Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 22:42:19
Page:  1 
A friend in need. Started by: Adorkable on Jul 16, '15 05:15

Hey guys, I'm putting this out there to help my friend. He is trying to purchase a Recumbent Trike so he can go on family bike rides and outings again. I won't put his whole story on here since what he wants to share is on his Gofundme page. 

All I can say about this man is wonderful things, I've had the pleasure of meeting him on my adventures around the USA and he's one of the strongest most positive people I've met. He is quite the inspiration, he has two beautiful, sweet amazing girls and a loving, wonderful and supportive wife. They deserve so much more than what they have but I'm sure that they will get the help they need in due time. He is a great friend who is there whenever you need. He has helped me through plenty of difficult times in the year and a half that I've known him.

Well I guess I should post the link now,

http://www.gofundme.com/zg5nbc

Thanks in advance for any donations!

Report Post Tip

Adorkable, I'm sorry to hear the news about your friend.

I am asking for help. Because i am sick of watching my children sad because i cant go with them. I want to be with them, and play, and ride. I don't want them worrying about me when they are gone out. Lately they don't want to leave are apartment because they are afraid that something may happen to me. 

Maybe he should chill out with physical activities (unless instructed otherwise by his physician) since there seems to be an occurring problem with his health. If he's still experiencing uncontrolled syncope episodes, then it's not a good idea to go on bike rides that may delay medical attention. Also, it's just asking for trouble because what if he passes out during a bike ride and ends up crashing into something (or someone)? Again, I would highly recommend for your friend to put this idea on the back burner until it's resolved. 

Report Post Tip

The sad truth is that it will never be resolved. It will only be delayed. He wants to live life to the best of his ability before the inevitable happens :/

Report Post Tip

Touching story, I can relate to a lot of it. Young father with two girls and a wife myself. I've also had to have heart scans as, despite being fit and healthy, it might run in the family. My mother has a pacemaker at 40 because she has an issue with her heart. She's ran marathons and climbed mountains, and her fitness masked the fact that her heart rate was abnormally low. 

So, in a pacemaker goes and now she's on tablets for the rest of her life. Can't do as much as she used to, had to cancel all sorts of plans like sky diving and bungee jumping. 

I'm not in a position to donate anything right now, but if I get any credits in the future, I'll get half the amount and put the rest towards your friends fund. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you Sammy :) I wish the best for you and your family as well. I don't expect anyone to donate since no one knows the fella honestly but since I was only able to donate a little bit, I decided to reach out to our community and try to help him out. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A friend in need.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL