Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 11:24:55
Page:  1 
Character Backgrounds - Reason's story. (Short story) Started by: Reason on Jun 16, '15 00:52

THE PAST

Reason was the son of Honesty and he was a great man. Technically, Reason should be named Reason II since his grandfather was also named this way, but Honesty found that it was too ugly a name and Reason was just fine. He wanted his father's legacy to live on through his son. He had some lost hope that he could have relived his father's life since it had great potential. That's the only thing that made Reason sad. It was the only flaw, in his eyes, of his father. He would always push him to do things that the first Reason would have done. It made Reason the Second feel like he was nothing in his father's eyes; a mere failure.

Now, this kind of contradicted what Reason the Second just thought, but his father was very admirable in his eyes. He was honorable, trustworthy, smart, and witty. In the hierarchy of their family, Honesty would be sitting on top because he achieved the highest position so far in their family's history. He had made contacts through his services and through the people he knew and acquainted himself with, became LHM. Of course, he wasn't in that spot for long since a war broke out not long after. Reason the Second wanted to be more like his father rather than his grand-father. His grand-father tried to live up to the dreams he had and the potential grandiose too, but he gave wrong information to the wrong person and he was arrested for life. That was his second punishment after death. He was judged accordingly to his crimes and was given a death penalty and two life sentences. Reason the Second never knew why his dad wanted his son to be like him. God, in his mind, he was a legend. He would praise him when he never did much of his life. He never got why until Honesty told him one day.

Reason the Second had a brother. Reason was the oldest and his younger brother, Trust, was the younger one. He was still too young to know much and to decide anything. Plus, Honesty saw him as a disgrace for being such a wimp. Well, in his eyes he was a wimp. Well, in his eyes he was a wimp. Trust was sixteen years old and boy, was he tough. He was 6"6, weighing 200 pounds of pure muscle. In the streets, he would beat up people money or just for the Heck of it. He had many friends, though. Although, Reason and Honesty saw right through them; they were scared of Trust. They were no real friends to him. He had no one but family. The reason that Honesty thought his youngest son was a wimp and a disgrace was because Trust never thought. He was too irrational. He was a cocky prick and a mean one, too when he didn't get his way with others. Other than his brother and Honesty, of course. The reason for this was that Honesty had this way of looking at someone as if he could peer through their eyes, right into the center of their soul. Not only that, one day Trust tried to defy him. Honesty was a very calm man and very rare did he lost his temper. In fact, to Reason's memory, it was the only time he lost his temper against anyone. It was an incident that Honest couldn't believe he did as it was so disgusting to his ears and thought he almost vomited all over the floor. 

See, Trust had this idea that strength and fear was the way to win over a population. Make them fear you and you will have them hanging by their balls in a matter of seconds. Honesty's vision was similar; he did believe fear was a way to control a population. The only difference was that Honesty was fair. He would make sure the other person would know what would be waiting for him if he ever went against him, double-crossed him, contemplated against him, etc... Honesty was a smart man so he would make sure he had leverage on the person he made business with. Now, Trust, Trust was a different story. He would terrorize people to have leverage. Honesty never wanted to impose terror on another. He was always kind and generous and fair when he was on good terms or on neutral grounds with someone. He would discipline his son, but with work, he couldn't take care of it. Also, nobody ever came to him because, for one, they were petrified of Trust and, for two, even more-so of Honesty. He never could get it, though. People always told him of their problems, but not when it came to his son. Honesty would do anything for his family. Anything. That's why they never came to him about their problems with Trust. That was one reason why Trust would be kind to his father, in his own way, keep in mind. There was another reason far more important than this one, but let's go to why Trust was good with me, first, instead. 

Trust and Reason were no only bound by blood, but best friends. Reason loved his younger brother. Trust would look at Reason as his model. Reason was everything he wished he was, but wasn't. Reason had a beautiful relationship, he was romantic, smart, funny, faithful, loyal, and more. He wasn't the toughest physically, but mentally, he was champ. Anyways, Trust always protected him in fights. Reason would always protect his brother, period. Reason was the person Trust could turn to when he wanted to talk or had problems or anything and Reason would always listen. When they were alone, they would go on the roof and look up at the stars and talk for hours.

"I always loved my brother. Always did. Until, until that event." Reason shuddered when he thought about it. "Pardon me, until isn't the right word. That day I was disgusted by him. Afterwards, things cleared out. I beat him, you know. I'm not that brawny, but I did. I would have had my ass kicked by him, only he was submissive. Second time I have ever seen him like that. Heck, I could probably kill him right now if I wanted too and he wouldn't dare try to hurt me. Why, you ask? It's simple, he loved me as a brother and a friend and he would never dare hurt me. Let me tell you what happened that unfaithful night, you prick."

Report Post Tip

"See, this is what happened. That night, Trust came home later than usual. My dad, Honesty, always had this thought, this belief that family should always eat together during supper time. Always. Always was what we did. Every day at seven o'clock, we would gather around the table: my dad, my mom, my brother, and I. We would gather around and eat together and talk together and laugh together. It was probably Trust and I's favorite time of the day, every day. Now, here's the thing though. That night, he hadn't returned. He loved to hang around with his so-called, "friends" and have a laugh or two while beating on some person or dog or cat or anything that might let a shriek of terror or pain, but he would always return. Always. Always was not that night though, as I just told you. He never came. On time I mean. He arrived home at two o'clock in the morning, drunk, sweaty and smelly. My dad was worried, you know. He was worried because it was the first time he didn't eat with us like I just told you. He was also mad. Mad because the family tradition didn't live on because his disgrace of a son fucked it up. After.... after was the scary part. "After" was when he went from mad to furious; outraged; explosive. See, my brother, Trust, he had been seeing a girl. I always told him that she was no good for him. She only went out with him because she was protected around him. My brother always protected the things he loved and the people he loved, too. She also went out with him because of his looks. Now, a week before this incident, things had been going south with Marissa. She was seeing another man, basically cheating on Trust. You know, she tried flirting with me because she felt like sleeping with Trust's brother would be "naughty." I'm not that kind of man though; far from it. I like a woman for what she sees in me. All I saw in her was a slut. Back on topic though. That night, he found out. He found out that his girl was cheating with his friend."

Knock, knock, knock. 

"Who's there?" Honesty asked. 

"Police. We believe we have your son. He told us who was his father and we didn't want to arrest him considering, you know, who you are."

"Jesus Christ!!!" Honesty opened the door. "Get in here!! You know what time it is, boy?! Do you?! What'd he do this time, officers?"

"Rape and murder. These are serious offenses, sir."

Reason looked at his father's face right then and there and it was a look he never wanted to witness again. It was as if all the years of staying calm, patient, kind, and generous had all left him then and there. Just before he exploded, he said calmly, one last time, to the officers:

"I want you two to close this door immediately, look the other way and wait until I open the door again. When he comes out it'll be the way you found him when you took him and you will state that you never came here and that you went to the department right away."

Before the officers had the chance to reply, he closed the door gently and let out the fumes that built up to there maximum inside his body, loose. He stood in front of his son, smaller and less muscular than Trust was and peered into his eyes as if he was sucking his soul. He punched Trust in the gut and he spit blood. Then, he pushed him against the living room chair which toppled over and Trust went down with a heavy bang. Reason was in the back of the room watching this unfold. He saw Trust's fists ball up and saw him stand up while his father drank some whiskey in a glass he poured himself on the table next to the door and took his sweater off. He looked at his son and said: "Get up, you pathetic piece of shit!" Trust ran at him full speed and Honesty side-stepped, and slammed his elbow in Trust's throat. Trust went down on the ground again, gagging and choking as if being strangled by 60 hands. He spit more blood and got up, still choking. He put his weight on the table that Honesty took his glass from and Honesty kicked the table leg. Trust went down again, heavily smacking his head against the wall. Reason continued watching this with his mom who had just gotten out of bead hearing this conundrum. His mother was screaming at her husband to stop without daring to approach him and Reason watched as his father got on his knees, on top of Trust. Reason never saw his father fight like this, but he knew it wasn't his first time. Honesty started wailing on his son's face, stomach and arms. He got up after, drank from his glass and Trust got up too, looking as if he just died and came back. His face was all bruised and swelled up and Trust was bleeding from his broken nose, ears, bruised lip and he coughed up more blood. Reason thought he would have given up, but he didn't. He tried one last time. What a mistake it was. He tried to punch his father, dizzily and Honesty easily dogged, grabbed his son's arm and broke it by lifting the elbow up until the bone snapped and came out of his arm. Honesty opened the door and pitched his son on the steps. "He attacked you and you had no choice but to use self defense methods. In court, I'll vouch for you and bring in a doctor to examine him and to agree that everything done to him this night was not out of proportion. Better get this low-life shit to the hospital. You know, Trust, it wasn't the murder that pissed me off. It was the rape. What a disgusting thing you did asshole." With that, Honesty walked by his son and wife, not even looking them in the eyes and went into the kitchen, pouring himself more alcohol. 

Report Post Tip

"See?Reason asked, pacing not too far from the man balled up in the corner of his house. "My brother did something totally unimaginable and repulsing that my dad beat him up for it. He was always against sexual domination over another. He thought so poorly of the people who've done it. In fact, when he knew about it, he would usually slice the man's cock and balls. My father wasn't too violent, but rape... rape ticked him off for some reason."

"Why are you telling me this? Leave me alone!" The man was still balled up in a pool of his own blood. A small one though. Reason wanted him alive for now. So instead of finishing off the man, he kicked him in the gut and the man spat blood to add to the already thick substance on the floor. It was a disgusting site, but it was only them two, so Reason didn't care. 

<font color="#66CCFF">"Don't you dare talk when I didn't allow you too! Now, where was I? Ah, yes, I remember now... My dad was in the kitchen and he was drinking. Let me tell you something. My dad hated drinking. Hated it with a passion. It made him feel like he couldn't think straight and my dad loved being control. The only reason he had alcohol in the house was because he used it for cooking and visit. It was an accommodation to offer a glass in our home. Now, he was drinking from the bottle; no glass. I was too scared to approach him. He threw the bottle against the wall and it shattered into a million little pieces, falling to the floor. My mom was behind me and she put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her and she nodded to me. I knew instinctively what she meant by it and I took a chair by my father. It was when I seated next to him that I heard him crying. He was trying to hold it in, but he just couldn't. I wrapped my arms around him and then he started sobbing. It was the first time I ever saw him in a state like this. For a mere moment, I felt like I was the adult and he the child." </font>

"Where did I go wrong with the child? God, save him; hes the only one that could now. I tried my best to raise him and looked how he turned out. You are far different from him, though. Thank God. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with him or if he's actually my son."

Honesty sniffled some tears and snot and he turned away from his son and took a tissue which he blew into. 

"Dad, it's not your fault. It's just the way he is..."

"Don't tell me that's the way he is, dammit!!" Honesty banged his fist onto the table and some wood chipped off. "For fuck sake's, he's a horrible little mongrel. I failed him and in return he failed me. I don't want him back here, not ever. He's a disgrace to our family and as far as I know, you're my only son."

Reason was taken by surprise at what his father just said. He thought family was the most important thing in the world. It was the one place you can ever turn to when you're lost and broken. Even if this was an idle statement, it was the first time Honesty said something of the sort.

"You don't mean that dad and you know it. Don't you ever try to separate family! That's not how you raised us!"

"Don't you raise your voice at me, Rea-"

"No! Now listen to me! Tomorrow, we are going down to the police station and see if we can do anything about this situation. He's your son and nothing can change that fact. He is your son and you know it! Tell me, when was the last time you actually took interest in his life? Don't you think attention is what he's after?"

"Attention? Fucking attention?! Jesus Christ, Reason, listen to yourself! It's not attention he's seeking if he raped and murdered someone! That fucker defiled someone and now it's on my hands. Do you understand that?! Do you?!"

Reason looked calmly at his dad and cleared his thoughts, as if starting anew, as his dad taught him. In the most calm voice he could manage in that instance, he said:

"Dad, he is your son. Your blood and soul. Promise me that we are going to help him through this. Promise me that WE are going there to help him... Setting aside your family is anybody but you and you know that."

"You're right, son. You know, I've never seen you as much as a man as you are right now.  My father would be proud of you, Reason."

The two embraced in each others arms and Honesty's wife stepped in, almost done cleaning the glass. 

"We'll go in two days and I'll do my best. Not only to clear the charge, but to change him as well."

Report Post Tip

Two days have passed by and Honesty did just what he promised to do: pick up his son and change him. Honesty put his best suit even though he didn't like dressing all fancy and Reason put on his best suit and contrary to his dad, he loved dressing nice and wearing fancy items. Honesty was dressed in his only suit that he had: a white tuxedo with white pants and a red tie, tucked in his tux so that only the upper part was exposed along with a fedora on his head. Reason dressed up similarly, but in different colors. Reason wore a black tuxedo and black pants with a purple tie and purple long-sleeved shirt underneath his tuxedo. The contrast made him look quite nice. He also wore sunglasses and no fedora. No hat and a gold plated watch. He looked very handsome in it whereas Honesty looked more like a gentleman. They both wore shoes: Reason, a pair of black and Honesty, a pair of white. They both stepped outside exposing themselves to the blazing sun and steeped into the black car with tainted windows for the least chance of being recognized. The licence plate was a fake on too that Honesty changed each week. He was a really careful guy. Some would say he's paranoid, but he had gotten to that point by being careful. Reason, on the other hand, was a patient fellow. Honesty drove off to the police station taking his time considering that there was no rush. He parked behind the station and got out. He tilted his fedora downwards to cover his face and walked in the station followed by Reason. 

"I'm here to see the police commissioner. Do you know where you can point me towards him?"

"The commissioner is busy right now. Come back in a couple of hours and maybe he'll see you."

"Tell him it's urgent and that he shouldn't keep a friend waiting and if he does, he'll just be a... ​liability to me. 

The officer at the desk looked at him strangely, staring at his fedora. He called the commissioner by pressing a button under the desk the officer was stationed at. <font color="#FF4533">Commissioner Lewitz stepped out of a door, looking annoyed because someone asked for his presence. </font>

<font color="#FF4533">"For fuck's sake, I told you I didn't want to be disturbed. Why can't any of you learn?! I mean seriously, there- Oh.... I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there. Come in here with me, will you? I'm guessing I know why you came here. Come on, follow me, it's more private."</font>

The three of them stepped into a room which seemed to be Lewitz's office. Lewitz was a hefty man. He looked to be over 200 pounds and he was bulging out of his shirt. He was that cop that made the joke about officers eating donuts all day come to life. The only reason he ever was a cop in the first place was because his superior was a friend of his brother's. It was also the reason that he got promoted to police commissioner. He was a nice fellow, but had a very short temper. He would get upset if someone disrespected him and would bend the law not to get even- but to gain the advantage on the poor sap who dared test him. He would barely sleep and he would stay inside a cool place because with the sweat he produces, it's a mystery why the Niagara falls are a wonder of the world and not his pouring body. It was disgusting, but at least he was enjoyable company which made being around him tolerable. Of course, some people only are around him to kiss ass and get promotions or just to stay on his good side in case something happened and they needed bail. He was married with a wife who loved to cook- which explains his gigantic belly- and three kids. One still a baby- 3 years old, a boy. One, a girl. 14 years old and packing a stomach- following dad's eating examples and a son- 15 years old and contrary to his family, was muscular. 200 pounds of pure muscle. He never cared for junk food and always trained his body. 

"So, I know you're here for Trust. What do you want me to do exactly, partially knowing the answer to that question?"

"I want him released from jail, all charges dropped, indicating that the man he killed shot the girl and raped her first, considering that they were fuck buddies. Then, he shot himself being afraid of getting arrested. Am I clear?"

"Very. Although, there is one problem. See, there was a witness who, as you can guess hence the name, saw everything. We can't really drop the charges knowing that he might sue us for breaking the law."

"Do as I ask. I'll make an offer he can't refuse."

Commissioner Lewitz pressed on a button on his desk and talked into it. He told an officer to release Trust and to give him his things and to head upstairs in his office. Fifteen minutes later, Trust stepped in with his jacket and the rest of his things and to his surprise, saw his dad and his brother waiting for him. He was badly bruised and missing a tooth. He also had a cut lip and a swollen cheek. The commissioner told him that his arm and a couple ribs were broken. 

"In the medical examination report, I want it stated that he was in full health when found and same when he was bailed out. He was arrested because you thought that he committed a crime which he didn't and that your department is entirely at fault into his arrest."

"Sure thing, Mr.Honesty."

Honesty got up and shook Lewitz's hand. Reason copied his father. 

"I'll be sure to drop by your house later so we can share a glass or two."

"I'll be honored."

"You and I need a talk. A serious one and a long one."

The three of them stepped outside leaving Lewitz in his cubicle scarfing down a couple donuts and gulping his coffee. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Character Backgrounds - Reason's story. (Short story)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL