Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Al_Capone in The Strip Started by: Reverend_Al_Sharpton on May 20, '15 03:25

Your guess is correct, Freeatlast. He opened up the HQ before all the relevant authorities had been given and so in accordance with the rulings set forth by the Godfathers in power, he was struck down for failure to abide by said rules.

Now, I know very little of the events so my word isn't gospel, but I would be astonished to find I was incorrect given the source of the information I have.

Report Post Tip

I was told the time between him going bold and the speech being given was about 3 minutes. I don't know how accurate that is - but I trust my source is reliable enough.

Now, this is still a violation of the rules, but is it really worth shooting someone over it? 3 minutes, barely anything. But I guess that when you have enforced a rule before, you have to enforce it again.

Report Post Tip

You can look at it both ways. One can say "only 3 minutes?" and you have a point. But we can also ask ourselves why the hell he didn't make his speech before going bold. 

Report Post Tip

True, and I wonder why. It seems to happen with more people, which is why I think instead of enforcing some sort of standard all this rule really accomplishes is hindering growth and giving people big kills in a stale time. But that might just be my sour opinion.

Report Post Tip

A good friend of mine always says "A kill is a kill". I doubt they are doing it for the kill. Kills is what we have most of lately. I'm sure they would rather not kill a crew leader but if the rules are clear and people are too careless to do things in the right order... like my boss was saying, maybe it's just about enforcing the rules. However arbitrary they may seems, they are in place, so why break them?

Carelessness? Arrogance? Lack of information? I don't know but it has happened so often that you'd think people would make sure it didn't happen again...

Report Post Tip

Even though this is now irrelevant Maedhros sadly you wereslightly misinformed about the duration between Al_Capone setting up and that short speech that was given.
There was at least one gun pointed at Al_Capone for approximately 58 minutes [waiting to cool down from a previous contract Las Vegas] before someone reminded the late Al_Capone about his required street speech, after which the hit on him was cancelled and the mentioned shooter left the city.

Report Post Tip

Tony stepped forward to give his input on the situation.

Firstly let me say I've spoken several times to Al_Capone. He was a good guy indeed and one whom I was looking forward to see running a crew. With that being said I understand why what was done...was done. Rules have been set in place and regardless of one's views on them we must all follow them. The time in between things whether 10 seconds or 10 hours is irrelevant because again as harsh as it may seem, rules are rules. Were someone to get a pass because of time or anything else then it would be unfair to all the past leaders who fell in the same manner. We have to remember what is for one...is for all when it comes to the rules.

Finally I would ask please let Al's death not go in vain. Let us all use this as a reminder to ourselves to remember to follow protocol when doing things. Most people don't willfully break the rules especially this particular one in this discussion however it's important to remember to do the right things. Let this be a very harsh reminder.

Rest in peace Al_Capone.

Tony tips his fedora to the crowd and takes a step back listening to the next person speak.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Al_Capone in The Strip
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL