Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:02:20
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
To the Former Detroit Residents Started by: Voodoo on Jun 08, '15 01:01

I'd like to lead off by saying that this is not a stab at Philly in any way, just my apology to Detroit. There is no one to blame for Friday's events but me. They did what they felt they needed to do just the same as I did.

To all of you who were playing as part of Detroit, I am truly sorry that I failed you. You lost your characters because of my blind loyalty to Philly and some simple miscalculations on my part. The decision to eliminate Detroit was based on emotion rather than practicality. I try to remove emotion from my decisions but my mistake was thinking others would do the same. Philly felt they needed to avenge Curtis and in doing so they removed an absolute ally. Detroit would have fought alongside them against anyone. I wanted to rebuild trust with them as well so we wouldn't make another move without their approval, hence the rest of you still being alive. And finally they knew, or at least they should have known, that we would never attack them. I loved Philly. I spent four months there and maintained our relationship with them when we moved to Detroit.

Detroit falling boils down to my misjudgment that Detroit as an ally was worth more to Philly than their desire for vengeance. I'm not saying that Philly can't take care of themselves, just that they have weakened their position and put their people at unnecessary risk to anyone who seeks more power. This is partly why I cannot go to play with friends in Philly again. The leadership made an emotional decision at the risk of their people. I did this too and I'm learning from my mistake. I think it would also be a slap in the face to all of you who lost your characters if I joined the culprits again. Out of character though I hope to remain friends with everyone. This is after all just a game. Curtis and DeadlySin, you have every right to hate me. It was certainly never anything personal though.

So again, I am very sorry I put anything above you all who worked so hard for me. I am ashamed of only that. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

I am proud to have been a part of Detroit and I would fight beside you any day. I would do it all again if I had the choice. I lost my character three times in the past two weeks but I wouldn't change any of it. Thank you for always being there for us. I don't blame you in the slightest. Thank you for doing your best and I hope you continue to be awesome!

Report Post Tip

It takes a lot to make a thread like this. I hope people read this and see this is how you approach stuff after a war  instead of whining and crying. Its thought, truthful and slams no one. Also shows a great leader valued his ppl past and present and see what he felt was right and wrong but not a shot on anyone that "killed his city". Was done with total respect and shows there are still great people on these sjhore for future new people to look up to. This is a great example of a leader explaining things after whatever transpires. Voodoo you are a great man. For reasons like this and how you talked about your former city. This delighted me when I read it in many ways and its great to see this instead of the the usual shit that happens after a war. Total class and a good person my friend. Well done. I hope many read this and see this is a great way to say stuff afterwards and express your views.

Report Post Tip

Failed us? Nonsense. You did what I wold have expected any leader to do. What you call "blind loyalty" I would call what you thought was a strong alliance, a pretty easy mistake to make I suppose. If Philly wants to wipe their closest ally off the map is the name of revenge. That is their problem.

You did right by us in my opinion. Regardless if the decision you made was emotional or not. The decision was made and we were right there behind you.    

You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Report Post Tip

You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Kill_the_irshman summed that up perfectly

Report Post Tip

Aww, I said it too....

Report Post Tip

I agree wholeheartedly with everything said above. I was glad to die for the city we all created, and it wouldn't have been so great if it weren't for you, Voodoo. You were an awesome Godfather. You did what you thought was the correct thing to do. What you thought was right. They may have gotten rid of a whole city, but they didn't get rid of the friendships that were created there and the loyalty and honor and respect of the people there towards you.

You're a wonderful person, mistakes or not.

If you weren't, I wouldn't want to follow you around the game until you finally decided on a crew.. :P

Report Post Tip

As a former Capo of the Philly family, who also lost his life in the war, I have to say that I hold no personal ill will towards anyone from Detroit. I did not participate in the war, mainly due to work, but also because I never felt the need for vengeance. These power struggles just brings on more bloodshed, and those that die in the process are people that were used in the greater game of chess being played here. 
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and I feel that you played the game valiantly. No personal harm done to me! ^_^

Much respect,

Polo

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I personally fail to see how removing a major potential threat weakens philly but maybe I'm blind. It was a solid run by Detroit, more than most people thought it would be. We all make mistakes, some are just on a larger scale.
Report Post Tip

I think the point made is that they were of no threat to Philly, Shaggs. Philly obviously didn't have the strong connection on their end that made them feel safe in the relationship like Detroit did. I would hazard that is most likely down to the fact that they attacked Phillys biggest ally New York and so the trust was damaged.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't here for most of the shindigs, and frankly have no idea about anything. But I bumped into a few DT heads that we're pretty awesome. Good luck to you guys in the future. And Voodoo, there's a quote that goes "The only true mistakes are the ones we make that we don't learn from", or something like that. Good luck in your future MR endeavors!

Report Post Tip
No point dwelling on the past too long, you aren't the first or the last person to fall fowl to misplaced trust and loyalities.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Report Post Tip

What impressed me most is even as Detroit was being torn apart people rallied behind Afghan-Mango to fight for their city even if for an ounce of revenge and an attempt to not lie down and die.  Kudos.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Rallied behind him, for him to then shoot someone from L.A unless I'm mistaken, which I'm probably not. Great revenge m8.

Report Post Tip
Yes aniki I did do that. If LA and crew wouldn't have been shooting at my members BGs maybe they wouldn't of had any casualties. But alas. That didn't happen. One of the many Darths roaming these streets decided they wanted to shoot some BGs from a member that is very much still alive. I couldn't find him so I took the next best option. Oh the perils of wartime.
Report Post Tip

When takedowns take only a few moments, "wars" are fought in the weeks leading up to the takedowns through diplomacy and strategy. Seems fewer and fewer leaders really accept that as fact; it doesn't matter how fast you train or grow if you are ignorant of making alliances and knowing who are and aren't your friends. With the very long account lives, it adds to the pressure of each decision even to the point of posting an apology to a bunch of players because they died in a takedown (which happens to literally everyone at some point in their MR career). So don't beat yourself up over it, get back in the game, and learn from the mistake.

Report Post Tip

VOOOOOOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YOU WERE THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST!:D

Seriously, thank you for the fun place you made for us, i'm speaking for myself here and i don't really care what others think of my opinion on this, thanks again. :)

Report Post Tip

" so I took the next best option"- AfghanMango

Glad I was the next best ;)

Report Post Tip

From what i see, You did not fail us,

Your were an awesome Godfather- Chairman of Detroit and i had the best time with you and everyone else. 

You did an amazing job and I am very proud of you and our other CL's within the city.

We accomplish great things and had alot of fun doing it. :D

Report Post Tip

I too am very  proud to have been a part of Detroit and a devoted family member.  You were an awesome Godfather and family leader and I can't thank you enough for all you did for our family and especially  for me.  Thank you for always being there for us.  For always having the time to listen and advise and just plain showing that you cared.  You are one awesome dude!  You will always have my respect and gratitude! Rock on big guy!!!!!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: To the Former Detroit Residents
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL