Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 02:05:47
Page:  1 
A New Day, A New Era Started by: Obstacle on Jun 29, '15 14:34

Weeks have passed since the last huge war and slowly new arrivals are finding their new homes. With pleasure Obstacle is watching the cities shine and grow. That is what the surviving leaders had in mind. A new world with crews in every city.

Last night all the city heads have had a meeting again and they discussed the great growing of the world. 
Also a few other things had to be discussed. Our first announcement of the rebuilding was quite some time ago and the flexibility of people moving from one crew to another is ending. It is up to the leader of your crew if you can move or not. 

All the city heads were asked to read their ancestors logs to see how we could save the world from domination by one or two cities and we made a few agreements. 

- From now on, all the Godfather Rules from our ancestors are not valid anymore. Each city / district is asked to look at their city rules and update them. A few of former Godfather rules will be put there. Everyone should be more focussed on the city rules.

- Since we live in a mafia world, we should act like mafia and not be a big alliance and only world wide wars are needed to make a fresh start. So from now on every city has their own entity and they make their own decisions. We started this already by occupying all cities with crews after the big war.

District Leaders will decide themselves how many crews there will be in their district.

- For new auths, there still need to be a Mass Mail to all upper structures and a street thread by the Godfather/Crewleader who is authing someone.

Satisfied with the outcome of the meeting, Obstacle sent John_Wick to all the other city heads to ask for their signature on this document. 

Signed by:
Obstacle (CH)
RemusLupin (DT)
Spartacus (LV)
PodrickPayne (LA)
Woreable (NY)
JaimeLannister (PH)

Report Post Tip
An interesting document.

I don't think anyone can complain that these are not fair decisions. There is almost complete flexibility on how the cities are governed.

Applaud all your efforts as a group on the rules outlined here, the future is now wide open.
Report Post Tip

I m very happy to see this,good rules and everyone will be happy with this

Good job all of you

Report Post Tip
Simple but with room for freedom of choice how to develop will be interesting to see how it develops or if people keep to tried and tested measures or have fun with experimentation.
Report Post Tip

Thanks for the update and clarification.  It will be interesting to see how this affects the community.

Report Post Tip
Reading the posting by our world acting God Mother

Freddy is happy to see steps in a direction that he has been hoping for a long time

Giving power back to the cities and letting the ruling GF make their own rules is far past due. Defiantly time for a update in our activity's around the streets of our own cities.

Salutes Obstacle then goes about his business.
Report Post Tip

Im glad to see there is still some leadership left in our world.  And I definitely like the direction of our world.

Report Post Tip

facing east ward towards the horizon, ncrypt watches as the sun rises.

"it's a new day, i hope it's a bright one."

Report Post Tip

After reading the document he passes it on..

So many years of following the beaten path of the norm, here is something for all those people who really wanted to see something different.

Seph jots the notes down in his journal that has been passed down through his fore fathers, as he closes the book he looks up with a smile...

To a new Era!

Report Post Tip

After listening to Obstacle's speech, Valium can't help but say...

"A new beginning is always full of hope and excitement, yet it is sometimes accompanied by fear and anxiety. Still, I'm happy to be a part of this."

Valium then leaves and heads back to Siren's Call. He still has to feed Snuffaluffakus.

Report Post Tip

Finally we go back to letting cities make their own decisions.  I was never really fond of having one king of the world who made all of the rules.  Not to mention the whole big happy family concept did not really fit with the mafia.

Its nice that we can let leaders control their cities as they see fit, without much interference.  Definitely a great decision made by the city heads.  Can't wait to see how it all works out. 

Report Post Tip

Agree that the districts and cities should make their own rules as I too was never fond of one ruler of this thing of ours.

Thank you obstacle. 

Report Post Tip

"Diversity is a good thing."

Says Solitude while smiling, before heading back to his seclusion..

Report Post Tip

Perhaps I've wholly missed the point here but it doesn't look to me like anything has changed, nor will change moving forward. I'm not saying this is neither bad nor good, it just seems fairly "business as normal."

- From now on, all the Godfather Rules from our ancestors are not valid anymore. Each city / district is asked to look at their city rules and update them. A few of former Godfather rules will be put there. Everyone should be more focussed on the city rules.

A quick look would suggest everyone has more or less the exact same city rules, so nothing changes here really. Everyone follows the same unwritten rules. 

- Since we live in a mafia world, we should act like mafia and not be a big alliance and only world wide wars are needed to make a fresh start. So from now on every city has their own entity and they make their own decisions. We started this already by occupying all cities with crews after the big war.

I concur wholeheartedly. However I think it would be fairly naive to assume there aren't any alliances right now, perhaps not publicly but they are there none the less. Do I also expect group take downs of other cities? Yep. I'd be surprised if any one city did anything alone or without prior consultation, help from at least one other city. So once again, nothing new. Eventually a city or two will turn into "the powerhouses" that run this place. It's happened every time. Cities die and the deceased's children join the perceived stronger cities to ensure their survival, thus the strong get stronger. And well everyone know's what happens to the weak. Darwinsm and all that. 

District Leaders will decide themselves how many crews there will be in their district.

I'd be surprised if any district leader didn't first communicate with his fellow city district leaders to update them on who/what/why and when he plans to set a new crew leader up. New York seems like the city that would be most likely to actually follow this rule. Not as a bash to the city but just because all the other cities spawned out of one crew leader but that didn't. As ever though perhaps time will tell.

- For new auths, there still need to be a Mass Mail to all upper structures and a street thread by the Godfather/Crewleader who is authing someone. 

Same as ever.

So yeah, different day same shit - business as normal. 

Report Post Tip

I would have to disagree, while the changes are maybe subtle, they are definitely different then previously.  We are going from complete control by one to maybe a few people, to letting everyone decide for themselves.  The city rules have stayed the same, because those rules are what most of us believe in.  But, it is the leaders decision whether or not to have those rules in place. 

As for the alliances, you are probably right, there will eventually be an alliance between some leaders.  What they were referring to was the huge city wide alliance that was previously happening.  Instead of everyone attempting to be friendly and work together, they are leaving it to the cities to decide who is a friend or enemy.  Basically every city is on there own and will not be forced to work together and follow the same rules. 

We have almost an entirely new group of leaders, that have been given free will to do as they please with their cities.  That right there is a massive change from what we had before. 

Report Post Tip

​Everything here looks great I just hope everything stays peaceful for awhile so we can rebuild cause another war would just kill the game off even more we need more players and have to build

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A New Day, A New Era
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL