't like to be seen by anyone inside the bookshop, he might be perceived differently by other gangsters if they see him buying books that why he just bought this pack and left immediately from there.

He looked at the book title, it was a novel by H.G. Wells called " The Time Machine ", he felt like what is that ? he started reading the novel while having his breakfast trying to realise what was that all about. He moved from one page to another while having his breakfast not feeling the time, till he realised it was already 10 O'clock and he is almost half the way through the book. He couldn't continue reading as he had to get ready to go out to the Headquarters. 

He left the book flipped and opened on the page he was reading and started getting dressed, pulled his gun out of its socket, checked it and put it back in his pants socket and left to work.

TheLoneWolf couldn't take the idea of a Time Machine out of his mind, it was a really interesting idea, imagine what could his crew do if they acquire such a machine. They could simply avoid being caught by the police, or they can make sure they monitor drug prices to avoid losses or make more profit. They could even travel back in time and kill those big mafia leaders or warn their elderlies to avoid being killed.

He realises he should stop thinking about this and focus on work, but the question that couldn't leave his mind

"Can this dream come true in the future, What would they do if they get such a machine ?"

He decided to write all of this in his column in the streets newspaper and listen to what would other gangsters say about it.

Report Post Tip
it was 8  O'Clock and jason_allen_profitt walk in and look around and sit down and eat breakfast jason had gravy  and  biscuits jason look a 
round i see a book could the good book i look at the book and read from it. then  jason looks and see the  novel by H.G. Wells called " The Time 
Machine" it was a nice book jason could not get the book out of his head. maybe there could rely be a time Machine that would tack you back 

​to the begins of time. 

Report Post Tip

"A time machine? I read that book too but I just don't think it would be possible. Why would you want to go back in time when we have so much here and now? Yeah, sure maybe things aren't perfect but at least we're not dying of horrible diseases because there was no medicine to cure our ills."

Murphy pauses for a moment, biting her lip at the thought of visiting the past. The prospect is tempting to say the least, but not tempting enough to want to try risking it. What if it was viable but it didn't work or it broke down, what if you got stranded in the past or future? Would you be able to adapt or would you succumb to whatever the world decided to throw at you?

"I fear for the future too, I fear that it will not be like what we have today. Who knows if we will even survive another fifty years or if war or famine will break out and destroy us. Already we've seen the economy go to hell with the drought in the midwest, what's to say things won't just get worse? What about the great war? What's going to happen if something like that ever happens again?"

Clutching the newspaper in her hand she crumples it slightly, worry showing clearly on her face. 

"I just don't think that we should ever be given the power to play around like that. It's just not right." 

Report Post Tip

TheLoneWolf listens to what Murphy has said, she seemed right in a way as well, what if my enemies are the ones who got the machine first, and travelled in the past to kill me ?, what if they could travel to the future to know which sectors of the economy is growing up and invest in it, the idea is more complicated, he needs to listen to what more people would say.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Time Machine
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL