Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 07:40:16
Page:  1 
Role-played intro Started by: Sidere on Jun 08, '15 18:47

Why do a LOT of crews put stuff about how they role-play and how they view it etc. instead of an actual role-played introduction to the crew?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Because few know and even fewer care.

Report Post Tip

Good question, Sidere. Bump

Report Post Tip

You know.. I first read this and thought it was nonsense. Surely there aren't LOTS of crews that do this?

Well, I just checked. Holy fuck am I astonished at this. 16 out of 23 crews have either something like na/coming soon/to be updated or an actual description of role play requirements.

I guess this is just something that people have misunderstood? The role play requirement question is answered with a drop down already, this part is meant to be a "Role Played Intro" i.e. introduce you/your family using a role play.

Now.. my role play on my crew page isn't exactly anything great, it's short and simple and tells you who I am and where I am and what I'm doing here.. but thats it.. It's an intro, not a life story. So I don't feel thats a bad thing.

Thank you Sidere for bringing this to light, I'm so surprised at this I think I'll send a wee mail around to my fellow CLs. Not to shame them for their actions, but to point out that perhaps the point of the section has perhaps been misused/misunderstood by many.

Now, with that said.. Playing devils advocat a little.. does it really actually matter to you? Like, really? Would you genuinely read the crew details page and think to yourself? hmm, that guys roleplay intro was shit, no chance I'm joining him!

I highly doubt it. In fact, I highly doubt anyone that isn't on their first ever character even really bothers to look at that page at all as 9 times out of 10 you already know who you are joining before you finish rolling for your stats or answering your questions.

So yeah, I do agree it's a tad shocking that the section isn't used correctly by the majority of leaders.. but I hardly find it to be something that is going to have any impact by improving it.

Report Post Tip

I've known for a long time that people use that section wrong majority of the time, I even used it wrong myself in the past.

Didn't want to start a new trend of actually filling it out right. lol

I don't see it being a huge problem but it is nice to see someone finally pointed it out to the general public.

Report Post Tip

I realize this is for the most part a role play game so this might not even be a real point to some.

But I always looked at that part of the crew page as an indicator of how much role play if any would be expected of me upon joining the crew. 

Report Post Tip

It isn't a that great a problem, most of the time the crew roleplay details are overlooked and not even read. I did not actually know it was being used wrongly prior to this, as a matter I thought putting how they role play was a much better read for those who are interested in  role play.

I love roleplaying, I had checked all the Roleplay intros before I did mines, and I was happy with what I came up with from the few I saw. With that said, I certainly would like to see more roleplay intros, in the future maybe we might even see more use for it than just being in the details. 

Report Post Tip

TO be honest, until this was brought to my attention, I thought it was an OOC space to state what your crew's style of RP would be about and whether or not it was required.  Since my pre-crew jobs are all very detailed as far as role play goes, I hadn't considered that this was also an area to add role play elements.  I have since rectified this and added several paragraphs to the role play intro, then in other details I explain briefly my feelings on RP. 

I'm actually glad this was brought to my attention as I hadn't considered that this was another place that the role play conventions could be followed.  But anything that helps lend an air of authenticity to different aspect of the game makes me happy.  

I hope others are enlightened by this as well!  Anything that encourages role play is a-ok in my book! 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Indeed there isn't any great problem, just wanted to point it out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Role-played intro
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL