Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:39:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Hope Turned Hopeless Started by: JadedButterfly on Jun 26, '15 14:15

Aleksandr, maybe for you it is surely inspired by a recent auth but for me it is not. As many have pointed out that it is not a new development and I have access to family journals which would say the same. It is inspired by wanting to do something different, spark a flame perhaps. Get people to actually express their views on something that happens.

Maybe it will do very little to end the practice but maybe for others it will give them something to think about. And then for those wishing to have a place to put their views, this provides an opportunity.

Thanks TIIYAH for your thoughts.

Thank you Nina. I appreciate your time in speaking here.

Whagwan, I am not pointing my fingers at any particular leader. As I just said to Aleksandr, this is not a new thing happening in our community. It is just one I decided laid silent for long enough. One that would inspire people to speak up and talk about.

I will apologize for being a little hostile in my last reply towards you. I do enjoy hearing ideas but at the time I felt that it was along the lines of "rank up and do something". Some people really don't have that goal in mind, not to mention that they don't want the rogue stigma that goes along with doing something.

Report Post Tip
But we can agree that the timing was conveniently shortly after a Made Man authorization? You say its not a new development but yet it causes you to lose all hope?
Report Post Tip

Are you suggesting you would not lose hope seeing people silver plattered like so? Perhaps you wouldn't but there are others that do.

Report Post Tip
Do we (you) know any insider information that implies any recent people where silver plattered to excessiveness? I don't think it's worth to experiment with people when you have pretty reliable people standing ready, who's fathers or mothers have done well (in most cases), in these times of rebuilding. But I'm still reasonable confident that people have to put in a reasonable amount of work in before being given auth. Unless we have accurate figures of earnings etc. Can we really say anything is silver plattering above minimizing risks and putting trust in solid, reliable bloodlines, and /or friends.
Report Post Tip

Personally I don't think earnings can really be considered. I think there are a lot more aspects to look into than just one or two things. But I still hold onto the belief that the past should not butter your way. Not everyone is their past and therefore it should not be treated that Johnny is just like his uncle Brian type of deal.

Report Post Tip

Howdy People, You know what my opinion is? I feel that in the future, even the most dictatorial regimes will have some constitution forbiding their iluminated guides to run for three mandates in a row... Sure they will be there, in the back room giving guidances and recomandations, but superficially, they won't rule things... Now we won't play dumb and pretend not to see what evryone sees around. Give politicians a seat and they will use it and abuse it just to stay in power, as much as they can.

Some people will be promised to get their piece of the power cake, and defend the situation as it is, because it benefits them, or they feel they will benefit of it because of their connections and family links, but they might also just be used as a tool to further somebody else's agenda... And it will go on and go on untill people decide not to vote and not to stay inactive about it. Revolutions don't hapen in a day, it might take centuries... if only we could live long enough to see them...

Report Post Tip

In many cases Jade I see what you are meaning....my granpape did this, my father did this.

Who Cares.

I do not know you as this person on my street....Prove to me that you deserve the rank that you are looking for, work is always available for those that want to try and learn no matter who your daddy was.

My ancestors have been in many families there is one thing that has been learned. Nothing is ever the same and we can always learn more from each other.

Report Post Tip

I pretty much laugh at the quote on quote "Silver Platter". You have absolutely no idea how much work one has put in or why they have been authed or promoted maybe they have been a great teacher/mentor to new members , built a well skilled gun or just simply given millions and helped keep the crew fun and active.

All you see is their name and rank you have no idea the reasons one has been given what they have because you have simply no idea what they have done to get what they have gotten.

You know what assumptions do? They make asses and that's what I got from that statement you making yourself an ass and having to come up with excuses as to why people are getting authed and you are not so maybe instead of making assumptions you work just a little bit harder and you can see yourself in a bold suit or getting that next promotion.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Duplicity walked up and looked at the girl who was having issues with how people were becoming promoted to Made. This girl seemed to think that people were just being promoted purely for nothing. Who was this girl even? She had been promoted to Made also, now the rank of Capo, does that mean that she did nothing as well? That just because of her sister, her mother, or whoever the hell she was related to knew her she became apart of the family she belonged to. Duplicity had no inkling of what this child had done to earn her stripes, but here she was judging others without knowing what they had done either.

"You point so many fingers. Who are you to say whether or not one of my members deserved Made? You don't know what they did for this city, my crew, or me. Do I need to go to you every time I want to promote someone to Made? Is there some kind of rule book that you need to write up and hand me so I can be sure to follow it?"

"You seem to think we have lost so much hope with how we are now promoting people. This crew of mine started from scratch. Nothing. Just enough to set up and house people. I sure as hell didn't do that on my own. Every single person in this crew of mine has pulled their weight and continues to."

"I think I can speak for everyone that those we are promoting are earning their stripes, just like you did. Or should I discredit your promotions like you have everyone else's?"

"Almost every crew in this world right now had to build from almost nothing. You see them thriving, not because of their Leader, which I'm sure their leader is great and doing a lot of work too, but it is because of those members they are promoting to Made. So please, take a look at the whole picture of things before you question the leaders who are promoting people."

Duplicity stood there with a stern face. She didn't like when people who didn't exactly have a "need to know" privilege questioned the worth and work of the members in families.

Report Post Tip

"You there!" Jaded points to a random Made Man auth. "What did you do that was any diffferent than anyone else?"

Maybe I have understood it wrong, but I understood the thread introduction as a complaint against authing some "random" made men, not about giving Wise guys their made button... Regarding the topic of mades, I heard somewhere in the streets some clever idea that a true rank of confidence was Don since mades were evrywhere around, but that was some time ago... I certainly do understand that Cities need to be populated, but I also think that Leaders who have to choose an auth have an enormous burden. Their choice is what can make or unmake the whole family, regardless of the trust, because Vendettas are a common thing in our world...

Report Post Tip
But (most of) what Duplicity said can be applied to the subject of made man auths just as well.
Report Post Tip

"Okay then, I will re-word what I said to fit your Made Man Auth."

Duplicity paused and cleared her throat.

"These random Made Men who are being authed once again have probably done far more than just the eye can see. Perhaps these Made were there working their ass off during the huge war that took most of the lives in our world. You don't know how much these Auth's have earned, what their gun may be like, or how well they work with their family."

"Once again perhaps you should write a book about what we should be doing so that we can fit your idea of who should be Authed and who shouldn't be."

"I know for one, I was a Made Man auth. There were only two Made or above in our family. Also, by that time I had already earned around 1-2 million for my Crew Leader who had passed, so there were no numbers to be shown for it with my new leader Obstacle. They had no idea what I had done for Tyrion. Yet, what they did know is as soon as I joined their family I was mailing them trying to help guide, I was up making sure whoever needed protected was, and so on because I don't need to go on about what I have done to prove to you I have earned my stripes. Who is to say these Made auth's haven't been doing that? And why should they have to let the world know what they have been doing to have earned their button?"

"I know quite a few Made Men who had done far more work than any Consigliere, but does that mean the Consigliere hadn't earned their rank? No! Just means that this Made Man or two had a knack for doing work very well and efficiently."

"Yet, this whole conversation hinges on the fact that you feel from what YOU can see they haven't earned it. No one else besides the Crew Leader and Hands truly know what this person has done for them and their city. They don't have to go out of their way to prove to YOU that they earned it. They only have to prove to those authing them they have."

"I don't feel like I should have to say this and most of the time we all seem to feel we are entitled to knowing, but this is the mafia, since when did we have to start broadcasting our dirty work to everyone we see? I don't think anyone should be telling the world how many filthy scum they have plucked off or how many corners they have ran. We don't. So these Made Men auths don't have to broadcast it either."

Duplicity smiled and then gave a quick wink at the girl.

"Time to start writing your book for us, dear."

Report Post Tip

Wow! Just Wow! First time I see some message in the streets as deep as this one. For my self, I don't know who I am, I don't know who you are, and I don't know who you did adress to... But it was some leader's talk for sure... My previous message wasn't adressed to somebody in particular, since I don't know nothing and I still have to learn... But wiki is "the game" goes on. Between the persons who know each other, the friends, the families and stuff. Maybe not for others... Just by the way you talk, You certainly did have an interesting past. You can ask around about my kin too, It doesn't give a sh.t about ranks or animals, or any other goats. I am no one to judge who did earn or not whatever, I just remark as so many people around that's the same old auths getting authed. Did You say somewhere you werenn't a CL before? If not, my bad...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hope Turned Hopeless
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL