Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 17:38:21
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Character Creation - Help A Fratello Out! Started by: Sereno on Jul 26, '15 03:41

I'm big on creating a character bio to then use for my roleplays, and it's that time again! I find that when you have your character in mind first and foremost, then the written roleplays and interacting with others on here becomes a shit ton easier, and much more fun, realistic, and immersive.

I've found it fun to flesh out the details myself for my previous characters but this time I think it would be interesting to let the public, you guys, decide my character for me that I will then roleplay moving forward. It will test my imagination, writing ability, and maybe nudge others to think about their character's a little too.

I'm asking for those that do want to 'help a brother out' with fleshing out this character to keep it era specific, realistic, and on the more I guess 'serious' side. I do like to have a good laugh, but when it comes to my writing I'm more dramatic/serious. That doesn't mean the character has to be plain or boring or stifle your creativity, but rather the ideas be 'realistic'.

So, those interested please feel free to reply to this thread with ideas to the following character bio below (you can also just do parts that interest you).

In a week I'll put the ideas together and viola, the character to the username Sereno will be born! (for the sections that only require one idea (i.e. First Name, Surname etc.) I'll put them into a hat and draw one out at random).

Note: Sereno means something like calm/peaceful in Italian. You could use this ironically or realistically in your ideas if needed. I also didn't include a separate Spouse/Children section but please feel free to cover this in the 'Background' section if you wish. Other than that the canvas is blank. :)

• First Name:
  • Surname:
  • Nickname(s) (and reason):
  • Birth Place:
  • Parents & Siblings:
  • Background (include at least one significant childhood/life event):
  • Height/Weight:
  • Physical Build/Physique:
  • Distinguishing Features/Mannerisms:
  • Favoured Clothing:
  • Favoured Weapon(s):
  • Star Sign:
  • Personal Likes:
  • Personal Dislikes:
  • Character Strengths:
  • Character Weaknesses:
  • Criminal Record(s):

The finished bio will be listed on my profile, and I'll have to stick to whatever it is when writing my roleplays and making decisions that relate to things IC (in character).

Any and all help is appreciated. Cheers Guys!

Report Post Tip

Favoured Weapon(s): colt 1911

About all i got lol

Report Post Tip

Star sign: Cancer

Because we're awesome. And you can give the world crabs while slowly killing them.

Report Post Tip
  • First Name: Antonio
  • SurnameAbbracciavento
  • Nickname(s) (and reason): Sereno (has a peaceful nature) - Plank (tall and thin)
  • Background (include at least one significant childhood/life event): He was born and raised in Sicily. Throughout his early childhood, he didn't have many friends. He preferred to be alone, so this didn't bother him. His family scraped together enough cash to move to America by the time he was 8. He wasn't in America long before he got into his first fight - losing his pinkie finger in the process. He learned the hard way how vicious people in America were and this made him change how he acted around others. It was from that day he decided to keep his head down and wait until he could really do something about it. His parents both passed away before he was 18. To survive, he was doing odd jobs for mobsters. They paid well, and that's all that mattered. Eventually, he found Credits and started working for him. The rest is history.
  • Height/Weight: 6'3 - 175lbs
  • Personal Likes: Peace, (...)
  • Personal Dislikes: Children, (...)
  • Criminal Record(s): Too many to list.

That's about it from me. I'm not creative enough to finish.

Report Post Tip

Cheers for the input so far!

Mave, are you talking about the crabs I think you're talking about?

Report Post Tip

That depends. What crabs do you think I'm talking about?

Report Post Tip

The not so friendly kind.

Report Post Tip

Have you ever known me to be friendly?

Report Post Tip

Only when I'm not stealing your shoes.

Report Post Tip

I think I'd still kick or bite you regardless. And shoes aren't cheap, okay!?

Report Post Tip

I tend to build off the character that I used with the same name. My characters cycle through surnames, I've got four or five on the go. Two characters ago I had LouisGato, since then I've come back with Sammy, and Sammy has the back story of his fathers endeavors to build upon. 

Everything Louis achieved, or the businesses he frequented or the people he knew, I can draw on to sketch out Sammy's back story. 

And the cycle will continue when I make my next character, he will be the kin of one of my other names, who worked in  a different city to the Gato's, who knew different people and holds different values. 

It adds more depth to a brand new character, who you can or can not refer to their past character while you play, depending on how you want to play.

Report Post Tip

I've always built each of my previous characters in the same way, off the ones before, yet figure a change would add a little something new to the mix :)

Report Post Tip
  • First Name: Russell
  • Surname: Stanwyck
  • Nickname(s) (and reason): Rusty - A play on the shortened version of Russell, Russ, Rusty.
  • Birth Place: Philadelphia
  • Parents & Siblings: Paul Stanwyck aka ChummyPaul aka ChummyP (Father - deceased) 
  • Background (include at least one significant childhood/life event): Following in his fathers footsteps, witnessed the death of his father and vows to avenge him with the death of TylerDurden.
  • Height/Weight: 5'10
  • Physical Build/Physique: Slim
  • Distinguishing Features/Mannerisms: Scar above left eye from where he was attacked by a Wise Guy from his own family, Rusty had to shoot the man/Tends to start a conversation on something completely off topic to what's already being said. Also goes on about money a lot. 
  • Favoured Clothing: Suit w/ tie and a Fedora
  • Favoured Weapon(s): Colt 1911
  • Star Sign: Pisces
  • Personal Likes: Money, running his businesses
  • Personal Dislikes: Disrespectful people, those who don't understand what it is to make your bones.
  • Character Strengths: Serious but can have fun, an opportunist, plenty of contacts.
  • Character Weaknesses: Focusing on money can at times hinder his decision making.
  • Criminal Record(s): Assault, Racketeering, Extortion, Loan Sharking.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
  • First Name: Paulo
  • Surname: Bartoletti
  • Nickname(s) (and reason): Called "Bearded devil" by his oppositors due to his implacable nature
  • Birth Place: America, Exact location unknown
  • Parents & Siblings: Giuseppe Bartoletti (Grandfather) Domenico Bartoletti (Father) Thereza Bartoletti (Mother) Roberto Bartoletti (Young brother)
  • Background (include at least one significant childhood/life event):The Bartoletti family comes from a poor background. Giuseppe Bartoletti Paulo's gradfather imigrated from Italy at a very young age. Since then the family struggled to make a living moving from state to state. Paulo was born in this rough enviroment and had to fight for a living every since he remembers. Fighting the other kids daily he grew up stealing food and money from stores. He joins the mafia as a young adult trying to make a better living for himself and his mother and younger brother
  • Height/Weight: 5'7  165 lbs
  • Physical Build/Physique: Atletic, tough but lean.
  • Distinguishing Features/Mannerisms: Having faced hardships from the beginning Paulo displays a quiet personality and general negative outlook on life. Despite that he is loyal and hardworking. Pursues his opponents relentlessly but will do anything in his power to help a friend out.
  • Favoured Clothing: Whatever he can get his hands on.
  • Favoured Weapon(s): Growing up as a street fighter Paulo is a master at knife play. Doens't have a lot of firearms experience
  • Personal Likes: Alcohol, fighting.
  • Personal Dislikes: Backstabbers and cowards
  • Character Strengths:Strong personality and bravery
  • Character Weaknesses: Stubborn, reckless
  • Criminal Record(s):  Brawling,theft, Fake ID, Arson

My small contribuition!

Report Post Tip

Awesome stuff on the input guys, very much appreciated! As it is, that means all categories have ideas, so technically a character is born! Anything else anyone wants to add for different parts of the bio will:

a) add to it for areas like personal likes/dislikes, strengths/weaknesses, criminal records etc.

b) go into a hat to be drawn randomly for things like name, background, height/weight.

If you feel legendary then feel free to do a full bio, if not, any input will help a brother out!

Report Post Tip
  • First Name: ND -Not Disclosed
  • Surname: Mihailov
  • Nickname(s) (and reason): R2D2 -Friends jokingly refer to her demeanor as robot like.
  • Birth Place: Russia
  • Parents & Siblings: Parents -Olga Mihailov, Albert Mihailov Siblings -Anastasia Mihailov, Tamara Mihailov -All deceased.
  • Background (include at least one significant childhood/life event): Had a loving family, amazing really, but it all ended  tragically, when a fanatical group broke into her fathers home and murdered their family making the you girl watch as they did so, she managed to break away from the at the tender age 17 and managed to find a home with Duplicity .
  • Height/Weight: 5'5 -111 pounds --give or take a pound
  • Physical Build/Physique: Athletic/slim
  • Distinguishing Features/Mannerisms: Very rigid, prim and proper.
  • Favoured Clothing: Black leather jeans, white button down tight fitting collar shirt, black "shitkickers" and an array of tattoos and Piercings.
  • Favoured Weapon(s): Hand to hand combat
  • Star Sign: Aquarius
  • Personal Likes: White wine/Vintage wine, Vodka
  • Personal Dislikes: Disrespect towards her person or family. Not carrying ones self appropriate within the streets and other venues.
  • Character Strengths: Loyalty, strength, and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
  • Character Weaknesses: Sympathy, empathy - a bit emotionally stunted
  • Criminal Record(s): Nothing on file, but she is a criminal.
Report Post Tip

Hahaha, I didnt read :P but I put my character bio down, lmao. Feel free to pick and choose what you want :D

Report Post Tip

I did the same R2D2 heh and offered the same too.

Report Post Tip

lol all good! I'll still use the info, yet maybe not the names and personal stuff that makes your character specifically unique. Cheers!

Report Post Tip

While this might make the profiles longer and more drawn out, these character bios would make a nice addition to a persons profile. Not required obviously, but willingly added. When I fill mine out, I'll be adding it for sure.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Character Creation - Help A Fratello Out!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL