Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:52
Page:  1 
The Ligambi's of LA Started by: Joe_Ligambi on Jun 17, '15 02:25

Uncle Joe Ligambi was making his way around the streets having handled some personal business. He had been given permission to set up shop with his family and crew in Inglewood. Fellow men of honor were smiling and nodding their heads at Uncle Joe while he made his way down the street as a show of approval.

This made Uncle Joe reflect on his life along his walk. Joe’s family had a strong presence in this thing of ours. There were the four brothers, Uncle Joe, Big Al, Quiet Joe and Luigi god rest his soul along with their cousins Peter "One Eye" and Nicky "Two Guns" Ligambi. Uncle Joe’s only remaining biological brother Al had fathered two sons, Gino "Little Gene" Ligambi and the younger of the two little Leoluca. The dearly departed Luigi had fathered Stan "The Suit" Ligambi which was the nephew that gave Joe his famous nickname.

To say that Uncle Joe became the patriarch of the family at a young age was to say the least. Growing up with Uncle Joe the entire family joined in on the life. Joe never made an effort to stop his brothers and cousins because at the end of the day he knew family was everything. Joe never even batted an eye when his brother's boys started putting in work on the streets. To Joe the family connection meant everything.

The majority of Uncle Joe’s crew had grown up together with the Ligambi’s on the streets. It was with all this bonding that Joe had assembled a ragtag team of top men.. Men to aid him in his various business activities.

From Joe’s start on the streets long ago to present day he had always looked to provide legitimate and traditional services to his fellow goodfellas in the neighborhood. Whether it be loan sharking, the numbers or bookmaking, Uncle Joe knew to cover it. Joe saw the potential in everything to make a dime and he liked to have his hands in many cookie jars. Uncle Joe owned a massive sanitation and waste removal company in Los Angeles as well as a construction company that handled almost exclusively all of the work in the city due to his connections.

Uncle Joe continued down the streets thinking to himself...

Thinking about the men he had to thank for this opportunity, great men like Versace and PodrickPayne. Joe owed a lot to these men for allowing him and his crew to operate in Los Angeles and Uncle Joe knew how to show his loyalty.

As Uncle Joe approached his new headquarters he was relieved to see his friends and family instead of a hit team, because in this thing of ours, you never knew what to expect…

Uncle Joe made his way into his new base of operations and found his way to the biggest and nicest office in the place before any of his family could call dibs; it would be just like them to do so. Especially little adopted Quiet Joe, he had always had his way growing up as mama's favorite.

Settling into his new office with his brothers, cousins, nephews and crew in attendance Uncle Joe wanted to let them all know there and then what he expected. Uncle Joe stood and spoke.

Family is everything to me guys. You can tell that much from how I operate. I’ve grown up with the majority of you and I know you're all intelligent and hard working individuals. I also know that you know not to fuck up…

There's been a peace called with the other families and organizations among the various territories.”

I want it to be known here in this office today that if any of you betray this peace, it will be paid in blood. This applies to my personal family as well.”

Uncle Joe paused for a moment to let this bold statement weigh in on those in attendance before speaking again.

This is a time to focus on business and growth, not war and old vendettas.

Uncle Joe sat in his chair and asked for a moment alone with his two brothers.

Sitting there with Big Al and Quiet Joe, Uncle Joe wanted to to let them know that they were to be his go to guys while this thing got off the groundJoe went on to explain that the positions were not permanent as he liked to switch things up and give people a chance to learn and manage. Uncle Joe would have an acting council and a sitting council. He liked to keep people on the streets guessing.

With the little meeting at an end, Joe asked his brothers to excuse themselves for a moment.

Finally alone in his new office in his new HQ, behind his nice big desk Uncle Joe grabbed a box of his things to start unpacking.

The first thing Joe pulled out was a picture of his father. He thought to himself, this one's for you pops...

Report Post Tip

As Joe finishes explaining to Joseph and Al their responsibilities as his go to guy, both are filled with sudden joy. Smiles emerge on the pairs faces as Joe pours them glasses of Havana Rum, they toast to their future success but also to this memorable moment that the trio would never forget...

Before the three drink Al clears his throat to say a few words...

" Congratz bro on your new found success, if it weren't for you most of us wouldn't be here today. You're a hell of a leader, a great brother, and a stand up guy. To you, to Ligambi, and to the future.."

As they raise their glasses, they shout the words "Salute" to the clinging of glass on glass.

Report Post Tip

Being the youngest of Joes nephews, Jimmy was a little shy and still very much wet behind the ears.

"Hey Uncle Joe, well done on the nod to set up your own Familia, you've earned it. If I work hard I hope one day to me a Made guy in The Ligambi Crime Family"

Jimmy raises up a glass and calls a toast to his Uncle.

Report Post Tip

Quietly emerging from the shadows on what seems a long time in the making, Lucky fills his glass with the finest liquor from his collection.

Lucky removes his hat and places it across the table. Lifting his glass towards the sky.

"Per la famiglia - You've have earned this my friend. Enjoy the nectar of your fruit. Salute"

Lucky grabs a fresh glass and places it besides Joe. Topping up the glass in celebration Lucky smiles, places the bottle down on the table and takes his hat in return. Lucky places his hat on his head and walks towards the shadows once again.

Report Post Tip

Quiet Joe could hardly contain himself. From his earliest memories as an infant back in Detroit, he had dreamed of this moment, that time when the Ligambi's had a place to call their own. After their toast he hugged his big brother Joe and told him how proud he was of him.

There's no one more deserving Joe.  Love ya man!

As Joseph and Al walked down the hall to give Joe some time alone Joe playfully kicked Al in the ass and took off running.

Last one out the door is a rotten egg!!  

Hey, you think Joe will give up that big office without a fight?  Or will I have to drag Momma into it?

Report Post Tip

Al races after Joseph to give him a swift kick back, but by the time he catches up the fury has passed. Slowing down regaining his breath, he ponders Joseph question for a couple seconds before firing back a response...

" You'll have to call momma little brother, and fast before Joe has a few of the girls up there to...party..." Al says with a chuckle to follow.

Report Post Tip

Victoria finally has the chance to arrive at the festivities. Everyone seems to be having a wonderful time on this special occasion.  She sees Uncle Joe surrounded by a number of people. She approaches him, gives him a big hug, locks her arm in his then turn to the other people.

You know I met this man quite some time ago in Detroit.  Call it woman’s intuition but I knew this was a good man right off the bat. We hit it off really well and have been the best of friends ever since.  I am so proud of him and can’t wait to start this new journey with him.  Congratulations Boss.

She hugs him one more time and joins in with all the celebrating.

Report Post Tip

“Mr. Ligambi, Mr. Ligambi” A young lad was shouting his lungs out and running toward me.

I placed my pencil back into my shirt pocket and let the clipboard fall into the side of my waist, then waited for the boy to arrive. As soon as he arrived he opened he opened his mouth and got ready to say something, but I stopped him:

“sssss. Slow down, catch your breath.” I said and watched as he took three deep breaths then started:

“Mr. Ligambi sent me, THE Mr. Ligambi.” The boy said still half out of breath.

“Uncle Joe? He did tell me he has big news coming up. So tell me, what is it and why all the rush?”

“Mr. Ligambi has asked all members of the Ligambi family to come to this address. He’s urged me to make sure everyone gets there immediately. It’s huge news apparently.” He blurted as he handed me a note.

I took the piece of paper he had extended toward me and said:

“Alright, I’ll head over there right now. Thanks for bringing the message.”

I nodded and the lad soon scampered off and I was once again alone in the warehouse. I put the clipboard on a shelf nearby, checked my pockets for the keys to my car, which were found without the need for further investigation. I made sure the warehouse was nice and locked up before getting inside my car and driving to the address I was given.

The destination turned out to be large building in the streets of Inglewood Los Angeles. I knew what the news was once I took closer look at the building. Uncle Joe had set up his own Headquarters, things were certainly looking up. I almost skipped through the entrance where I saw one of my cousins walking toward a large room, I decided to follow.

Inside the room Uncle Joe was sitting behind a desk with the rest of the family gathering around him so I joined in. Everyone was taking turns speaking and congratulating the man. After a bit of waiting my turn arrived and I approached him and extended my hand:

“Congratulations Uncle Joe, this is such a glorious day to see you don the cape of a Don. Don Ligambi! It has a nice ring to it.”

After shaking his hand and congratulating him I walked on by, letting other members of The Ligambi Crime Family to take their turns as well.

Once everyone was done, Don Ligambi stood up to speak:

“Family is everything to me guys…

Report Post Tip

On an afternoon stroll through Inglewood, Genco made a conscious  effort to head past the new offices of the Ligambi's. He was pleased that Uncle Joe was now running his own operation. He had the support of his family and the ambition in his heart to make it a success. Raising his hat, Genco looked up at the offices, squinting into the bright, overcast sky and smiling proudly.

"Salut, signore Ligambi"

Before going on his way.

Report Post Tip

Night decided to take a trip down to his father's old crew's HQ, he looked around seeing the blood and bullet holes and body's that have still yet to be removed. The stench was so bad it smelt like World War III had yet happened in the blink of an eye, a little puppy came limping and whimpering towards Night he paused frowning a little he picked up the puppy and proceeded back to his vehicle and began to drive off. He went down a couple of blocks until he seen a Pet Offices he went inside and asked if they could help his puppy they nodded and took the dog into care the receptionist said it'd be a day or two until release and to visit daily so the dog doesn't go crazy. Night left the Pet Office's and headed down the road he noticed a familiar smell like food from the old country he followed the rich garlic and fresh meat smell until he was in front of The Ligambi's HQ. Night let out a slight chuckle in surprise "What are the odds" he had said he seen Joe in the window as he waved his hand shouting slightly ​"Good luck on the rebuild of this beautiful city". Night staggered off smiling walking back towards his car and began heading home.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Ligambi's of LA
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL