Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 07:30:06
Page:  1 
Oops I Did it Again! Started by: Britney-Spears on May 22, '15 03:05

It was a horrible day, one that most people in this business have to deal with at some point. Still though it isn't one that gets easier over time. Britney walked out of the funeral home saying her last goodbyes to her mother. Her mother was a brilliant woman well respected in the mafia world but organized crime can be a touch and go profession one moment your on top of the world the next your 6 feet under, or well how ever deep the lake is they drop you off in. 

Britney stepped out the funeral home front door, looking both ways down the sidewalk. She has spent her entire life in Philly and there were many times she had walked out of this same funeral home hand in hand with her mother. This time though walking out alone, she really had no idea what to do next. Figuring the best thing to do would be to head over to her mothers old apartment in Bella Vista and hopefully be able to figure it out. That is exactly what she did. Walking down the streets she noticed Murphy standing outside the apartment building. Britney walking up to her wiping a couple tears from her eyes. Murphy quickly came over to Brit giving her a big hug, telling her everything was going to be alright. She handed her an envelope, Brit looked up at her with a puzzled look.

"Whaaaat's this for?"

Murphy half smiled at her.

"Your mother told me to give this to you if anything were ever to happen to her. Unfortunately I have to be giving this to you, but she told me that it would help you find your place in this world."

Murphy paused for a moment, taking a deep breathe.

"If you need a place to stay for a little while just let me know, and again hun so sorry about the lose."

Britney looked up smiling and thanking her. She jumbled around in her pockets for the keys to the building, finding them in the last pocket she looked in. Letting herself in she walked up the 6 flights of stairs to the floor her mothers apartment was on. It was the last one at the end of the hallway, a walk that seemed like it took forever. Getting to the door she put her head on it letting a couple more tears drop from her cheek before opening the door. She opened the door walked directly to the kitchen table and sat down. The place was quiet, very eerily quiet. She sat there looking at the envelope Murphy gave her for a couple minutes before opening it up. 

She unfolded the letter reading it in her head;

My Dearest Britney,

If your reading this then I am no longer with you. There is a safe in the back of my closet behind the a couple of old boxes. The combination is 4 - 23 - 35. In there is plenty of cash for you to live off of for a while. There are plenty of people in Philly that I'm sure would be happy to help you out and you know who they are. I do know though you have always had this thing about Detroit. Why I still don't know, because he hardly traveled there. Anyways I'm just wasting ink now but I have a friend in Corktown if you must go please look him up. His name is Fear he is located in Corktown, he is really easy to find. Just tell him who you are and he more then likely will be able to point you in the right direction. Now nothing is a guarantee, from here on out you will have to work and work hard to get what you want. 

Sorry I couldn't be there to help you but always know I love you.

~Mom

Britney read the letter a couple times before getting up out of her seat walking into her mothers room to find the safe. Opening the closet door and turning on the lights she spotted the boxes her mother was talking about. Pushing them aside the safe appeared, she looked at the letter once more for the combination 4 to the right, 23 to the left and 35 back to the right. She turned the handle hearing the clicking sound of the lock unlocking. She pulled the door open to her surprise the safe was loaded with cash, a couple pieces of family jewelery and a plane ticket. She looked at the plane ticket, her name was on it. This made her do a double take, as she looked at it again. She looked further into it noticing it was a one way trip to Detroit. It was almost as if her mother was telling her where she needed to be.

She knew exactly what she needed to do, she found one of her mothers old bags stuffed it with as much cash as it could hold grabbed the ticket and the letter from her mother and headed for the front door. Looking back into the place she grew up most of her life she choked back a couple tears and headed out the door locking up on her way out. She ran down the hallway and down the stairs, bursting out the front door and hailing the first cab she saw. Hopping in the cab she told the driver to take her to the airport.

Fast Forward 5 hours

Britney landed in Detroit, she walked out of the airport grabbed the letter from her mother looking at it again. Corktown hmmm, she thought to herself. She hailed another cab asking the driver to take her to Corktown.

"Where in Corktown would you like to go?" The driver asked

Britney just sat there looking at him and shrugged her shoulders. The driver seemed a bit puzzled he gave her a stare "Well?"

Brit began to speak "I honestly don't know, I'm supposed to go see someone named Fear he is somewhere in Corktown."

The driver smiled at her, "Oh your going to see him... are you sure?"

Brit nodded her head a couple times, the driver shrugged his shoulder at her put the car in drive and took her directly to the front door of this massive building. She pulled out a couple of dollars handing it to the driver before stepping out. She looked up the building was odd, it wasn't your typical Head Quarter she had seen before. There was something different about it but she liked it. She walked up to the door knocking a couple times before a guy answered the door.

"We don't want to buy any girl scout cookies but thanks."

Britney started to laugh.

"I'm not here to sell cookies, hehe. I'm actually here to see Fear. My mother told me to look him up and that he would possibly be able to find a job for me."

The guy stood there and laughed

"I'm serious, my name is Britney-Spears my mother was Brielle please just tell him that."

The guy ushered her in telling her to have a seat on the bench just inside the HQ doors.

Report Post Tip

Fear was busy with his day given it was a rather busy day with the Mayor's ceremony and then him ending up taking Godfather after his people plotting to kidnap the Mayor to ensure that the town was now run by Fear and only Fear. As he made his way back to the Headquarters he had been informed that a girl was sitting outside waiting to visit him she was said to be the daughter of Brielle who was a good friend of Fear's and had asked him to take care of her Daughter when the time came.

He was in a rush as he had a few things to finish up but as he walked passed Britney sitting on the bench he looked her over and he could tell that she was the imagine that her Mother was and seemed to be one to give a chance to. He looked down to her and said "Britney I was informed? I promised your Mother I would look after you if the time ever came and it seems that time has come. I promise you nothing but the opportunity to prove to me why I should be the one to personally look after you. You have eleven days to prove to me why I should keep you with me. Think of it as a trial, so with that said I guess I should let you get to work."

With that he walked back to his offices to go about the rest of his day as it would be a very busy one but he would keep a close eye on this young woman and see if she was as good as her Mother said she would be.

Report Post Tip

Britney looked up as Fear stopped to look at her, her breathing slowed down and her heart began to beat super fast. She didn't realize it but she had arrived on probably one of the most busy days Corktown had seen in a while. Fear had just taken control of the district declaring himself Godfather to the people. She wasn't really sure what she was expecting for him to say but when he began to speak she sprung off the bench, her eyes opened wide. She still had to look up at him, he was a lot taller then she was but then again that isn't saying much when you barely top 5 feet.

She listened intently for the quick moment that Fear spoke to her, not saying a single word but just nodding at everything he was saying. When he stopped talking she smiled and was about to speak but before she could Fear had walked off back to his office. Brit was thinking about following him to his office to ask him a couple of questions but after thinking about it was a couple moments she decided it wasn't the best of idea's to bother the Godfather.

She began to replay in her head what he had just told her, "11 days, I have to prove myself within 11 days. How am I going to do that, I barely know where I am." She debated if this was really the life for her or not but then she remembered who her mother was, she knew she had to withhold the legacy of the family name.

Still not knowing what she needed to do she walked out of the HQ looking both ways down the street. She ran through her mind everything she had seen her mother do and/or have. Just then it sparked her, if she going to be a mobster she needed a gun and needed one soon.  Wondering if there was a shop somewhere in the business district she decided to go and find out. 

Strolling through the streets and into the business district Britney noticed there were a lot of people here but all of them were strangers, she didn't know a single soul out here. She thought to herself " I have a lot of proving to do, to become someone out here." Just then she looked up from where she was walking noticing a window display of guns. The name on the window said ( Paradise Gun Shop ), not knowing much about shooting or guns in general she decided to walk into the store to hopefully pick out the gun that fit her best.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Oops I Did it Again!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL