Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 23:10:01
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Protection order update Started by: Obstacle on Jun 18, '15 21:17

Obstacle had been travelling around in all cities to visit the new leaders and the discussions with them all came to one point. The killings of the innocent people. She starts writing on a poster so she can put that in the streets and send it to all leaders to inform their members

There is still a Protection Order for all crewless accounts, tagged or untagged. This protection order ends at 21 June 23.59. There is enough blood spread and we want to give people the chance to join a crew. 

People see killings all day and wonder why we are not doing anything about this. We are, but sometimes that is not visable for the world. Leaders do give orders to shoot someone from the protection order list, and if they do, they have a valid reason. 

But shooting at new arrivals is out of the question. We should give new arrivals a chance to join a crew. And that means they cannot be shot before they are 7 days old. Active or inactive. No shooting at new arrivals. Unless of course if they mess up, but that is up to the leaders to decide.

Hopefully this clears the protection order more then it apparently did.

Obstacle

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the update Obstacle, Detroit has been informed. 

Report Post Tip

Let us assume that there is a/or a few bad apples among these new arrivals that haven't join a family and these individual spend those seven days of protection to train their abilities in the art of killing and eventually take random aim at sponsored members of our community, killing them.
Who will be the one compensating the Crew leader who've just lost a family member and perhaps a lot of money in that savings account?
Those who made it possible for this scenario to be doable?

Report Post Tip

So the powers that be issue a protection order, then skirt the protection order when it suits them best? That isn't assuring leadership.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

ty sir

Report Post Tip

so we no longer go by if they are tagged 4h or -1? we must check to make sure they are 7 days old? or did you just mean at 7 days old they turn fair game and we can still shoot those without -1 and 4h tags

Report Post Tip
Aye, it will be obeyed.
Report Post Tip
I personally think that more then enough informatiom has been given regarding the protection order.
So therefore, it should be easy enough to determine whether or not you can or cannot shoot your target.
Report Post Tip

i think the only clarification left is the question i asked. clarification is never a bad thing TBH

Report Post Tip

MetallicA from the sounds of it if the person is younger than 7 days old they are not to be shot. As soon as they hit 7 days old though they are fair game, assuming they are not a survivor of the war.

killing rules:

from now till June 23:59 rules:

Can't shoot sponsored (a given but who knows)

Can't shoot 4h or -1 tagged players (a given but who knows)

Can't shoot if they are younger than 7 days old.

Can't shoot any real player that lived through the war that just happened. (so any real player that was born on or before June 10th will be safe also)

June 22 00:00 till when ever changed:

Can't shoot sponsored (a given but who knows)

Can't shoot 4h or -1 tagged players (a given but who knows)

disclaimer:

every crew is different and will have different rules about whom you can and can not shoot, generally CL's ban the shooting of 4h and -1 tagged players and other sponsored players though i can't speak for them. Each CL can make his or her own rules and bear the responsibility for what happens like wise, so please consult your CL (check your HQ forums also! some CL will put it in there) for rules about the things i have mentioned as a given.

Report Post Tip

So the powers that be issue a protection order, then skirt the protection order when it suits them best? That isn't assuring leadership.

It isn't assuring leadership to clarify an order that has been already in place you say?

In fact if I see someone claiming to be infallible than that someone is not worthy of assuring leadership.  Perhaps in the midst and aftermath of a massive war for which some have never seen, this could be considered something that has been reviewed and updated. I don't see this as a laps in leadership at all.

Report Post Tip

I have to say I kind of do. There was a protection order granted yet somehow people have fallen through that. It seems as though the leaders did not care enough to enforce it. So now we see another one for the same group of people. You can't fault people for wondering if it is even worth it when the last one seemed (and I use the word seemed because it is an appearance and perhaps it is the wrong one) to go relatively without enforcement.

Report Post Tip
This isn't a lapse in leadership as much as it is a lapse in individual honor. As mafioso we are not meant to be the ted Bundy and Adolf hitter lf our time but we are supposed to act with the best integrity and initiative possible. If people want to be idiots and kill people that's on them. When we as leader send out mails to the upper structures trying to find a witness to come forward and everyone is to lazy, is that the leaders fault? Nope. The fault is in those that populate the crew. Those that have the chance to speak up and say something. Those that have taken shots at 'protected' members get were unaffected by the aftermath,
As one who sits above most I have seen many of my friends die to some idiot firing off their gun in order to create another war or build up their marksmanship for a future war. Is this wrong? Yes! Can we do anything about it if we can't find out who it is? No.

So what I'm saying is this. To make a change for the betterment it won't just take the leaders but it will take you and I and those gathered to make a difference. If you see something say something.
Report Post Tip

I'm glad you said seemed JadedButterfly. Because Obstacle clearly actually points to the fact that leaders have actually been doing something about those breaking the orders. There was also a mention of the fact that some of those killings have been done with the approval of leaders due to their own reasons. These reasons could be many, but to be frank, it doesn't matter what the reasons are as long as we are assured there are indeed good reasons for the people on said list to be killed.

Pennywise; Your comment is absolutely ludicrous. All the leaders agreed to the protection order, if your knickers get in a twist because someone that's under protection aims a shot at you or one of your family, then you will have no-one to blame. The leaders are doing what they feel is best to help protect the wider community already by issuing this order, obviously there might be a few bad eggs that use that to their advantage.. but I'd be fairly shocked if they do.

What advantage does a killer have sitting alone training their gun? Why wouldn't someone with the intent to train join a family? It doesn't hold them back from training, in fact they are more at risk of being shot without said family despite the protection order as we all know mistakes happen, so I really don't see why your comment about compensation had to be aired if something does arise. I'll be astonished if the scenario does happen.

I think Gollum probably just said it better than I could, though. For the community to rebuild after this war, it doesn't just take the leaders to do that, it takes everyone. So if you want this world to be better? Help it be better. Don't look for reasons to complain and instead look for ways to help.

Report Post Tip

I dont really have a whole lot to comment on, just that im happy to even hear that things are trying to be put in place to keep these people from the war safe. At the end of the day you cant stop the jackass at the other end of barrel from pulling the trigger. If they are willing to take the risk on loosing there life and they have there mind made up you cannot blame the leaders. Its all been laid out and everyone should know that these people are off limits till the date mentioned.

People might say they were not informed, but im not in the streets a whole lot but I always take a peak and maybe listen to a speech or two if its important, neglecting the place where a lot of answers can be found again is not the leaders fault. Take the innovative, look and or ask someone if something is not clear. 

Well thats my two cents for morning.

Report Post Tip

I think some of you are getting too caught up by playing the devil's advocate. We can sit here for hours and propose every "what if" scenario we can think of, but lets be serious, no system we put in place as a community will ever be perfect. I believe the ones in power are doing a good job by broadcasting and reinforcing the protection order. It's unproductive to stand here and speculate who's at fault because the protection order at times was disobeyed.

Remember, we live in a world of organized crime. Most of us have guns and a good number of people get shot every day - it's just the nature of the beast. If you truly want order and a civilized community, then remove yourself from this thing of ours and join the slaveforce like most Americans.

Report Post Tip

Gollum, what if the leaders don't bother to send out that Witness Statement? I didn't see one for AllTheGearAndNoIdea or for Bronn. So please tell me where were those requests? Where was Obstacle to uphold the fact that she placed a protection order in the first place?

Do I hope that this one has a better follow through? Of course I do. Do I recognize it takes everyone else to help build up after a war? Of course. The thing that I am being skeptical about is the follow through on protection orders.

If leaders are not going to follow through with them I do not see the point of coming out here to tell us that they are even making one in the first place.

Call me skeptical, I am.

Report Post Tip

There is nothing i can solve here. The hope is to let everyone know that our goal is to build not to break any more. It is to help people understand we do not desire any more people to die. Truthfully i dont want to see my friends die either. The two you mentioned plus three others were my friends as well. I know how hard they worked in this life. To see them killed is hard to be ok with, but it must be accepted on my part. 

Obstacle was probably taken care of her own business for her own family. She has to care for her own people. She is not the sole leader in this community, she should not be singled out by you or anyone else as the main protecter for this life. If she chose to place a protection order for individuals that are currently crewless, which is something that was agreed upon by all leaders and expected to be enacted than she is not the sole guardian of that order.  So you nor any one else can come here and disrespect her saying, Where was she when bronn died? Cause i can ask you the same question. Where were you when bronn died? This is after all an attempt at rebuilding a community of people that want to profit in business together by killing and conning others. We are not perfect people and we are going to have screw ups a long the way. 

When it all boils down to it one man or one woman can not be held responsible for the incompetence of others. This shouldnt even be an issue and i am completely confident you recognize the desire from Obstacle and the other crew leaders in the cities and their vision for a new future. We have a couple days left to help others see this carried out. If you see something in that time frame, say something. Because i am absolutely convicted that all of the leaders, who i personally worked tirelessly with during the war, desire to see this world become a better place. They crave it. In order to do that we need people like you JadedButterfly to help and not bring everyone down when something goes wrong. 

Report Post Tip

Trust me Gollum, I do say something if I see something. You asked where was I when Bronn died? I was saying something. Although not publicly I was still saying something to one of the upper structures or another.

Only reason Obstacle is pinpointed out is because she is the original speaker for this protection speech. While I understand that it is a group effort (or should be) on the leaders parts it ultimately will boil down to who spoke the speech at the time.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with people dealing with their own families, by all means. I just want to see leaders (all of them) follow through on what they agreed upon. All I want, some follow through.

Report Post Tip

JadedButterfly and i think you are right in asking for that. There is nothing wrong with caring for people to be protected. I think you are in the same boat as so many of us. I believe thats why Obstacle chose to create a speech and then re-create one stating that it was not over. It bothered me and many others i know seeing our friends die. Don Geovanni was one of the ones that i watched die that was hard to take. I think your heart is in the right place i truly do. I admire your courage and your pursuit for justice JadedButterfly

Gollum waves ferociously.

Unless i am wrong, We are on the same page and we are in the same boat and with that i think this conversation has come to a close. I am personally going to go back to look for my precious and you are more than free to join if you would like. Again, thank you for voicing your opinions and clarifying your statements for me, because you didn't have to do that. Its good to know i, and Obstacle and many other people, are not the only ones bothered about the unnecessary deaths. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Protection order update
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL