Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 12:29:59
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What does it take. Started by: Croccifixio on Jul 18, '15 06:41

So, being a noob and never having being authed myself I thought id go ahead and create a topic on what it takes to become a cl.

What does it take?

-being loyal?

-making bucket loads of dosh for your cl?

-getting a good gun?

-sitting on irc constantly and getting high up in certain cliques?

-being the only guy ranked high enough to be authed after a war?

-a combination of the above?

Have you ever been authed? How did you do it? Did you achieve all you set out to or did you fail miserably? Tell us a tale. Don't want to post this in the streets cause it seems like it would be inappropriate.

Cheers

Report Post Tip

Indeed, the combination. In recent events, we've learnt that you can be a crew leader if you know the right people or have a fat enough wallet. Quite clearly, that doesn't work.  

The above traits and attributes you mention are all the makings of, or will result in a crew leader, however if I was ever to be in a position to issue an auth to become a boss, I would judge a person by their commitment. Commitment to the cause and our way of life. If someone is passionate about being a simple mafioso or soldato, then they will be equally committed to running a family. 

Reputation is a big one. If you don't have a rep, you'll be heavily scrutinized. If you have a good rep, you'll most likely be blindly followed and attract a great deal of members. If your rep is a bit... tattered, well your success will depend on your strength. 

Ultimately, what is the deciding factor? The judgement of the one authing you.

Report Post Tip

What does it take? That's an odd one honestly.

The very first time my line was authed, I was Don Mudkip - RHM to Don LilacDelaney. When she moved to Black Bottom, she asked me to take the family over as she was ascending to Godmother. I had been her right hand man for over 3 months and she rewarded me for it.

Being loyal is key. Some people will only auth their friends of their bloodline unfortunately, I've always liked to keep it different. (On my first Godfather run, I authed my RHM, and then my second RHM later on [Jeddy & Space Pole]). I did auth Iocaste however seemingly as no one wanted auth in my district, so I had to choose someone reliable with a gun.

Every time I became a crew leader, I had donated a lot of money, yes, but I hadn't bought my way there. Here is roughly what I had upon each time I became CL.

Mudkip - 400 kill gun - 43 million in earnings - 121 bodyguards. [I was LilacDelaney's RHM]

DanTheMan - 240 kill gun - 25 million in earnings - 24 bodyguards. [I was ToyArmadillo's member]

Kyubey - 500 kill gun - 73 million in earnings - 175 bodyguards (I was fully capped). [I was Godmother Amethysts RHM]

I think you should try to remain on IRC as much as possible honestly. It doesn't guarantee anything at all, but I've met a lot of friends and useful contacts via IRC. I believe you don't need to be a super gun/top hitter to become a crew leader. I've seen leaders with 200 kill guns before at Godfather, granted, they were shit, but their gun didn't make them shit.

Honestly, it'll sound like I'm just saying this... But just work hard, keep your head down, try to make friends with the higher ups and keep building that gun. You will be recognized. 

Being a crew leader isn't as special as people make it out to be. It may be fun at first, but the amount of times I've logged in, read my mail, and then logged out because I didn't feel like dealing with stupid shit, is obscene. MafiaReturns is a game, but sometimes when you're a leader, it almost becomes a full time job.

Report Post Tip
Every time I've been authed in the past it was simply because I was loyal and involved in the family. Those attributes usually led to some position within the family structure and eventually to a nod to move up to bold.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Maybe just like in real life...

Make your bones,

Earn a lot

Kick up most of it

Be smart

Loyalty

Stand out!

Report Post Tip
Report Post Tip

maybe just the same as irl the effort and the hard work its never enough...

Report Post Tip

1) Join a crew leader 

2) Work hard 

3) Gain loyalty 

4) Donate lots

5) Earn enough trust to be given esteemed position within the family 

6) Go HAM in any future wars - strictly no sleeping 

7) Continue to work hard and send in even more donations and work on your gun, join the families "uppers room"

8) Get looked over for auth for a guy that your crew leader worked with last run when they got their whole families shot as a result of incompetence 

9) ?????

10) No CL profit for you (go back to 1) 

Report Post Tip

I think pretty much all the things have been said, but ill double up on a few to stress how important they are.

Make yourself useful, in a crew of 40 members, the ones who help carry the load and contribute stand out.

When someone asks you to do something or you volunteer for something, you need to come through 100% of the time.  No questions asked.  You get that shit done.  Be the person they can count on.  Be the prowacker assigned to keep someones ass safe as a baby in bubble wrap - yes, for 2 days straight.  99% of the time, real life is more important than the game, but that remaining 1% can be crucial and show just how willing you are to step up and get shit done.

Make yourself known in the public.  Staying in just the circle that only exist in your own crew does not help you with growth outside of it.  Not everyone is a social butterfly, but showing up and occasionally chiming in goes a long way.  IRC and In game chat carries a lot more importance than most will admit.

Be the guy that when your name is said, the whole room goes "yeah, hes good people".

Know your role. Shit mostly rolls down hill.  When you make a mistake, own up to it.  Sometimes you will have a high ranking asshole in your face yelling at you.  Yes Sir.  Sorry Sir.  No excuses Sir.  You'll take a verbal licking many times, and in exchange for being humble - you will actually gain respect.  There comes a time and place down the road where you get to flex your muscles and swinging your dick around, but knowing when and where is the difference between "those who are..." and "those who never will be".

Follow the above, and you will be exposed to more opportunities to grow in the game.  Play your cards right and you will get the chance to become a CL sooner than later.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Heres a new question since it seems my original one has been answered and cause making another thread to ask this will make me seem like a spamming dick:

what does it take to be a successful cl?

Report Post Tip

Caring. Caring about those around you, they always come first. At the end of the day, it's better to die with people that love you, rather than people who despised everything you've ever done. Show that you care about them and make them feel wanted, show that you have a heart for those that are busting their ass under you.

Not everything comes from feelings when making a crew leader, but if you can't connect with your family, then would you expect them to fight for you? Fight for them every chance you get, even if that means saving 1 of their lives going into a war to save that 1 person. Anyone threatens your family, they threaten you. At the end of the day, when you're the last one standing, it's those who have supported you and your family that will help you reach a longer life, or a swift death. Best to live it for them and protect them at all costs you can.

Show them that you care whether they are here or not, push them to strive to something much more. Inspire them to want to be around you and your district more. Lastly, fight for them to the bitter end. Die for them if need be, just get the job done to protect and save as many as you can, even if that exists past your destined life line. That's what will make people want to work/fight for you. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Yeah, as Ramza has said, you have to care. Being attentive, active and engaging is more important than trying to push the success of your family. It's through promoting satisfaction or even enthusiasm in your ranks that you'll succeed in leading a crew. 

Communication is critical, make sure people know what's going on, to the extent that you can. Know what people want to achieve, then give them opportunities to fulfill that, or work towards it.

Report Post Tip

getting high up in certain cliques?

U got it all above...

Report Post Tip

Is Booklet in a Clique no has he been authed yes lost count.

there are no cliques, there are circle of friends that have played many years that's all, very easy to get auth in MR basically activity is everything

Report Post Tip

Wow, we just got some kind of explanation... Like clique is not a closed circle, And you NEED to spend a lot of YEARS to be member...

Report Post Tip

'there are no cliques'

Funniest reply ever.  :)

Report Post Tip

Whilst there are still cliques, I don't think the game is anything like the closed shop it used to be and especially not as it was when I first started. Instead, I find we tend to follow certain patterns with auths falling into one of a few categories and most of the advice given here is pretty solid in terms of how to achieve that. It is more likely that 'a safe pair of hands' will get auth when the world is in an embryonic stage because they aren't as likely to drop the ball or attack other people without cause. Similarly, when crews are more established, the hard workers who've proven themselves are more likely to be given a chance. 

Report Post Tip

Something I didn't noticed mentioned and if it was I do apologize, but in my experience if you can get in a family from the ground up that can be very helpful. As said, being noticed is very helpful and when you get in from the beginning you can make more of an impression from jump street.

That can lead to promotions down the line. I have had more than one character fast tracked to positions in the Upper Structure just from being in the crew early and showing initiative.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Influence, that is a big help i was one of the first to join Cin and worked my ass off to help build the family and now im Capo and a LHM, it definitely helps to show you want it and will/can put in the work to build trust and relationships to earn it.

Report Post Tip

My apologies, i meant will/can work to help build the family, donating, recruiting, building relationships and trust along the way.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What does it take.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL