Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 21:07:30
Page:  1 
Are We Stuck? Started by: DancesWithWolves on Jul 26, '15 18:52

For many years, things remain the same.  There are wars, there are killings, there are coalitions, they make rules, people follow the rules, people break the rules, there are wars, there is killing, rejuvenation, reinvention, new leaders, new followers, longstanding bloodlines, new blood, fresh faces.

But is this it?

Are we stuck?

ARE WE STUCK?

What could be done differently?

Report Post Tip

I pray to the Lord that we remain stuck like this forever.

Report Post Tip
This is just how it will be. History repeats itself as we should all know. These things happen, and we can't stop it. There will always be someone who throws it all back into a big war. Someone wanted power so they take there chance. Whether they succeed or not they are going to try. That's a given in this. Wars will always happen. After all it is like one of the most fun parts of the game. The rush of adrenaline you get from shooting someone. When the person was a popular figure and had a big gun it's a great feeling. You almost feel invincible you want to keep going. You'll even lose night and nights of sleep just to try to assure you stay alive. It's crazy, but it's just how everything here runs
Report Post Tip

C'est la vie. Life? Are we stuck? Are we just going to play out our monotone lives, just doing petty crimes, drug runs, and the like? Repetitive action. Again and again, we go around in circles: We die, our sons and daughters rise. We live; we petty. What more could you expect? Is there any variation in this world? Are we really just fucking a tree? Is this a complete waste of time? Are the patterns we notice repeating set in stone? Is this God's will? (the one up in the sky who created stuff in a week and yeah, not the other one) Or is this life a game of Satan? (yet again, the one with the horns and a pitchfork, not the other one)... Simply put, we aren't stuck. We never have been. Though this world is cyclic in certain ways, there is constant opportunity for variation. We pass through many cycles. Some things that seem reoccuring do in fact pass. It is the way of the world. There is nothing actually constant, no matter how hard people try. There are people out there constantly breaking the cycle. Every day is unique. There is always a different turn made, a different space on the chessboard filled. We're far from stuck. As long as the clock keeps going, the world is moving, and so are we. This is the life we are in, and it's forever ending one minute at a time. But there is hope in our children. There is a bigger picture to all of this. There will never be perfection, and even should it occur for a split second, there surely would be a random occurance to knock it down. Perfection is not what we need. We need the seeming of calm. The build up. The foreplay, that rise and fall, again and again. It is that rise, and how we get to the top that is fulfilling. The fall is really meaningless. But stuck we are not. If you're stuck, you're doing something very wrong. You're not truly living. You're a drone. But for real people, they feel the pinch. 

Report Post Tip

Sure there are many people that would agree with you DancesWithWolves.  In all honesty though, should we be expecting different?  The answer is only yes if you are without a vision or are without the drive needed to get there.

Would you rather live forever as the son or daughter of some forgotten mafioso from a time long forgotten, as the same person in the same place for all eternity?  The beauty of this world is that it is always changing by those that wish to be the agents of change.  If you have a vision and wish for something else here, work like there is no tomorrow to achieve that vision with the people you trust the most to get to a point where you can enforce the future you desire.  That's how the family system works and it exists primarily for this purpose.

In summation, I don't see any pressing need for a change to stop the breathing cycle that rejuvenates life here.  This world has always been what people make of it when they have the capacity for it.

Report Post Tip

"Listening in to the young mans speech about change, he can't help but have flash backs from the past"

To make a change, you must stand up and be the spark to create the fire of such changes.

To this day, I still read my fathers and grandfathers journals about their time in this thing of ours, the mentions of our Mafia legends such as SamTheAmericanEagle with the Henson Hitters, the old school mafioso's of Timmy9, SteelDawn, SecretAgent and the infamous UncleNicky and the United Nations.

From what I've heard from my father, a lot has actually changed since those days, my bloodline has been here for many years and we have witnessed some dramatic changes to how things happen on these streets.

Rogues these days seem to be a rare "touch wood" vision of todays society compared to the old days with underground organisations and the men and woman of the ranks who have just had enough, what sparked that changed? perhaps these days things are run better, a wider range of opptunities for the young blood on our streets to grow and progress further rather than leadership and family jobs being handed down to the same bloodline all the time, or perhaps its just something more simple like we are all a little older and wiser than our ancestors were and our patience for success is stronger.

I look around today and see a lot has changed, from the leadership bloodlines to how the young blood hold themselves with pride and respect rather than running their mouths off in the street because they don't get their own way.

Report Post Tip

Are YOU stuck?

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/340299#44311027

wanders off and whistles

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Yes, yes I do believe we are all stuck in this thing called life. In this life here that we all exist in we are born, then we live a little and then we die. I don't think any of us are going to get out of here without going through that process and finishing it off with death. 

Report Post Tip
Very interesting concept. Yes, on one hand, I believe we are very much stuck. But on the other hand, I don't think we are stuck at all. Anyway that's just my opinion.
Report Post Tip
Mishka - I thought that until I read Systematic Immolation if Thought.

It changed my life.
Have you read it?
Report Post Tip

That was cool. 

Report Post Tip

Less philosophical BUT... Tony gets his megaphone out and starts fist pumping Open city! Fight to the death! Open city! Fight to the death!

Not that we haven't seen it before but it always adds a good reason to wander down to these streets!

Report Post Tip
My sentiments of a simple explanation by Sovereign says it all. This is the way we all chose to live, the routine, our day job. Empires are built and destroyed, leaders and friends come and go, what matters is the change of scenery we get from it. You're either in or you're out, nothing in between.

Deal with it.
Report Post Tip

hmm

Report Post Tip
Honestly it being any different would just be weird. I think this is how it is. How it will always be. I am fine with it. It is really fun and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have figured it out and accept it.

To each their own though. If you hate it you hate it. That's you and I respect that.
Report Post Tip

this is the the life we choose the risk we take you dont like it then do something about it. 

Report Post Tip

"That is the true issue there Giovanni," TLM takes a drag of his cigarette, "Many people are too afraid to voice their true opinions and instead join the current majority... Which I suppose in this case is Chicago, yes?" TLM tips his hat, "Of course that being said, I'm sure there are those within every city who have opinions of their own and are preferring to wait for the ample time to either voice time or act."

TLM leans back in his chair, puffing smoke out of his mouth. "We will be stuck in the same loop for generations to come, and I don't see that changing. It will take a large movement for that to happen, but alas..." TLM takes a drag, "I doubt anyone will actually do something about it. No one's willing to take the risk."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are We Stuck?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL