Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:31:35
Page:  1 
Ancient Style War Started by: TheLoneWolf on May 15, '15 22:30

TLW Sitting in his favourite spot at this nice quite bar next to his house, reading this book, it is the story of Achilis, the warrior from ancient time, it was really an interesting story about the son of Gods and his great power, he was a true warrior by all means, he thinks fighting with swords and horses could have been probably something nice and interesting, so bad we have guns now, a stupid coward could easily shoot you in the back if he have a gun and you do not have enough bodyguards to protect you.

There was an interesting fact that occurred in more than one occasion in the story, When there is a war and the two armies are standing in front of each other, the tradition was to get the best warrior from each side and they face each other, and the army that the winner fighter belongs to is considered a winner. There was no need for any further fighting, it was simply like that, the best warrior from each army faces each other and thats it. The loser surrender to the winner and it is over then.

TLWolf started thinking about this days wars, and how a whole crew or city is wiped off, none is left alive except very rarely. What if things would change. what if nowadays wars goes the same way, a duel between the best of each crew and the winner gets it all. The loser crew surrender themselves to the winner crew who either chooses to let them join in if have slots, or he would assign someone to manage the loser crew, or they could even start a sub-crew and ask every gangster of the loser crew to join in or get killed.

it was an interesting idea but he was not sure if it could ever come true, he decided to discuss this with the people sitting around at the bar and listen to what they think about it. He was asking himself: 

Would Crew Leaders consider this way of war, The Ancient Style War ?

Report Post Tip

After listening to TheLoneWolf speak he decides to have his trusted senior guard speak on his behalf. As to the subject is somewhat irrelevant to the life we live here and the dedication we have to a CL/GF.  So FatalityIsAFatty speaks up.

On this subject the style of ancient combat would never work here, as Achilles has never been proven to be more then a myth most ancient armies never did such combat.  Or has there been many reports of such things happening, most wars were brutal and bloody with heavy losses on both sides.

Take for instance someone killing my leader, my leader may have been my bestfriend/my brother/sister.  If I was enlisted into another army first chance I get i'd put a bullet in the one that fell my leader, this is the reason here that many people are not spared because animosity outweighs the chance of loyalty.  Now that is the reason some people below "made-man" are spared because they have not earned that button of loyalty yet.

​So unfortunately the form of ancient combat would never suffice in this world of ours.  Nor would I say a duel here is a just means for anything here because when wiping a city here it is typically not for one persons wrong but typically several individuals involved in some kind of plot.

With that FatalityIsAFatty adjusts his tie and walks back over to his boss, and gets a nod of approval.  With that Cookie hands his senior guard a 100.00 for a very thought out speech as he takes a drink of milk from his flask and jumps into the back of his car and speeds off. 

Report Post Tip

TLW Listens to CM senior guard as he talks on behalf of his master, it was an interesting speech from a guard indeed, CM definitely knows how to choose his guards, he is right some how, loyalty issues could rise up in such cases, he feels upset that CM left before he could discuss it more with him but anyways he asks the barman to put CM & his guards drinks on his tab and waits to see what others might comment about this.

Report Post Tip
Interesting concept, but it would never work.
Report Post Tip

TLWolf thanks princess Maedhros for her opinion and invites her for a drink if she have the time.

Report Post Tip

Zmeika runs into the bar, late for her meeting with Maedhros. She breathlessly arrives, and notices that her friend is already deeply involved in a discussion. Zmeika orders herself a drink, as she tries to listen to the discussion. As she takes her drink into her hand, she overhears something funny and bursts into a a fit of laughter once she sees Maedhros' face.

She walks over to TheLoneWolf, and says, "Sir, I have nothing to add to this discussion as I believe that man in the tie over there", pointing to a the retreating figure of FatalityIsAFatty, "spoke well. However, don't let Maedhros' luscious long hair fool you. He is indeed a prince, not a princess. I can completely understand the misunderstanding" 

Zmeika looks over to see Maedhros' face turn a scarlet red from the embarrassment of having his friend point this out. 

"But you are more than welcome to join us for the drink that I am woefully late for." 

She turns to Maedhros and offers an apologetic smile, and lifts her glass to both men. 

"Salut!"

Report Post Tip

TLWolf feels shocked for a while then realises everything out and started laughing...

Thanks for pointing that out, said TLW to Zmeika. as he raise his glass up in a cheer saying " Salut "

TLWolf then turns to the barman and ask for another round of drinks.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ancient Style War
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL