Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 18:28:18
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Martii and the party Started by: Obstacle on Jun 20, '15 15:19

Waking up, Obstacle looked around and noticed a strange environment. This is not the place where I stopped last night for a drink. I am sure it was in The Loop, Chicago in our local bar. She tried to step out of bed and realised she had been sleeping on a couch. What the heck? A Lady sleeping on a couch? That is even more strange. 

I need coffee.

While thinking about coffee the headache started to pump in on her head. Wooow, what have I been doing last night?

She walked towards the kitchen to make some coffee. On her way she saw alot of other leaders laying on other couches and even on the floor. She saw Zed, Spartacus, JaimeLannister, Martii and also PodrickPayne and Whoreable were there. She could not see _Dollface and Lucky, but they probably found some privacy of their own.

She met RemusLupin in the kitchen, who already made the coffee.

"Do you have any idea what we have been doing last night? My head is exploding and I have no idea where I ended up".

RemusLupin nods.

"Yes I do Obstacle. Once we were drinking at the bar, Martii came in and told us he gave order to Madara to set up his crew in Manhattan. He also said he had to hurry back home to announce the new family in the district. But then Camel came in and he was carrying a bag. In that bag he had some drugs. He said he visited the drugdealer in North Side Chicago, who sold him a new blue pill. So we all tried one. We quite fast passed out, due to the combination of the drug and the alcohol, only Martii, as eager he is to explore new things, took two."

Obstacle sees everyone waking up and touching their heads because of the headaches. Only indeed Martii, still was unconscious. 

Looking at the streets Obstacle saw Madara started to move to his new family house and was not aware of the fact that Martii did not make his street announcement yet. He only followed orders to start the family.

Whoreable was standing over Martii, who was still sleeping and slowly tried to wake him up. Obstacle just watched and smiled.

"Well guys, one lesson, no more partying if we need to do business." 

Martii woke up and knew something was wrong.

"I am too late, damn."

He walked towards the door, asked for attention to the world and told the world Madara would have his own family in Manhattan.

Report Post Tip

That pill was a doozie, I finally got to announcing his auth, but just so everyone knows, I did take two pills, next time I'll finish up business and go for three pills, It is really nice drug, gives you an amazing high and psychedelic feeling. I will need to speak to Camel about his supplier.

Report Post Tip
Please, don't make excuses for people. He didn't follow the very rules you guys announced. Are we expected to follow the rules when the leaders just ignore them?
Report Post Tip

_Alexander_ We are trying to rebuild. Sometimes mistakes have to be overlooked for something to be rebuilt. We aren't as ruthless and constantly looking to spill blood as our predecessors.

Report Post Tip

I can't help but agree with (conveniently named) Alexander here.

Report Post Tip

Whoreable was about to pour ice water on Martii if he didn't wake up, which would not have been good for his custom made suit.

...as Martii springs up and walks toward the door Whoreable follows and listens as he makes his announcement. She watches him wince with every sentence, she knows his head is hurting as bad, if not worse than hers. Good thing Martii sent out the announcement to all the crew leaders last night and Madara spoke in the streets, therefore, it was common knowledge.

Martii walks back into the room and Whoreable can't help but laugh as Martii talks about trying more pills next time.

Martii, Martii, Martii. I fear if you take three pills you may never wake up. I don't even understand how you're even standing right now. I only took one and the room is still spinning for me. 

I'll call my driver Buster Cherry and have him come pick us up. I'm heading to Manhattan anyway as I wanted to pop in on Madara and congratulate him. 

I need coffee. Where's the coffee?

Report Post Tip

What would you like to happen, Alexanders? You want Madara to sell his HQ, go back to Martii's crew, and do it over again? What does that solve? Absolutely nothing. To enforce this old GFC rule at the expense of common sense is not justice or any form of it; it's just petty. Plus, we really haven't heard if the new leaders are going to uphold the same system as the old leaders. Right now, the cities are separate and distinct; and the "rules" are fluid. If the other leaders are content with how Martii handled it, then what recourse is to be made?

Obstacle has not provided an excuse; she has shown that the leaders have come together and accepted Martii's actions as justified. That is worth more than the old GFC ruling; because these leaders are still alive and supportive. Once these leaders have made a decision on old GFC rulings, you can gripe about it. But for now, Obstacle's approval here is worth more than the old GFC rules.

This is precisely why I brought up the topic of HQ limits in districts; because the rules change when the regime changes. 

Report Post Tip

I wonder what old GFC ruling we are talking about? The rules, or what are supposed to be the rules come were set 6 days ago.. Unless the plan is to make up new rules only to not enforce them and create new ones every week, I'd say that they aren't old in any way. 

Report Post Tip

Congrats on Martii, Rock it out and get some coffee 

Report Post Tip

My point still stands; what would you have him do? Everyone is aware that Madara is not a rogue, which is the point of the "rule" in the first place. I didn't refer to it as a rule, because Obstacle's words seem more cautionary than declaratory. Her concern in her Rebuilding Speech was that new auths may be seen as rogues, and therefore wanted Streets speeches and mass mails to be done to prevent that. The "consequence" of not making an auth speech is that they may get shot as a rogue. That didn't happen, so what's the point? Griping about it is pointless.

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't know what I would have him do - I can only provide an answer (and solution?) to that if I was in power. If not, I'd likely be called out for being extreme and disrespectful, possibly.

Cautionary, perhaps, but the wordings still says it needs to be done. You can argue that it isn't an issue because Madara wasn't killed by a rogue. But to me (and obviously, others) its an issue of standards and actually following (and thus enforcing) rules.

Report Post Tip

We are going to try to make enough crews to give everyone a new home. You will see crews coming in the next days. The GF or acting GF of the city or district that will auth someone needs to make a Street Announcement and a Mass Message needs to be send to the Upper Structure. This is only to make sure that everyone knows the difference between an authed new crew and a Rogue.

This is hardly a old Godfather Ruling. But carry on my wayward friends, you high and mighties can't be bothered by the little things in this world.

Report Post Tip

As The joker walks past the room where the party was, hears people talking about rules and what used to happen and what should have been done. I seems that there is a point in what Aleksandr said, there should be rules and there should be consequences. But that wasn't the important thing that was wrong here. And the Joker wanted to know about the main problem

"Why wasn't The_Joker not invited to this party, I know i'm not the biggers guy around but still. I still like to be part of some drugs parties. Do you still have some of those blue pills i'll trade them for some of my balloons"

Report Post Tip

Sure thing joker, here you go, I took two, that's the record right now.

Hands the_Joker a couple of pills.

Report Post Tip

Madara burts in with an eyepatch over his one eye

Don't listen to him! Those balloons cause nothing but pain... and you don't even get to keep them!

Madara starts throwing out baggies of pills herbs and mushrooms

Just help yourself from there and leave the maniac's offer alone!

Madara puts a baggy of drugs on a stick and shakely outstretches it for The_Joker to reach

Report Post Tip

"OK, I was going to regale everyone in how drunk I was, the misdeeds I had going on with panda, Seagull and Cassi, and the incident with the french baguette, but I guess I best put on my serious beret and address the issue that is currently at hand."

Places my right hand over my face and wipes the smile off my face. All that is left is a sullen Zed.

"As it may have been pointed out already, Martii may have made an error in the midst of authing Madara, that has been made clear by two members of my family. He arranged telegrams for all of the higher echelons of our families, but failed to provide a speech to the masses that he was setting up Madara as his underling. Yes, that is voiding certain rules that were set in the past by the previous regime and which were reminded to us all by Obstacle, but I will not be crying for Martii's blood, nor Madara's. We can all see that Madara has gone the extra step, a step that is not required by new crew leaders, and has addressed the masses with his authorisation to set up a new family, and yet part of the punishment would be on his head, a person who has himself, followed all the rules and gone that extra step. As for Martii, it was simple misunderstanding and the rise of a certain situation, not an intent to break the rules. He has not shot anyone, he has not declared war on anyone, he has not insulted anyone or try to break the current peace that we have. He has simply failed to do a certain thing. Please, hold back on your hollering and calls for redemption, for the rivers to run red with Martii's blood and give the guy a break."

"As for my members that brought this point to the streets. I see no harm in what they have done. They have brought a valid point to the streets in an adequate and respectable fashion. Kudos to them."

Goes off to find the nearest alcoholic drink and slaps my head when I realised I spoke my statement in perfect English.

"I AM LE FRANCAIS, PEEPLE. LE FRANCAIS!!"

Report Post Tip

"thanks for the pills Martii, I'll try them when i get to the next party, and here you go take this nice purple balloon. "

then he hears Madara and he was talking about his balloons and handing him a nice baggy with drugs at the end of a stick

"I see you didn't like your balloon? but didn't you like your surprice. I must say i was also surpised that yours exploded with al sorts of coins falling out . but thanks for the drugs. "

He smirked, that's just the fun from his balloons, you never know what you might get. and as he walked of he was counting down the minutes. 

"Five...Four......three.....Two.......one......Doom."

But there was no boom, No boom damn this was one of those fake balloons he made. they don't even explode how can that be fun, now he was really unhappy so he took one of the pills. 

Report Post Tip

_Alexander_ and @Alexandr, I want you both to look at precisely the words that have been quoted here. Obstacle said "This is only to make sure that everyone knows the difference between an authed new crew and a Rogue."

Do you understand what those words mean? Did she say "establish a rule for auth procedures"? Nope. That is not the establishment of a "standard," it's a mechanism by which we can all ensure our people don't get shot when they set up. It needs to be done (as you so emphatically reminded us) so everyone knows whether it's an authed crew or a rogue. So when a mass mail was sent out and every upper structure was made aware that Madara was no rogue, you needed to only contact your superiors to know whether Madara was a legit auth. The information was available to you. This has nothing to do with slipping standards or us "high and mighties" not obeying our own rules, and everything to do with simply finding a new thing to bitch about in the Streets.

It blows my mind that we're going to twist ourselves in knots over this. I get that Martii didn't make a Streets Speech (which also blows my mind that he passed up an opportunity to talk about himself or his district), but this is the pettiest of drama at a time where nearly everyone is intently focused on nothing but cooperation.

Report Post Tip

*JohnyGhost was having another tea from his first hand suplier, the relaxing one; like in radio adverts... Not the one mix strong people would need to stay awake for 3+ days if any war was to be a lasting one, with potential paranoia after effects... And in his relaxation, he asked himself: "What are those people saying actually?"*

Report Post Tip

"Please, don't make excuses for people. He didn't follow the very rules you guys announced. Are we expected to follow the rules when the leaders just ignore them?"

For a second there it almost sounds as if you are telling these guys their jobs. But you couldn't possibly be doing that could you? As that would be a tad silly of you.

Making mountains out of molehills because there's nothing better to make an argument out of. Get a grip chaps, a mistake was made but everyone seemed aware that it wasn't a rogue, hence why nobody shot Madara.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Martii and the party
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL