Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 23:34:16
Page:  1 
Memories Of "Back Home" Started by: Tony-Salerno on May 23, '15 13:45

As Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno was sitting on the porch of his estate on the outskirts of Detroit he lit one of his signature cigars he began to think of his father. Before Tony came to Detroit or even before he became a U.S. citizen he was born in Corleone, Sicily his mother died a year after Tony was born so his father Carmine Salerno had to raise his only son by himself. His father did the best he could to provide for himself and his young son, he had a small vineyard which took up most of his fathers and his own time but there is where Tony learned the things that made him the man he was today. As he continued to smoke his cigar and drink his homemade wine he remembered one day especially with his father, the day was extremely hot and working right under the sun didn't help keep the father and son cool. After the days work was done Tony's hands were all dirty and cut up but he did not complain helping out his father. As Tony and his father sat on the ground watching the sun set for the first time in his life he saw his father cry.

"What's wrong pop?" as soon as Tony's father realized his son was talking to him he quickly took a rag out of his pocket too wipe away his tears. "Son I'm not perfect and far from it, but I try to give you the opportunities me or your mother god rest her soul never had." Tony put his arm around his father not responding but he had the incredible skill to say something with his eyes without saying a word. "Anthony, with the grapes we sell this month I will have enough money to send you to America. There the streets are paved of gold and that a simple man from Sicily can be a KING!" Tony continued too look at his father but began to ask his father a question that was on his mind now, "Pop aren't you coming with me? If I leave you now who will help you work? No offense but you're not a young man anymore and if you keep working as hard as you are now and now if I leave you'll be doing even more with no help. I won't leave you!" Tony's father hit his son on the back of his head and even being as old as he was his hands were like bricks and even just thinking about it years later he can still feel his fathers hand hitting his head, "Anthony this is not a debate, I don't want you too end up like me working everyday until you die in a field. In America you can go to school to be a lawyer, a doctor or can even be president. But promise me that whatever you choose to do you will provide for your family when you start one and don't be a slave too anyone." Tony agreed to his fathers requests and the two hugged and as a reward for his hard work that day his father gave Tony his first cigar and the pair smoked their cigars, drank wine and enjoyed the sun set.

As Tony was finishing his cigar on his porch he began to remember the worst day of his life, after he left his father too come to America and spending time in a local school in New York City he received a telegram from his fathers neighbor and friend Salvatore Rangano. It turned out that his worst dream came true, as his father was working hard as always in the sun his father had a heart attack and died. After emptying out his life savings he bought a ticket on a ship to go back home to bury his father, he met Salvatore at his estate which was to Tony as nice as the Vatican. Salvatore Rangano was the local Mafia Chieftain and was the Godfather of Tony since Tony's father was a close friend of Salvatore. After the funeral Tony stayed at Salvatore's estate and it was there he made a decision to not become a doctor or a lawyer as his father would've liked him to be, as his sat with Salvatore on the porch of his estate looking over a giant orchard of grapes ready to become wine one day it was there that he asked the Don to give him a chance to work for him. The Don granted him wish and gave him his first job, Tony kissed Salvatore on his hand and as he went to the Don's spare room and as he sat on his bed he decided that "this life" was going to be his career and he was going to be dedicated to his career and provide for his family when he starts one as he promised his father he would.

After Tony finished his glass of wine and stood up looking over his large estate, Tony realized that even though he never became a doctor, lawyer or President Of The United States but instead a rich and powerful Mafioso he would like to think his father would be proud of his achievements. As Tony went up to his bedroom he kissed his children goodnight in their room and then he saw his wife who he thought was as beautiful as the first time he saw her, as he sat at the foot of his bed he had a smile on his face. His wife asked him what he was thinking about, Tony who was still a man of a few words simply just let out a peaceful sigh and said, "I'm just thinking about my father."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Memories Of "Back Home"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL