Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 02:48:16
Page:  1 
Part of the Elite Started by: freeatlast on May 22, '15 02:12

When you part of the Cream, you can't give yourself a rest. As someone said in the streets before, when you want a pause, a rest, u just eat a snack. You wannabe a leader, proove it's worth. You might be given 2-3 weeks. Max. If u slack behind in recruitment or control, u know what awaits u. And pardon my orthograph once again :p

Just to add some words, noobs should be safe and free to choose their next mentors. Damn, maybe should have posted it out of characters into suggestion page of the paper, lol.

*Checking the flyer before print, freeatlasts bows his hat to real future leaders*

Report Post Tip

What in the fuck are you rambling about? Seriously, do you even know? Noobs, out of character, sticking your tongue out? You bring shame to your rank. A Consigliere, a trusted adviser to your crew, should know better than behave like this. For shame on you son.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
She purses her lips and shakes her head.

Wow, you'd think after all these years the dreaded OOCitis would have been eradicated from these streets or at least a bit more coaching and care given to those that inhabit it. Someone should make up a fresh batch of the vaccine. Oh wait...

She withdraws a wrapped, homemade cookie from her handbag and tucks it into freeatlast's hand.

Here son, this may help you with your malady. I haven't tested this recipe out on anyone so take it with a glass of milk and maybe have a bit of a nap with your favourite blankie.
Report Post Tip

Prae scratches the back of his head.

No offense intended, mate, but what in the blazes are you talking about?

Report Post Tip

I have to echo what the others say, I can't say I understand a lot of this speech/ramble.

Report Post Tip

*Freeatlast wakes up on his untouchet bed sheets in late afternoon hours, with a terrible hangover, still dressed and shoes on, realising he just had a difficult night. He had a flyer in his left hand and a homemade cookie in his right hand. He felt hungry so he walks to the kichen to check the fridge for some milk. There was non left. So he takes a glass of fresh water instead. The cookie was delicious. He then looks at the contents of the flyer and remembering some voices telling him to be ashamed and he was ill and needed some medecine felt the need to justify himself and clarify his thoughts.*

Ok, I'll try to be more structured in ideas:

What I wanted to say but didn't manage to, is that I felt that some CLs get lazy towards GFs days (some time before or after reaching it), get quite inactive like their whole crew and finish in cemented shoes, maybe for frustrating the rest of the community by this inactiveness. Those leaders often had a notorious past in their line, but maybe needed a longer break... ( https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/592973#95692921 )

On the other side, I was impressed by the ability of some other leaders to maintain a perfect awareness and presence for a whole year.  That is true Elite.

That's the two categories of leaders that constantly get their auths, and people tend to complain it's always the same faces that get their auth.

The third category is players who have all the potential to be good leaders, but never get their auth, or end up in cemented shoes for being too hasty and so excitated that they forget to follow some simple rules in place, or simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time...

We have about a constant number of ~770 players and 18+ districts available which averages to 42 people per district. Which means we have ample room for making another experiment a la LA and giving oportunity to completly new faces (which would be the differece with LA) to train their leading skills on even more reduced crews (11?) for the first time and prove their ability to someday be part of the elite.

noobs should be safe and free to choose their next mentors

By this I was simply reffering to not-made men being wiped out with their uppers, way too often, which I consider counterproductive...

Report Post Tip

First off, you do realize this is OOC?

And why would we need another LA? The current project isn't filled or finished, and even new faces have plenty of opportunity to go there? Even ''new faces'' can go there.

Report Post Tip

Yes Meadhros, I do, but I need to explain my thoughts somewhere, don't I? The RP part was for fun and not being boring, only.

Because LA has it's own standards and rules, and has became much more organised than it was at the inception of the project. Maybe because you don't want to mix "old experienced faces" with "completely new faces".

Report Post Tip

Fair enough, just thought it was a bit weird to do a RP here.

It has become rather organized, and it doesn't appear that any outsiders are looking to get into it. But - and I quote Godfather Curtis here - the point of the project was to be a: ''trigger happy fun-for-all'', and yes, it looks like that failed (although they are quite good at killing their own auths ;D). However, I guess that is the natural evolution of any such project and unless you step in every time (i.e Templar moving to Las Vegas) to ''destabilize'' it a bit, it will always try and grow into something more. Then we could question if there is anything to be gained from such a project, except entertainment and to make hiding easier for some people.

And I don't think we should give new faces a city of their own, and then possibly impose more restrictions (11 crew size?). Are they completely protected from others in that city? How much place will there be? And is it a true ''learning experience'' for these new faces, or just an easy way to say ''Hey I got auth once :))''. I'd say that old and new tend to mix in LA quite well, if the new person isn't a complete idiot and the old person isn't a twat who expects unreasonable things from the new guy.

Report Post Tip

It's all food for thought. Creating a successfull project always requires time, and rules should be set with the objective of the project in mind.

No one knows how things will evolve. The main problem I see is it may be too expensive to open a temporary HQ just to train people...

Report Post Tip

The LA project has been given some time now, and I think the objective is now quite clear, even if that objective isn't really pursued by the LA leaders. The rules actively encouraged or gave future reason to provoke conflict, in my opinion.

No one knows the future, but we can make a (good) guess and see what will come of things, and we now see a quite stable LA with seemingly no-one from the outside wanting to enter. And I don't think it's worth it to buy someone a HQ to ''train'' him, I guess the guy/girl would have to finance that himself.

Report Post Tip
I understood.
Report Post Tip

How did this guy even get to be a RH? 

Spartacus freeatlast

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Part of the Elite
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL