Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 21:00:49
Page:  1 
What just happened - a South Philly perspective Started by: Just-looking on Jun 13, '15 21:09
Part of the story has been told by Warrior/ Tyrion. I think it's worth elaborating from South Philly's perspective. As mentioned - LV did not start this war, we planned it - hell, I'd even already written the thread. The wheels in fact got into motion a couple of weeks ago, with the deaths of Curts and Tetley. Philly looked at the map and reconsidered our allegiances with Detroit and NY, as well as where to stand on LV and LA. Initially it was proposed between the Philly and Detroit upper structures that a move on LV was necessary (people talked about Darth Vaders mid-war move from LA, the Godfather - CL disconnect, blah blah blah. Basically we knew that they were a big block and within 2 weeks to a month would have the guns to hit us.) However, as we all know we hit Detroit instead and the reasons behind that have been well versed. Personally I wanted to use their help against LV first. We may have had big guns for the big shots, but we didn't have enough to take the city. Now at this point the entire Detroit upper structure knew the plan, they just didn't know if we'd been playing them or if we were serious. Either way, I though this was a good enough reason to bring forward the takedown. We deferred. From what I know the sons and daughters of Detroit never leaked it anyway This week we finally agreed to act. BlackBetty spoke with Chris Vaughn and was assured of his support. She told me that he first needed to clear up an internal NY matter though and that we would need to push back a couple of days. Apparently he wanted to takedown Tyrion and his district and needed to use some of our guns. I declined. I now know that he would never have done this - either he was playing BlackBetty or she was playing me. Don't know. If we weren't acting instantly though I needed to push back to Saturday, I had 2 busy days at work as well as 2 social events in the evenings...talk about timing! Shortly after we start to see LV taking pros left right and centre, then NY, then Philly. I order my district to stand down, but not to take pros - no need to escalate things. A meeting was arranged between all CLs at short notice and we agreed to stand down and speak at a later date convenient to all. I pushed for a meeting on Saturday and pledged on my honour not to break the peace in advance. In truth my aim was simply to declare war in that meeting. I simply wasn't going to be available in advance. Next thing I know I leave an underground restaurant late and see that things have kicked off. My captains, TepidDelucci and Utopia- have adhered to their instructions not to get involved in my absence and it appears that both sides had initially safe listed my district. I immediately order all to join the rest of Philly and shoot at LV. As I go through my messages I see that NY has in fact turned on us. The numbers are against us and despite having perhaps the 6 biggest guns in the game we were outnumbered in a war all about pro wackers. Through a mutual friend I brokered peace with Chris Vaughn and believed we could finish LV first, then settle our own differences later. BlackBetty however continued to shoot at NY. I don't know what Sirius did, in truth the two of them reduced their communications with me at that point, they had been pissed to see my district stand as their families were shot to bits. As we all know many fell. After I'd shot the Reverend Al I stopped taking pro wacks - they had no Godfather killers and others needed them more. Slowly my entire district fell apart, my entire family, my auth (and real life brother) Utopia- and then TepidDelucci, feeling frozen out by the rest of Philly, switched sides and left the district. I now stood alone picking off random high rankers and potential pro wackers. At this point people began trying to get me to switch sides. I could hit BlackBetty and end the bloodshed. I pondered it, checked her pro etc. I then looked at who was left standing, my entire district had fallen, all of my friends on both sides were dead. I had nothing left to fight for. Nor however could I bring myself to turn my gun on Philly. With 24 hours passed since the war began pro wackers were returning in their droves, this would require commitment. The time had come to call it a day and let it pan out as it would. I turned my gun on myself. Time to catch up on work and spend the weekend with my family. To those I knew well - you know where to come if you ever need a pro wacker! Just don't expect me to build another cannon :D (partial kill list attached, missing my last few shots and early stuff - but covers most of the last few wars.) Love, Lynchy http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10xagl4&s=8#.VXyZ2UakqnN
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Ugh - sorry the formatting screwed up :(
Report Post Tip

This is a very interesting thread.

I just wish you had put forth the extra effort and made it a street thread. 

Report Post Tip

I agree with Credits; but I find this sort of commentary immensely helpful as a player rather than a character. I hope when this reaches a conclusion, we have similar commentaries brought to light to see exactly how this happened. That thread should be in the Streets, I'd say, and we can let those who died voice their perspective without trying to formulate it into some kind of "I read my father's mind while he was at war and this is what he was thinking".

Report Post Tip

All in all, it was a total  clusterfuck

Report Post Tip

All in all it was a mess, still interesting read though. Peace out bro x

Report Post Tip

We complain when they don't give us reasons, we complain when they come out and pour their hearts out but we don't like the format.

Whatever effort he put in this, he did it for US, not for himself. We could show a little more gratitude and save our criticism for the streets.

Report Post Tip

clarify US please?

Report Post Tip

Thank you Lynchy for coming out with your side.

While it's extremely disappointing to know that you would not shoot the cause of everything I still respect that you wanted to keep South Philly safe. Just wish things could have ended the war so much sooner.

I hope that your next character prospers or that you have a great vacation. :D

Report Post Tip

I would like someone to reply to me too Jaded. Empires have no meanining without competition. It could be 3+sided game...

Report Post Tip

I must admit a look from multiple angles is always interesting as see the action, counter action etc and the weakness and strengths of the sides, especially with crews switching mid war in some cases

Report Post Tip

I don't know what Sirius did, in truth the two of them reduced their communications with me at that point,

To be fairly honest, Sirius's orders to us were to shoot anyone tagged for LV and certain parts of NY. Tbh we were all fairly confused as that war was very disorganized and a cluster fuck. Those that had guns less than 100 were either proing him or blackbetty or else one of the bigger guns. (Myself being a pro wacker as i have not had any inclanation to build a cannon since i was last housed in bronx under firenza)

Report Post Tip

Sirious was loyal to His district and Philly as a whole, my father the late Don Kurgan had many conversations with Don Sirious as well as GodMother BlackBetty.

He was happy to call them both friends and was devastated that this war broke out but in saying that. Kurgan could understand the motivations behind the war Elements in Philly feared the growing power in Manhatten as well as Vegas. Nothing new there anyone building up a power base will come under that microscope and be seen as a threat.

While Manhatten under Tyrion was a new District it was building fast, There was 3 guns in Manhatten that where closeing in fast at being able to end a capped Godfather of cause this would cause concerns within Philly, After the deaths of Tetley and Curtis Philly may well have thought that it needed to consulidate its own power base to ensure its own survival.

Manhatten and Vegas where not part of that design :(

Yes the war was a total cluster fuck but in saying that it was an interesting war. Rip to the many fallen you can all hold your heads up high.

Report Post Tip

I am stunned

Report Post Tip

So much so that it took you six days to say it?

Report Post Tip

In my opinion, having a few retrospective in mind - having browsed the streets and the obits to learn history, what did hapen at the time, was just a proof that some underdogs could do some serious targeted damage; I am not saying they could be wining some serious wars, but still... rebuilding a world sometimes is a need. Of course some preconditions were necessary, like that time a few weeks ago when DT/PH/NY were sharing their sheet between themselves. Keep your ennemies at close gunpoint, your friends even closer, the proverb says. Outsiders should just stay still, and outside, till oportunity or warning given... The rest is about luck, readiness and worthiness...

Report Post Tip

I have never heard that proverb. I'll be sure to keep it in mind, whatever it means...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What just happened - a South Philly perspective
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL