Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 07:39:23
Page:  1 
The $300M Harty Started by: Early90sTechno on Jun 27, '15 18:37

So now it's official, somebody won $300M in a harty.  Perhaps the biggest amount of cash to change hands in a single transaction in this thing of ours.  Someone, somewhere, has suddenly become insanely wealthy. 

Richer than God?

Almost a third of a way to being a billionaire.

The only person who can come close to this fiscal liquidity is a distant relation of Gaius, who at one point controlled a double figure percentage of the economy's cash.

So, what I want to know is, is this:

Someone winning huge via gambling, do they need to tribute to their CL/GF?

And just what could they do with that money?

Report Post Tip

Tips his hat in greeting.

"Money can do different things to different people. Personally, if I came across that much money, 99% would go to my Don. I have no use for it, if I needed personal expenses, I would be told so. It's safer at the top and can be put to better use.

"It's also a risky situation to play with. Say you won the pot, however you were gambling against your fellow family members? Your boss, district head or Godfather? An allied city? What then would be the consequences of revealing your win? What could you do with that much money if you kept it quiet? Sure as hell can't spend it."

Report Post Tip
You invest. Think of how many credits could be bought with that. You wouldn't even need to pinch pennys for credits. You could buy them at full price, give them to your family, or just rig the market. So many things to do, but if anyone knows of it, it may be your last. But the need for credits won't be going away. Your children, even grand children could reap what you've sown with that much money. And someone out there has it all.
Report Post Tip

Those were my initial thoughts, however after watching the market, there have been no obvious wipes of the current holdings, nor any extreme listings of cash. 

Whoever has that money has either spent it lavishly on their famiglias protection and assets, or is playing a very risky game by banking it. 

Report Post Tip
If I was lucky enough to come into such a fortune I would of course slide a percentage upward after talking to my boss. The family has needs and expenses and is partly my responsibility to provide that. The rest would quickly slide into credit market and bodyguards in an attempt to lengthen my lifespan and provide any advantages city hall can provide me as well.as secure an inheritance for my next of kin.

As for what to.do with such funds I guess I depends on the personality hit listing or funding rogues and hitters for those with a love of chaos. Alternatively the 300 million could be divided with the combination of investment buying and selling credits as the market changes as well as chasing more harry wins. Finally maybe as the cash grows investing in allies who one day you hope to rule with.
Report Post Tip

The kin of the recently deceased Cookie Monster was winning massive hartys, then transferring the funds almost instantly to an secure off shore account. Those existed in the 1930's right? I don't believe his kin won the 300 million dollar one. A group of rivals bested him in that situation, thus leading to his untimely demise.

Report Post Tip

It's well known that large wins have led to deaths recently.  Who knows what will follow a win of that size.

Report Post Tip
Is all down in my mind how many people your working with. The more people the more chance information leaks and it becomes public knowledge who has what. The smaller and tighter a group although less effective may avoid such unfortunate endings.

Any crewleader taking a chunk wont mind I my thought as regular income is always helpful.
Report Post Tip

Like anything in this world of our that follows the alternate world of all of us (AKA R/L).

95% of the worlds money is owned by 2% of the population.

So us poor folk will continue to work to make those 2% even Richer Than God.

Report Post Tip

As Dodge walks down the street, he sees the small kerfuffle going one. He walks over and listens for a second. After hearing what the content of the conversation was about, he chimes in briefly as he is well versed on the topic being discussed.

He pops his head into the small circle and says,

"Unless you know how to play the game, you're playing the game of death... unless you die.............. a ninja. That will be all gentleman!"

And he trotted off down the street, back on route to where he was off to.

Report Post Tip

Solitude remembers that big pile of cash he saw a few days ago..

"Money.. The root of all evils. Or as an awkward wise man once said, the lack of it is!"

"Surely if you know not how to handle such a big amount of money, with secrecy and care, then you probably shouldn't have it in first place. Or maybe wouldn't have"

As he finishes that second sentence, his mind starts to wonder about the things that he could do if he amassed such a fortune..

"Oh, I'd be able to do everything with that! Would be able to control ALL THE ..... %#*~"

Before he could finish his words, he trips and falls on the ground.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The $300M Harty
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL