Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 04:24:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Is this what this game is really all about? Started by: Nolan on Jun 06, '15 11:17

I don't think he's ever trained a gun before. I also think I got to him and have deemed my time spent here a success. Enjoy yaself Nolan.

Report Post Tip

Fair question. I don't really have an answer because you are being nice and you have good logic. I just happen to disagree. I would always put the player first before a statistic that can be worked on in other ways.

Report Post Tip

Had a blast reading this discussion! Lots of fun!
Generally Nolan, my advice is, don't complain about your past character's death. :)

Report Post Tip

Nah, don't flatter yourself, Jankyy. If you think you are the first "keyboard warrior" I've encountered, you're mistaken. Besides, being an asshat only makes YOU look like a fool, not me.

I may be looking like a fool for other newbish reasons, but at least not for being a dick.

Fips, perhaps one should be able to complain and maybe that should draw a reaction of trying to coach the silly newbie who thinks an account in this game is worth anything, perhaps you are all used to dying every two days for some reason, but maybe not everybody has. So instead of drawing out the bullies of this game, I figured I could be drawing other kinds of responses. But of course, you can only draw what there is actually to find. If this is a game full of bullies that like to try to insult and get into people's heads IN THE OUT OF CHARACTER forum, maybe this is not the place for me.

Just ask yourself how many people you may be rushing when you try to make somebody feel stupid. again, out of character. I can accept anybody being the biggest cunt in the land as a character. But out of character, some people are telling that they are genuine jackasses.

Report Post Tip

This game isn't "about" anything (sometimes I wonder if it's even about the mafia). You make your own way. There's no self-regulating ominous morality that governs us all. You live, you die, rinse repeat.

Report Post Tip

Nolan, while the game offers tremendous potential in regards to roleplay and how much fun you could have with it the game is highly driven by player politics and sadly the player base here is not very interested in other people's fun.

You could be the most efficient gun builder, biggest earner and most loyal family member but it wouldn't matter to 99% of the player base if they can use you for their own gain. Such as a +1 to their gun.

I have very rarely seen the rp aspect of the game seen put in front of other aspects by the many crewleaders that have popped up since 2011 when i started the game. There is a general lack of motivation in the players to make the game fun for everyone which in my opinion is the responsibility of the people in leader positions when game politics are so highly driven by the userbase.

If you can look past the flaws of the people playing the game you will stick around in hopes things will be better. That's what it comes down to from my experience.

Report Post Tip

Nolan, I said my advice is not to complain. Not that you aren't allowed to.
You don't usually die every two days. I guess the average life of an active character on here is around 50-100 days. Just a guess though. Anyway, if you like the game, and want to play it, you should probably get used to the thought of dieing. Because you will die. Every character dies eventually, and there really isn't any use complaining about it. That's why I adviced you not to. I'm not trying to make you feel stupid, I'm giving you a genuine piece of advice here.
What did you expect to get out of this? No more shootings of unsponsored gangsters? An apology from whoever did it?
No, the shot was legitimate. It would have been even if you were sponsored. People can kill whoever they want.

If the game isn't something for you, I'm really sorry. I really, really am. I'd love to see you join the community.
Maybe you should give it a real try though. More than two days. One of the things that make this game interesting, is the fact that you loose everything when you die.

And finally, please do not call Janky out as a keyboard warrior. You participated enough yourself:

Jankyy, why do you have to be such a sarcastic cunt in the 

Report Post Tip

I may be a dick, but I'm just trying to point out that you joined a GANGSTER game. (I italicized it this time to for that extra oomph)

In the rp aspect you "chose the life of a mafioso". You joined DT, DT got wiped. Poor timing my friend and I'm sorry your first run went that way. But as Fips is trying to say in a nicer way than I've been trying to, you're complaining about a part of the game that makes this game fucking awesome. I think part of the fun is coming back with a new char maybe join LA this time, maybe I'll join Toast and go idle while he gives me a hand position, maybe I'll duel 10 times in a row and piss of jynx. (Still love you jynx)

Report Post Tip

I'm high and totally spaced and hit submit. Lemme finish that thought.

I think part of the fun is coming back with a new char with no ties to shit. The game itself is that fucking good for something based off of clicking boxes and typing out shit. Maybe I'll join LA this time, maybe I'll join Toast and go idle while he gives me a hand position, maybe I'll duel 10 times in a row and piss of jynx. (Still love you jynx)

It's the cycle of MR life.

Report Post Tip

You just proved my point. People will be much more receptive to advice and shit if you are nice to them while out of character. That's the main point I've been trying to make since my second post here. Practically everybody has given me their opinion and only one person has agreed with my point of view that a player should not be killed so carelessly. However, out of the rest, half were nice and half were rude and sarcastic. 

I think the lines between characters and real life is a little blurred here. I find it highly ironic that you were nice to me in the streets, in character, but you were a dick most of the time over here. I wish you had just replied with this last comment at the beginning. there would have been much less bickering in this thread.

Report Post Tip

I'm an NTP... We're trolls. If I'm allowed to take my character off I'm probably going to troll you. This is OOC. Where you're just dealing with Reckless. On the streets I'm JankyMcDanky LEFT HAND OF BLACKBEARD (OOOOOOOO POWERRRR TRIP)

I haven't been bickering at all. Quite enjoyed myself on the contrary. You may be right about that whole catching more flies with honey thing, but you have no idea how much bitching about dying I've read. As I've just realized you're actually a new player! AYYYYYY!!!

Report Post Tip

Still not apologizing, and that shits still annoying.

Report Post Tip
Perhaps they thought they could do both. Perhaps they thought they could shoot you now, then recruit your new character once you made one. Best of both worlds. Plus, since you were a 3 day old Goomba, they didn't even lose much in the way of earning power when you reset to thug. Just a thought.
Report Post Tip
The biggest concern for me to justify many deaths was the rise of afghan mango. Rogues are dangerous even if of great honour and loyalty. I do believe thevfact many rallied to help made every dt member a potential pro'er and is a tragedy but leaders try and protect their own while feeding hitters and sending a message.
Report Post Tip

"For some reason I thought I was playing a role playing gangster game... Hm I never thought of it like that before though." -Janky.

Now I'm going to chime in a bit here. I'm not agreeing with Nolan, nor am I agreeing with you and most of the others. A kill is a kill, regardless. Sorry that you died Nolan, but sometimes that shit happens. I died in a recent war too, and I came back within a minute of it. Wars happen, people die. It sucks, I know.

However...

By using the sarcastic phrasing regarding Roleplaying that Janky did to justify the reasons behind killing someone... now that's when I have to say something.

If this was a TRUE Gangster Roleplaying game, and Janky's logic regarding that topic stands, then we wouldn't have Bloodliners, we Wouldn't have Year long grudge matches, and we wouldn't have issues like this. Mainly because that's all Meta. Having the knowledge of your previous character, etc...etc. I'm sure I don't have to preach the concepts of Roleplay to you.

Like I said, I'm not siding with anyone here, just pointing out that using "Roleplaying a Gangster in a Text-based game" is not really a valid point. Mainly because this 'Game' is more or less a Player v. Player game of people cycling through characters until they die, with small elements of community and even smaller portions of roleplaying. 

Anyways... Carry on.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Is this what this game is really all about?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL