Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:08:51
Page:  1 
I, The Scribe Started by: Scribe on Jul 08, '15 12:53

Hello. I have decided to do something a bit unorthodox and that is to offer a service to whoever might hire me.

What Service?

I will bring the crew that has hired me to the top of the forum VIP list and therefore grant them all the benefits that comes from it. I will accomplish this by a number of means:

• Writing Chronicles: you can find an example of this is the Streets by the name of “Chapter 1: Contact”. That post is the first in a series of RPs that will follow the same storyline depicting my actions as is wont in the Streets.
  • Street discussions: If asked I can start a new thread asking opinions about a matter that the hiring crew leader has appointed. I will take part in the discussion and play “the devil’s advocate” trying to get all sides of the matter, collection information from the answers and then reporting back to the CL who can use the information gathered to make more informed decisions.
  • Businesses: soon, as my chronicles move forward I will start owning different businesses in different cities, all of which I will check up on, on a daily or every-other-daily basis. Also should any of your members open up a business I will visit it and try to get it up and running and busy till more people arrive.
  • Multi-user stories: This is a great way to interest people into doing more RPs. If asked I can plan a story-line in which a number of member of the crew will take part. This will increase the possibility of those members doing RPs on their own, and also useful for them to bond together.
  • RP course: This is something extra and will not fall under the normal duties category. But if asked and properly paid for I will create an extensive RP course which will make way for the newer players to step into the world of RP.
  • HQ business: some crews start an RP thread in their HQ for their members to use before stepping into the big world of the streets. Somewhere friendly and easier to write for. That is also something I can do, but as it will not gain me any VIP points, I will require reimbursement if I am asked to do that.

Through all this, I will not only bring your crew to the top, but will also help other members increase their VIP rating which will be rewarding to them as individuals as well as on a crew level.

Terms of agreement

As it is with everything now, in order to receive the services mentioned above you must agree to the terms that I put forth. This is how this will work:

• Any contract signed will last one month. In other words will stay in your crew for only 30 days from the day I am hired.
  • My payments will be paid in three phases assuring a trustable transaction. Upon joining your crew I will receive a sum, the amount of which is up for discussion. I will use a part of that sum to buy my own forum VIP. Then, I will receive twice that sum when two conditions are met: 1) When your crew actually gets to the top of the VIP list and get that free mapping. 2) When at least 10 days have been passed since I have joined you. The first rule will ensure that I will do good on my promise. The second rule will be useful since when I move to another crew I will take my VIP ranking with me, so it is possible that you get the benefits from the second that I join you, so again in order for you to be sure I’m not going to lazy out right after you pay the money, you will pay me after 10 days when the effect of my activity in the last crew is diminished and it only depends on the recent work. The third phase will arrive on the 25th day when you will pay me 1000 times my VIP points at that time. This will ensure that I will write consistently throughout the month.
  • One week before my contract is about to end I will send out word that I will now receive new offers and I will join the crew that has offered the best offer. IF the crew that I am already in offers the best offer I will stay, otherwise I will leave the crew exactly after 30 days and join the new crew in that very second.
  • It goes without saying that I will not pay any donations, nor will I join a crew that has set taxes. Setting taxes while I am in the crew will nullify our contract and I will leave. If you want to set taxes leave me out of it, just remove the tick in front of my name in the tax screen.
  • I will not read and sign the rules of your HQ as I will always remain an associate and never become a member (Made Man). Though as I have seen the rules I hereby announce that I agree to those terms and be respectful toward all the Members of the crew. I will also use your family tag for the duration of that month.
  • I will not in any way use my weapon. In fact I will either redeem it to your armory or tell you about it so you will take it away. I will be doing petties so I will get a gun every once in a while. But as I said I have no liking in training it and just so that everyone would rest easily I will redeem it or tell you to take it away. You are also more than welcome to check it regularly and make sure it is taken away. I would appreciate that.
  • In the case of War, in which your crew is taking part I will immediately leave your crew and will join back and do the rest of my contract if your crew survives. Just to be clear let me give this example: I have been with you for 20 days, then you go into a 5 day war, then I come back and stay for 5 more days.
  • The answer to any request for Pro shots will be a Big Fat NO. I’m a scribe, not a mercenary. I will not touch a gun for whatever reason.

Why am I doing this?

A number of reasons (with no particular order):

• This is something new that no one has tried and I am curious as to how it will be.
  • This will give me a chance to do a lot of RP, which I very much like and allow me to make money out of it.
  • This will give me a chance to meet a lot of new people whom I can talk with and maybe even make friends with. Believe it or not, for me one of the major pros of this game is the social aspect of it. I’m a friendly person and experience shows people are friendly toward friendly people, so I’m looking forward to meeting everyone from around MR and not just one crew
  • This will give me a chance to appreciate the game without the fear of getting killed. This is to me an idea that will benefit all and anger none. And what’s more is that even if I do get shot, I can just come back (maybe as Scribe- or –Scribe or…. You get the idea) and start where I left off, I lose nothing. The person who has shot me and the one ordering it will lose something as I will no longer offer my services to them.
  • This will give me a chance to not only create a rapport and reputation among individuals but on an MR level as well.

Possible issues

One major issue that may arise in the minds of you who are reading this is the part about me leaving the crew and joining another one. You may argue that I will have access to crew secrets which I can share with others. But think about it, do I really?

From the moment I join, you KNOW that I will leave in one month. So you will not only withhold any family-only information from me but also let your members know that I must not be let in on any such information. So simply put, I will not know anything that I would later want to share, even if I wanted to share.

You may argue “what about C chat? You will have access to that.” Well we all know gun talk or sharing of privileged information is banned on C chat. Other than war times that is, when whether you like it or not, it gets said. but then again, I will not have access to your C chat during war.

You should be more worried about the people who are in your crew and you don’t know that they are going to leave and rat you out. I on the other hand am known, so you will know what to say and what not to say. Also why would I destroy the reputation I am trying to create by doing something like that?

Final remarks

If there are any other issues or matters or ambiguities, please reply to this post and let me know. We will talk it through and maybe even add it to the terms.

Also if you are interested, I suggest that you keep a watch on this thread for future developments.

Sponsors and CLs who are interested in hiring me, MobMail be and we will discuss this further.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,050,000 Tip

I would be very supportive of this idea had there not been in the inclusion of your decision to move to a new family after 30 days.

I think if you are going to live the life of what is essentially an NPC that does Role Play, then you should accept the fact that after your 30 days of service are complete your life ends and your next of kin can start again with this venture under a new guise.

I think the benefits of this are two-fold; it protects the family you were with and protects your new family.

Whats to stop someone going rogue and ending your life after you join the new family? (once your 10 days is passed) money down the drain there, right?

Its certainly an interesting Idea, one I do look forward to seeing how it goes.. but as I said, with the inclusion of moving familys its something I simply cannot agree with regardless of how you try to ignore that point, its simply not a practice that is acceptable in our community.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Silas. here is how I see it:

first, that even though there is no-move policy for made-men+ i dont see why such rule MUST be applied to all associates. i would understand that if moving was free, it could have caused trouble but for someone you gonna hire to stay for only 1 month, i dont see why that must apply.

you bring up a good point about the rouge. but remember that for the duration of that 1 month i will be a sponsored member (hence why you said rouge instead of just kill). the person who rouges in such a way must pay the price of such action. and well if i was the CL who had hired me, i would very much have a LONG talk with the family of the rouge who had robbed me of an important asset. there would be diplomatic effects of such a rouge act.

and also i would actually prefer to stay alive long and make money. why would i do this, if it wasnt for the money? so dying after every month i just not an option, and frankly it doesnt make sense.

and Silas in the end you mention that you can't agree with moving around even if i address the security issue. what other issue is there? i am asking cause i wanna improve this idea in any way possible

Report Post Tip

Moving around is my one and only issue with your idea.

It doesn't sit well at all with me. You are not a bystander to this life of crime, you admit you will rise to the position of Wise Guy, a Wise Guy doesn't jump from family to family for a bit of coin. He is dedicated to the family he joins. So to have this idea where you can literally whore yourself for 30 days and then move onto another family to do the same, if indeed another family are the highest bidder; it simply goes 100% against the entire idea of family and the Mafia.

I know you are looking at the family side in a different sense and see it more as a roof over your head whilst you complete your work, but that isn't what a family is for. You are not a hired PR man that gets to just leave at the end of the 30 days, I applaud you trying a different approach and trying to make money for yourself with the venture, but under these current stipulations I would be astounded to see you be hired. In fact, I would be fucking disappointed to see you be hired and then move family. It would really make me think that the people involved have no right to call themselves a Leader as they would be showing the world that they don't give a fuck about the way of life we lead.

I could understand someone accepting you joining their family under these conditions if you were then terminated at the end of your contract, as you would have fulfilled your purpose and be cast aside, that makes sense in mafia role play (as I mentioned before, a bit like a CA). Packing your bags and moving to work with another family, possibly another City never-mind district, is really not something that would conceivably happen.

Personally, I don't see this getting off the ground. I'm also a little surprised I'm the only one to so far voice an opinion on it, but perhaps others will share theirs soon. Who knows. Perhaps some will actually support you! We shall see.

Report Post Tip

Well take away the moving around and you take away the whole point. may as well join up a crew normal. and seeing that almost 3 days are passed and not much of an out-come, I'd call this a bust.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: I, The Scribe
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL