Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:19:04
Page:  1 
Chi-Town Spreads Her Wings Started by: Duplicity on Jul 28, '15 02:23

Duplicity was finishing up the last few boxes that she needed to pack. The whole family was bustling around getting ready, along with the rest of the city. A lot was about to happen and everyone was fairly excited about it, at least in Chicago they were. Voodoo was standing in the door waiting for her to finish up so he could carry the boxes down. He knew she could do it on her own, but he offered to help her anyway. His men were finishing up with his HQ and Oblivion's men were almost done with their own.

When she finished with the last box, Voodoo moved to pick it up, but was almost shoved out of the way. A young boy who looked to be one of the new associates stood before them. His eyes still had that bright glow of a boy who had hundreds of hopes and dreams. He had yet to see the grim plague of war. He eagerly stood before them and then cocked his head to the side to look at Duplicity.

"Ma'am! I came as soon as I could. What is going on? Why are we packing? I just got settled in!"

Duplicity looked at Voodoo and they both smiled. She then put her arm around the boy and began to walk down the stairs. Voodoo was behind her with the last few boxes, he did his best to show he wasn't struggling with it, but he was carrying three of them at once.

Once they met the sidewalk, Duplicity paused and moved out of the way for Voodoo. She looked at the boy and then began to point at the different shops where her leaders were housed.

"Well, you see, my dear. Chicago is expanding, she is spreading her wings in hopes to fly high."

The boy looked confused, but excited. She decided instead of telling him about it she would show him. Pulling out a piece of paper from one of the near by boxes, she asked for a pen that one of the men had in their coats. Thanking them she began to write,

The Loop - Duplicity, she will be moving here with the lovely Senza to assume control of the center district, a new auth soon to come

North Side - Oblivion, he will be moving here and setting up Koehler

South Side - Visas, he will become the acting head of South Side with Duplicity moving, a new auth to shortly follow

New York - Voodoo, he will be assuming control of New York with Eredin by his side, and will fill the districts how he see's fit

The boy looked at what she wrote and ran off. Duplicity looked a bit confused as to what just happened, but he quickly came back with more boxes. He smiled happily and ran inside to pack everything up that was his own. Chuckling to herself she walked back over to Voodoo.

"I am happy to see you receive what you deserve, a beautiful city, but I am sad to see you go. I know this isn't us parting ways, but now I have to take just a little bit longer flight to see your handsome face! I hope to see everyone flourish, whether in a new city or in their own district."

Pulling out a bottle of champagne from the last box that Voodoo carried out, she then handed it to him.

"Everyone in Chicago has been nothing but a solid rock for me. I am so proud of everyone here and look forward to the work we do together! To us! To building better business with all! Not just Chicago!"

"It is time to celebrate! May we all dance happily to the music, to our call, and never let us skip a beat!"

Report Post Tip

Congrats to Chicago for spreading their wings and populating a few underpopulated districts. Feels good to see everyone growing again, best of luck to all of you!

Report Post Tip

"Very well. I am glad to see the expansion and I'm glad all parties involved are cooperating and working together" The little Raccoon said with a grin.

"But.. There is a mistake!" The little Raccoon began making noises

"Visas.. IS A WOMAN" The crowd went silent. All of a sudden you could hear the panic ensue. "WHAT THE FUCK A TALKING RACCOON?" Said one person. It was at that point where the little Raccoon scurried away.

Report Post Tip

After moving to the Loop and unpacking Senza hurries her way over to Duplicity. She notices she was just pulling out a bottle of champagne and handed it over to Voodoo. She walks up to them and looks at Voodoo. "Well you should open that bottle, let's raise some glasses." Senza says as she looks into some other boxes for some champagne glasses. "Ah here they are". Senza picks up a couple of glasses and puts them on a table. Voodoo fills up the glasses. Senza hands out the glasses and raises her glass. "Let's cheer on a prosperous future"

Report Post Tip

"This is great news not only for Chicago but to the whole underworld!" Clover clapped her hands as soon as the announcement from Duplicity reached her. After all the wars and the dead family and friends, this was something that would brighten everyone's future. Now, everyone could conduct business and progress in the mob world.

"Congratulations Chicago! To brighter future!"

Report Post Tip

Enjorlas had always been a man for action as opposed to a man of a great many words. Standing on the corner of the street as Duplicity made her announcement, Enjorlas felt a well of emotion rise up within him. Feeling like he was going to burst if he didn't show some sort of emotion, he began:

"Congratulations all. I hope we see a sustained period of success and profit with these moves."

Realising he'd been talking for a while, he slunk back into the shadows to continue observing and listening.

Report Post Tip

Seph lights a cigarette and gazes upon the lot of friends that stand before him…

What can I say, I couldn’t be more happy for Chicago spreading out to cover all the districts in a fashionable manner, all well deserved and without a doubt in my mind I know Chicago will continue to shine under the light of Duplicity. Voodoo, I would like to congratulate you personally on stepping up and taking New york under you wing, I know you were destined for great things before the war and it is showing now, and having Eredin by your side I know he wont settle for anything less.

Congratulations everyone.

Report Post Tip

After receiving word from Duplicity about the move, Rusty came out in person to congratulate everyone. With the recent removal of New York, there was a big gap to fill. Moves were being made and it was definitely the right time for them.

"Congratulations on the moves, I hope the realtor didn't take too much of a cut. With New York empty I think it's a wise choice sending a fraction of the ever growing Chicago over there. All the best too Voodoo and Eredin on their business out here on the east coast and I hope things continue to move forward within Chicago."

With @Visass as many have now dubbed her running a tight ship in South Side and Oblivion and Duplicity both running their own districts, Chicago was beginning to look settled after the recent long wars the entire country had endured, hopefully in time, the remaining cities would continue to flourish as well as Chicago had.

Report Post Tip

MightyMouse couldn't contain his enthusiasm one more second. The family was moving to The Loop, in the heart of his beloved Chicago... this was going to be a golden age for us all. Hurriedly moving boxes and driving back and forth across town, MM realized something. For the first time in a long time he felt at home. He looked in the rear view and smirked.

Mighty unloaded the last of the boxes and looked around, he'd been through the center of Chicago many times, but it felt different now. Sure, a few great friends moved east, but Mouse spent time in NYC often... and he knew he'd see plenty of them. But here, this place... this was now THE place.

Mouse hitched up his trousers and wiped some grime from his wingtips. "Good to be home" he smiled.

Report Post Tip

"I must say. I am ecstatic with how well Chicago has grown after all the shit we have had to put up with lately. It is great the see the expansion stretch over to New York now being occupied once again, and it is a great honor to be part of the New York move. Congratulations to all in Chicago, and also to Voodoo and Eredin. Much deserved to see everyone in these respected positions."

Phil let a huge grin spread across his face before returning back to the shadows.

Report Post Tip

Victoria steps up to speak.

I have been told that growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.
Today is a good day.  The rebuilding is finally taking place. The outlook of the future has never looked brighter.  I wish to congratulate everyone on their new endeavors.  Let the new journeys begin.

Victoria steps down singing.

Start spreading the news
I am leaving today
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York

Report Post Tip

congrats to all the family members that moved to other cities and that got Auth hope everything goes well

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chi-Town Spreads Her Wings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL