Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:06:56
Page:  1 
Interview With A Mafia. Started by: Carnival on May 20, '15 05:40

A dream huh? What does a dream of something you cherish and want to have so bad that you'd do anything mean anyways? What will you do when you do acquire that something? Carnival, the point man of this story, had everything; money, fame, friends he could call brothers and sisters, noted he had had a rough childhood that not many have had but it changed real quick one night. A short story could be mentioned from his entire life that defined who he would be in the future. The GodFather of that time was young and ambitious, helped who ever he could.

Carnival before stumbling upon him, he had made a robbery heavy one at that, jewels from a jewel store were stolen and the whole place was ravaged. The reason behind the robbery? Carnival had neither of his parents living in the world, as young they had died in a crossfire between families, stray bullets were part of life and death our closest friend in the world, lived his life on the streets from that day onwards. Running crazed not thinking straight, makes his way to an alley way. Thugs waiting for Carnival to make an appearance, stops still. Someone had set him up and had no idea who it was, maybe a friend who knew him and told those thugs about it so he could take a cut of the robbed jewels? But no, Carnival had no time to think about that, he had just made a robbery and had to escape with it. Rushing head on at them and not going back on his foot steps, manages to take down one of the thugs, but the others beating him within an inch of his life barely even staying alive. At that very moment the GodFathers car had passed by the main street, hearing all the commotion outside, telling the driver to stop at once, quickly going outside and his made man protecting him. Saw the young Carnival beaten down and the thugs escaping with the goods, it wasn't just because of sympathy that the GodFather had taken him under his wings instead it was something much more deeper, the life of a scoundrel and at that young age would become a heavy experience that not many had and would have been an asset when the time came...   

-Ladies and gentleman, may I present you Carnival. Now the man has it all and is open to the public about *anything* you wish to ask him about mafia related questions. Don't be afraid and just shoot.

His last laugh was that of a coward, shivering like God had descended right before him.. But what would you expect from someone like him? He never knew what the life was. Maybe he took a punch or two when in school but that was about it.

-Thank you for having me here, now I would like to say a few words before we start. It is alright to ask any questions related to anything that has to do with my life, don't be afraid to ask.

-There you have it folks, straight arrow. Now on to my first question, want to give you heads up since we can't run this show forever there will be all in all 5 major questions for you to answer, however you see fit of course.

-I understand.

Carnival had a code of honor he had to uphold. He never would have betrayed the dream he had acquired of having a real family and everything it stands for, but something needed to calm the masses. This interview was one of the solutions. Asking yourself why calm the masses? It's simple, sometimes, when we do it big it hits the community as a whole. There is no going back from that. Our nature was to never go back on something we had decided...

-Okay, first question: Who are you?

-Straight forward, I like it. Whoever wrote the question really knew how to make one from the looks of it, the question holds a deep meaning to "who are you as a whole" not just a name. The name's Carnival. I live in Downtown Detroit, eat three meals a day like any human being would and nothing special. Each day I have a set of exercises that pans in the morning, keeps me in shape and from falling down when I run a hundred meters.

The show was crowded with people, and laughter broke out when Carnival made that little joke. It was a good thing to loosen them up a little.

-Okay, nice-nice. Second question, be ready for this one: What work do you do?

It would have been a long list if I had to tell him everything, most of it would have become unbelievable, but it wouldn't hurt to tell him a portion.

-Well it's simple, from time to time I, or we as a whole when I speak about my family, do bodyguard duty for VIP's and such. We absolutely have an honor to protect and never go out of our way to break that; there are dire consequences if done so. We have a steady income from a few businesses we own so that the money flows the legit way. We don't like to expose ourselves so we keep everything to our self. There are more I could tell you but the main business us lower ranks do is bodyguard. And that would make this a damn long show, anyways.

The crowd had loosened up, guess it didn't take much time for that to happen. They are ignorant of our life, never knew that their neighbor next door would be killed for something they did wrong against our family. Then again, killing was the only part where we had to consider as the last resort to everything.

-So that is the main thing, huh? We have had reports that you do shady business across the state with people known to have criminal records with the police. Any comments on that?

That was to be expected, leaks are everywhere nowadays. Most any war starts with one. Carnival smiles as he replies.

-Well if I had anything to hide I wouldn't have come to your show.

-Alright, that makes some sense at least. Third question: We have reports, no more like we had an informant telling us about a beat down a couple of days ago on Michigan Avenue. Was that in any way related to you and your family?

He had actually hit it dead on there. That beat down was because of a failure one of our family members had. He was young and stupid but he showed promise. I guess we gave him the chance to prove himself too soon? Who knows, he got the spanking he deserved and now is obedient.

-Now I should say this, our world is the underworld, not many people know about us. You can't go around blaming stuff on whoever you cho-

-I'm sorry Carnival, but we had an informant from someone within your ranks!

Now that was unexpected. Our code was to always keep our mouth shut, no matter the cost.

-Your informant must be wrong. That beat down might have had some kind of connection with us, but I can assure you it has nothing to do to involve us directly.

He was a professional no matter the goofiness he showed to Carnival before. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds as if glaring, tension rising from that kind of situation...

-Okay, we'll leave it at that, times running short, anyway. The fourth: Your relationship with your actual family.

Carnival stumbles slightly in confusion. Last time things didn't go the way he wanted with his wife, mafia related stuff were strictly mafia life first your own second. Carnivals wife was outside that world but she knew what he was doing all along.

-I have to say, that was unexpected. Despite our different way of thinking about my life in general, my wife loves me so much that she could go against everything I stand for just to protect me. Of course I love her as well, never grew tired of it. Respect your wife, you'll only have one, true one. Your children are as important as your wife, never betray their trust. They are with you through thick and thin. That's what I was taught, and came to believe when I saw it with my own eyes. What I'm trying to say is that within our code that binds us and protects us at the same time, family comes at the top of the list.

-Now that is unique. I wish there were more people like you who would have the same view of things, as you do.

Many didn't care in that crowd, but they applauded, anyway. Their first and foremost concern was if they were in danger, the rest could go to hell.

-Last question: Who is your leader, Boss, Chairman, however you call him?

At that very moment something had ticked inside Carnival, the spouting nonsense of that man, for the way of speaking about a second father to Carnival, was like a salt in a wound. Carnival clenched his fists against each other keeping the anger inside.

-He is my second father. I would have called him a real one if I wasn't the product of someone else's semen. He is the leader of all of us, I am not the only one who thinks he is my second father. All of my family members think that way. He thinks maybe too much about us that he gets sick more often now, respected by other families across the state and is very influential. Your show here is probably a percentage of his fortune invested in here, the half of Detroit is invested by an outside source. Who do you think that is? You and every ignorant out there who don't know anything about us think they can question us? Well I tried answering them as much as I can, whether you believe it or not is up to you.

-I-I see... well folks this is me standing with Carnival, a member of one of Detroit's Mafia families.

-It was my honor.

Carnival was burning hot, angry and still holding it inside. A bottle of whiskey was in hand to calm the body a little as he was making his way to his car, thinking about the stuff he said back there that wasn't even the tiniest portion of what was real, but they'd never understand...

Report Post Tip
What in the name of Bearderus is a mafia?
Report Post Tip

Puffing his marijuana cigarette as he passes Marcus Jones, Jank stops and turns. 

Believe he's claiming he's a part of some secret society or something. 

Jank shrugs then continues down the street. Kicking over a trash can to inspect the insides.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Interview With A Mafia.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL