Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 15:15:20
Page:  1 
Operation KEIL-TD Started by: Rorschach on Jun 26, '15 18:25

Dropping a brand new tin bucket on the sidewalk with a heavy clang, Rorschach tuts as it stumbles around on its bottom rim for a second, spinning and swaying like a drunk ballerina, before clattering onto it's side with another loud clang. As the passing audience look on disdainfully at the inconsiderate man disturbing the early morning silence, he tries to casually right the bucket with the toe of a polished dark tan coloured brogue, with little success. Accepting defeat and meekly bending over to pick it up, Rorschach notices a split in the bottom rim and mutters discontentedly before throwing the bucket over his shoulder into an abandoned alleyway and turning to address the congregated few.

Judging by the furrowed brows, clearly his bucket stunt had failed to impress, so in a final attempt to attract as much attention as possible, the young man claps his hands noisily and begins speaking:

"Mobsters and.... mobsterettes?" he begins quizzically, lifting one eyebrow thoughtfully before shaking his head and continuing.

"I'm here because I know a man, who knows a man, if you know what I mean. He's a bus tycoon... well I say tycoon - he runs a handful of buses which run cross country at a very reasonable price and he has built the business up from the ground, with a bit of financial help from some 'investors', that is.

Now, one of those investors happens to be a man who owes me a favour and fortunately for me, that investor has a big say in the implementation of new time-tables for the bus route from Delaware and he has warned me that there are a large number of 'friends of ours' out there following a rogue element without the backing of our elite."

Allowing the shocked murmuring to cease, nodding and muttering in agreement with the shocked mob, he continues:

"I know, I know. It was a surprise to me too, but I have checked it out, and it's been verified... and what's worse - his backing grows in numbers every day. However, as I said - I have a friend who owes me a favour and he's willing to, shall we say 'amend' the bus driver's schedules to re-route their destination to one of our choosing, and grant us advanced warning of their arrival. However, these palms do not grease cheaply; there are bus driver wages, fuel costs, union rep bribes, cop bungs and a few other 'administrative costs' we need to cover.

With the backing of an anonymous financial consortium, I have already negotiated with my inside man and agreed to bear a large proportion of the financial burden, provided there are some equally altruistic individuals out there. I have advised him that for 25 bearer bond payments in total, we shall meet that with a further 10 bearer bonds. For a total of 50 bearer bonds, we shall contribute a further 20, and, for a combined investment of 100 bonds or more, we would be willing to match that with no less than 40 bonds of our own!

Now, this is where you lovely people come in. As this is not exactly a cheap endeavour, we have decided to open up this opportunity to other investors and are currently looking for additional funding to ensure we can make the most out of this opportunity to make sure this scum remember that this country is OURS, and if they wanna work here, they gotta make the appropriate tributes or accidents WILL happen.

Looking around for some sort of implement to pass around for collections, Rorschach eventually gives up and confesses "I did have a shiny new bucket for contributions, but it, well, someone sorta, kinda accidentally broke it... a little bit. So, if you wish to contribute to the "KEIL-TD" campaign, please have your local bank teller transfer as many bonds are you desire directly to my account with the code-phrase "OPERATION KEIL-TD", and if you would like to remain anonymous, please contact me directly to ensure your anonymity.

My bank book will be viewable for all to see at the following address, to allow for complete transparency prior to this operation's commencement: *[BANK BOOK]*

Finally, I have also agreed for a limited number of the bus schedules to be made available, which will be distributed amongst the most generous donators of, say 25 bonds or more, so if you need more of an incentive, there it is folks! One team, one dream! Now who's in?"

((TL:DR - I'm organising a communal Durden spawn. Mapping will be distributed amongst the top donators - everyone who donates 25 credits or more will get mapping ~ 1 mapping per 25 credits donated.))

Report Post Tip

Watching the men discussing the merits and pitfalls of such a venture, Rorschach begins walking through the crowd, listening intently to the many tales of previous run-ins with this particular group, relishing the stories of gruesome "Durden chump" executions, often told in exaggerated, animated terms involving a lot of arm flailing, strangely. One question kept coming up, however, which prompted the speaker back onto his impromptu soapbox podium:

"I have been asked when this invasion is due to occur a couple of times now, and the honest answer is - I don't have a definite answer for that question. I'm hopeful that we can have all the arrangements in place for a Sunday afternoon slaughter session, however, if I believe we will snare more of these animals by waiting a few extra days, then that is a cross I am sure we - as a collective - would be willing to bear. I would certainly expect everything to be in place within a week, if not considerably sooner, however donators will certainly be kept informed with the most up-to-date information possible."

Report Post Tip

Returning to the corner he had previously spoken to the masses, Rorschach pulls a large sheet of rolled up paper out from under his overcoat and attaches it to the wall.

OPERATION KEIL-TD

Due to a minimal interest in this venture, this operation will run for a further five days and at that point, the scheme shall be re-evaluated and investors consulted. Should there still be a shortage in commitment at this juncture, all bonds shall be returned to their investors. The closing deadline for transfers will be Friday 3rd of July at 00:01.

Walking over to the public telephone, Rorschach pulls a handful of coins from his pocket, deposits them into the telephone and surveys the street before dialling a number surreptitiously

"Yeah, it's been delayed... a shortage of funds. I'll keep you informed."

The young man listens for a moment before replacing the receiver and strolling off into the night.

Report Post Tip

Friday 3rd of July at 00:01

Sound like a prefect time for this massive assault on our streets to happen. I will do my best to protect my corner and my Hoes. No Durden shall past my corner that does not get shot or held up or at least money removed from his pockets.

Let the on slot happen and my little corner of heaven will be ready .

Thanks for the heads up sir: FFF

Report Post Tip

"to make sure this scum remember that this country is OURS"

ncrypt listens to the man as he speaks and he's convinced he should contribute something, no matter how small, to the cause.

" i'll give the last bond i have" ncrypt said remembering that one of his dear ancestor almost lost his life to one these scums.

Report Post Tip

Walking down the street he heared the stirring of the name Durden, a man who had no place in this business, a man who just brings a rabble of poorly trained men, with no ethics or care for the way the world works.  A slight grin set accross his face as he kinda liked the idea even if not something that works forever.

Slipping his hands in his pockets he walked a bit further as he thought to himself about how much damage could be done to Tylers organisation if lured out of hiding for a swift hit and how long it would delay his next build up for.

Shrugging slightly he though about the many passing through and the possible benefits for business and the average marksmans trade as he sauntered pensively.

Clearing his throat he looked as he spoke gruffly

"the vile filth needs to be lured out and removed for his families actions, they contribute not to our society apart from as target practice, they need to be shown what we can do combined to show them who is boss"

looking for his flask, he grimaced

"lets just hope the parasite does no damage when here"

Report Post Tip

Final day folks. Anyone else wishing to contribute, please make the appropriate transfers before midnight tonight. We have managed to rustle up a total of 229 bonds so far, which should bring a sizeable gang from Delaware, however, all contributions - large or small - will be greatly appreciated, so if you want to donate or if you know someone who might, then feel free to pitch in cos lets face it - shooting them is a communal effort, the onus of bringing them here should be equally shared.

Report Post Tip

Slathering a thick gloopy glue on top of the ripped and graffiti'd announcement he had stuck to the wall days earlier, Rorschach sighed heavily as he unrolled another announcement on top of his prior announcement, superseding it's content with his new declaration. Clearly tired and wrought with emotion, he runs a clean, dry hand over the sheet of paper freshly stuck to the wall before reading the announcement one last time to check for errors:

OPERATION KEIL-TD CANCELLED

Given the recent events to befall our world, I believe it would be utter folly to continue on with this venture, so as a mark of respect to all the faithful men and women to fall over these past few days, we have decided not to pursue this operation any further at this point. All credits have been refunded, save for 1 anonymous donation and 1 other contributor. If the kin of these two individuals could contact me, I shall have my broker release the funds to you upon verification.

Finally, to all those who donated and the kin of the generous people who all pitched in - thank you, it was heartening to see such acts of philanthropic altruism in this day and age, even if it was fruitless... this time.

Bowing his head slightly, Rorschach thinks to himself "Such a waste. Rest in peace to all of the fallen soldiers." before lighting a cigarette and walking down a darkened alley.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Operation KEIL-TD
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL