Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 10:49:24
Page:  1 
Renacer; Evolution Started by: Oblivion on Jul 28, '15 01:05

It was a beautiful day in South Side, Chicago. There wasn't a cloud to be seen, the birds were out chirping, and even the neighborhood scumbag was being nice and enjoying the day. That was something you never saw! Oblivion was enjoying this day, taking a stroll through a park just around the block from his HQ, when one of his associates came running up to him. He looked panicked and was clearly in a hurry. He began speaking, with pauses where he had to catch his breath.

"Sir, I just got word from Duplicity. She wants to meet with you right away!"

Oblivion smiled and thanked his associate. He walked back to the HQ with him and watched as he walked back inside. Some may find that a little creepy, but Oblivion thought it was a way of appreciation. He got into his car, started it, and started the quick drive over to The Siren's Call HQ.

A few minutes later, Oblivion pulled up outside the building. The birthplace of his mafia career. The place he calls his home away from home. He took in the fresh air one last time and walked inside. He headed straight for Duplicity's office. He approached the door and knocked three times. He heard the words "come in" so he opened the door and slipped inside.

Inside was Duplicity, sitting behind her desk with a drink in her hand. She pointed to a chair and Oblivion sat down in it. He looked at Duplicity and couldn't quite tell what she was thinking, so he speaks up.

"So, I heard you wanted to speak to me?"

Duplicity nodded her head. She took a sip of her drink and put it down on the desk before leaning in closer to Oblivion.

"Oblivion, ever since you came here to South Side, you have worked insanely hard for me. More than I could ever ask for. In turn, I gave you permission to set up under me. Well, the time has come to push you further. You have shown you have what it takes to lead and I feel you're ready for the next step. What do you say, are you interested in moving to North Side and claiming it as your own?"

Oblivion was shocked. He didn't know what to make of what he was just told. He needed a moment to take this all in. He looked around the room and then back at Duplicity. It seemed she was staring at him funnily, and then he realized his mouth was wide open. He closed it and cleared his throat.

"I would be absolutely honored to take that role, Duplicity. Thank you so much for this opportunity!"

Duplicity smiled and held up her glass. Oblivion grabbed a glass and did the same. The rest of the meeting was about the arrangements, how everything would work, so on and so forth. By the end of it, Oblivion was probably the happiest he had ever been. He walked out of The Siren's Call HQ with a pep in his step. He got in his car and drove back to his own HQ.

He had sent word to get Koehler in his office by the time he got back. To his surprise, he was actually there. Oblivion and Koehler bump fists and then Oblivion told him to take a seat.

"So, Koehler, you have been with me from the start of my operation here in South Side and you have been excellent all around. I spoke with Duplicity earlier and Renacer will be moving to North Side, CH. With that being said, I need to pick someone to set up an operation alongside me, and I'd like that to be you. What do you say?"

Koehler wasn't one to waste time. He took a split second to think about it, and then opened his mouth.

"Of course! It would be such an honor."

Oblivion smiled and nodded his head. He looked down at a blank piece of paper that was in front of him, picked up a pen, and started writing. He handed it to Koehler and sent him on his way. Oblivion was exhausted so he went to sleep.

The next day, he had plans to move everyone over to North Side to see his new HQ. Upon arriving, the sight was gorgeous. The HQ stood tall against the sky and the windows reflected the beautiful views. Oblivion was in love all over again. He opened the doors and took a look around inside. It was similar to his old HQ, but it felt much different.

When Oblivion was finished admiring his new HQ, he took a ride with Koehler to see his new HQ too. Though it wasn't as impressive as Oblivion's, it was a good start and had a lot of potential. Oblivion turned to Koehler.

"What will your family name be?"

Koehler smirked and looked back at Oblivion.

"Evolution."

Oblivion watched as Koehler cut the massive ribbon holding the doors to his HQ shut. Oblivion walked to the center of the doors and began speaking.

"I'd like to thank Duplicity for all of the faith she put in me and the humongous honors she has bestowed upon me. I'd also like to congratulate Koehler on his new HQ. I know you will do me proud, brother!"

Oblivion popped a bottle of champagne and went to mingle with the gathered crowd.

Report Post Tip

Batgirl was out robbing post offices, picking locks and cracking safes as she so often did. Her hearing was impeccable, as was to be expected for being Batgirl. She was going about her business when she had heard the sound of champagne popping from a miles away. She knew the sound came from near where her family headquarters were located and she decided to go investigate. It wasn't everyday she heard champagne popping so she knew something was going on.

When she got there she saw a huge crowd gathered aroung Oblivion and Koehler. She heard whispers of moving and auth so she decided to make her way through the crowd and find Oblivion and Koehler to see what was going on. She squeezed her way through the crowd, there were so many people around it wasn't an easy task. Finally she got up to Oblivion and she tapped him on the shoulder and asked, "What's the occasion boss? I heard champagne popping and now there is a crowd." He informed her of their move North Side and Koehler's new responsibilites as well. Batgirl was estactic to see that her family was given such an opportunity, she instantly hugged them both and grabbed a glass of champage and proposed a toast to them both, "To bigger and better things, and a bright future for us all!" Right after they toasted she excitedly downed her champagne so she could run home and pack. As she was on her way out she yelled back, "I can't wait to see what this new adventure brings all of us! This is so exciting!" 

Report Post Tip

"Pack it up! We're moving to the North Side" the letter read. It had been posted to the doorframe leading into Chase's office. More of a broom closet really.. but it didn't matter. 

Chase looked around his tiny space and thought about where he should start packing. Then it clicked.. maybe he oughta' congratulate his boss first. He ran down the hall and up a flight of stairs. He walked up to the double doors, leading to Oblivion's office, and knocked.

"Come in!" 

"Hey boss! I just got the news. A big congratulations is in order! You've done a fantastic job and deserve this very much. I'm so happy for you. I won't take up too much of your time.. just wanted to tell you that. I'm gonna' go pack now."

"Thank you Chase! I really appreciate your kind words. We'll be heading out soon. Get packing right away! If you should need help.. let me know. I'll find someone to help you out."  Oblivion says with a smile.

Chase gives a nod and smiles, turning back to leave and go pack his office and personal belongings. 

North Side... ready for this? I think so too! 

Report Post Tip

WhoreAbully always felt that any day is a good day to drink champagne, but it always tastes exceptional when accompanied with good news. She picked up a bottle, slowly removed the foil and loosened the wire before she popped the cork. She silently reminisced about days gone by as she filled her fluted glass and then sat down behind her desk to write a note. 

Dear Oblivion and Koehler,

Some of my fondest memories are from when we were young, watching our families thrive in Chicago and talking about our hopes and dreams. My family has long since moved out of Chicago, but good news certainly travels fast in our world. I'd like to congratulate you both on your move to North Side. I know the two of you will do great things over there and you will both continue to be an asset to the toddlin' town. 

Warmest Regards,

WhoreAbully

WhoreAbully lifts her glass and softly says, "Buona fortuna miei amici," as she takes a sip she thinks to herself how exceptional the champagne tastes today.

Report Post Tip

As everyone was gathered around the new Renacer Headquarters, Rose listened to the announcements with interest.  It seemed she was about to have a new place to call home, but thankfully still in her beloved city.  A few changes were going on, but all for the better of Chicago. Accepting a glass of champagne, Rose waited until the crowd thinned out a bit before going to congratulate a dear friend.

"Well Koehler this is an eventful day.  I wish you the best with your new Headquarters, but don't be a stranger.  You brought me here to Chicago, and it's bittersweet to see you going now, even if just down the street.  I will miss you being nearby to pester daily, but you deserve this opportunity!"

Rose raises her glass of champagne in a toast to Koehler wishing him well, and for the new opportunity for her Boss and Family.

"North Side now has two great Leaders!  Can't wait to see it prosper!  Congratulations Oblivion and Koehler."

She turns to Oblivion with a smile inquiring about their new Headquarters as Koehler ventured off to receive more congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Clover had all the reason to be happy and celebrate today. She was lost and penniless when she first arrived in Chicago. And when Koehler found her, he brought her to the Renacer's where Oblivion accepted her into the family. She won't be where she was right now if it weren't for her two friends. Now, Oblivion was given control of North Side with Koehler setting up with him.

"Glorious day for Chicago! Congratulations to both of you, my Boss, my family!"

Clover then takes the newly cut ribbon and keeps it as a remembrance.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Koehler!

You've worked really really hard for this and I'm glad to see you've been rewarded with your own family. Ever since I remember seeing you as a Gangster I've always had this feeling you've been destined to run your own crew so to see it come to fruition isn't a surprise!  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Nefertari is running as fast as she can until she reachs the Renacer office, looking around she notices a lot of whispering and surprised faces looking at Oblivion. She asks to Oblivion what's going on and the boss notifies her about Koehler leaving the family because he will be getting his own family. 

Surprised, she walks around the family property  trying to find Koehler, after few minutes Nefer sees  him packing his bags in his room, looking at him she  remembers the good times from the past few years.

Nefer walks up to him and rests her arm on his shoulder and says:

"I'm very proud of you. I have to thank you for the help that you always gave to our family and be sure we will always be here for you if you need of anything and I wish you a lot of success in this new journey."

After few minutes talking and laughing about old memories, she helps him put the bags in his gleaming and powerful black mustang and wishes him the best.

Report Post Tip

In all the commotion about her and Duplicity moving to The Loop in Chicago, Senza didn't had the time to congradulate Koehler. When she's allmost finished unpacking all boxes an rearranging the new headquarters she decides to drop by Koehler. Senza steps outside her office and holds a cab. She gets in the cab and tells the cabdriver the directions. When she arrives she tells the cabdriver to wait for her. Senza steps out and enters Koehlers new headquarters.

"Congratulations Koehler. I wish you the best of luck running your own headquarters alongside Oblivion. If he believes in you, I am sure you will do great." Senza smiles. "Anyways I got to go, I have still some boxes to unpack." Senza rushes outside and notices the cabdriver already dissapeared. "Atleast I didn't pay him yet" Senza mumbles to herself as she holds another cab.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Renacer; Evolution
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL