Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 17:50:39
Page:  1 
Leave the Comfort Zone Started by: Ramza on Jul 31, '15 05:06

Ramza walks forward on the Chicago City Hall steps., glancing over at the other people taking their sweet ass time walking the streets to prepare for their daily ritual at their regular jobs. This discussion was not for them. It was for those who shared Ramza's same passion and interest in the criminal underworld, which at times bleeds into the very streets of these humble citizens. 

"Since creative thinking has been put on blast, I've taken it upon myself to bring a discussion to light and see how much interest it gets. Mere curiosity has indulged me to pick the minds of those who will lend them to me."

Ramza looks away for a moment before he catches everyone's eyes and gives off a fake cough, then gives a quick pose for a nearby camera. After the flash, he turns back to the streets as if nothing ever happened. 

"It's a common discussion to do 'something different', as most people would say. People say this, and they might have ideas that come with it, but it's not very often that these things are sealed in stone, or brought to the streets for that manner. I would like to talk about what YOU would do that would qualify as 'something different'. I'm going to bring up some examples that I found in one of my grandfather's journals and some that come to mind for myself."

He holds a pamphlet at eye level, squinting to read the cursive writing, and written on nearly faded pages. He other hand is positioned right below his chin, giving a childish grin.

"Not going to call my relatives by their names, I don't think it matters. But here I'm reading about a yes vote on a city tax, that wasn't his own. Charging Dons until they had earned their stripes to be Godfather. Wonder how that turned out for him, there isn't much written here besides that it was 'lackluster'. Profitable for a small bit at a time and an instrument of motivation. Not much else written besides some scribble from what I suppose was a lunatic saying 'dead'. Either way, it was something to say the least, I wish my ancestor would've written more about it and I could've share it. 

Next... Closing of a city. My shadow of a relative, who's thoughts were highly outlandish, says that he didn't get a good response from it, but didn't expect it to be a 'fan favorite' as he called it. He claims to have closed a certain city and was proud of it, deeply thinking that he was going to be the shadow to put it in the back of his dark mind. Still not much written besides that, whatever the hell he meant by most of it, he decided to let it be reopened at a later date, drawing his concerns to other things. Darker thoughts as he spiraled to the end. 

Now, this is one that interests even myself. Just a line scribbled on one piece of paper that lays in the back of the journal. 'One year... lockdown', or at least I think it says. Thoughts to lockdown his own city out of self destruction, and isolation for some reason. I think something was haunting him, as I can read through the time periods to see his personality change. No one in, no one out of the city. Highly debatable topic that he wanted to push the limits on. Personally, these things have been tried and done before throughout our history, and in very interesting times. Was it worth it them? To some I'd say, yes. To others, I'd say that it was probably one of the reasons of their demise."

Ramza pauses before the crowd, putting the journal into his back pocket. 

"Enough of the past though. Time to focus on our thoughts for the future. Let's hear some ideas, people. 

I'll even throw out a few of my own to get responses on and get this party started. First of all, do you know what I find absurd? I feel like people opening businesses in someone's city should be a profitable enterprise for both parties. Why the hell should someone be allowed to go into a city and open up a business without having to pay something to person who overlooks all criminal activity in that city? We as mobsters shouldn't allow others to make a living for themselves and gain the positive effects of keeping a business in a city that isn't your own. If I knew another criminal was trying to sell stuff and keep an active company on my turf, why should I not profit from it or benefit from it in some manner as well?

That's the top change I'd like to see implicated. 

I'll even take a step forward and a stand to see this happen, it fully has my support if it can be lifted into place. Realistic benefits for a mutual business agreement on a lump sum of money to be distributed everyday or weekly. Everyone wins and benefits. But... people don't like having to pay for something that they were getting for free to being with, right?

Tough shit. From my point of view at least.

Another one that has been in my mind lately are the sleeping visitors. Insane and off the wall? I would tend to agree with you. Even I can't think of a liable system for the thought either. But my same mindset is in place here as it is with those who set up business free of charge. Why people should be able to sleep in a city under your watchful eye and rest is beyond me. Days. Sometimes weeks, months. Staying in the nearby hotel just right down the block while they entertain themselves in the sights of the city and the activities it has to offer. Too much? Probably. But hey, an idea is better than being a lump on a tree."

Ramza looks around, throwing up hand under his chin. He raises a hand to let others begin speaking.

"So tell me some of your ideas, outlandish or small. What changes do you want to see? Just do me one favor..... MAKE IT ORIGINAL! I don't want the same shit of 'Oh, new people should be authed, there's too many on the ferris wheel'.  Don't feed me 'I'd like to see cities filled ASAP'. Think a little deeper outside the box, if you know what I'm saying. Don't talk about what normally is argued, dig in there for something more creative. Share them with me whether it's absolutely bat-shit crazy, or just a thought."

Report Post Tip

I think you've already touched upon the reality of the problem; originality is easy to preach and actually very difficult to practice. Part of that is the restrictions of our business, some the practicality of survival and others the fact that a lot of things have actually already been done. 

If someone was to introduce a tax on all the operations in their business quarter, then to me, that would just become another cost to be factored in to the venture. If you're in charge of the most popular city with the best tourism and the highest chance of making a buck, then I imagine people would pay for the privilege of opening up there.

In terms of my own aspirations, one thing I wanted to do was offer the opportunity to lead their own family to anyone already doing a substantial amount of work but being unable to get the nod from their boss, for whatever reason. This has seen SammyGato establish his own operation in Bella Vista and I hope more people will follow suit in the future.

I have a number of other plans I'm in the process of ironing out the kinks from before I hopefully bring them to the other Dons for their approval. I suspect they are likely to be a little different to the norm as one such option we have been mulling over in Bella Vista is, in exchange for a small fee, the granting of approval to operate free from familial ties and allow those who choose to remain unsponsored to work for any, all, or no family whatsoever. If they impress whilst doing so, there would be nothing to stop them then seeking the right to open their own headquarters when the time comes.

We'll see. 

Report Post Tip

Memento_Mori clears his throat,

I have a bone to pick with you Mr. Ramza. You promised me CatBug would be in constant pain and treated as a second class citizen when I first decided to follow you and Duplicity to Chicago and you're yet to deliver even a single day of second class treatment or torture. Your other promises also failed to be completed in a timely manner, and yet you have time to come up with original ideas for the general public while you slack off so much for your own family/former associates? How dare you, sir!

Memento_Mori removes his left glove and slaps Ramza with it.

As for your ridiculous discussion I guess I have to take part since I'm here. My first idea is... start a collection pool for demoting CatBug. CatBug is a plague on these streets that should be shot, but seeing as Duplicity won't allow that we should at least get the dirty little bastard demoted. If enough of us pool our money together we can see change, we can see the little bastard demoted!

My second idea is for Duplicity to demote Ramza for failing to kill/demote CatBug by now despite my constant requests in the HQ (Crew Chat) and protests when he's been promoted after promising me things of that nature.

My tertiary idea is to put a paper bag over CatBug's head every time he makes that stupid face. It's ugly and he shouldn't be allowed to disturb the peace/scenery/my eyes. I've already started doing this, I'm just stating it publicly hoping other people will join in.

Death to CatBug, Demotion for Ramza.

Memento_Mori then turns and puts a paper bag over Ramza's head.

Good day to you, sir.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Stocking stops mid step as she was about to pass this creature that was spewing garbage about her beloved CatBug?? Really?? She turned on her heels, intending to give this creature a piece of her mind..

"Who are you to speak such blasphemous words about my CatBug? It is you that should be shot for slandering such a fine upstanding citizen such as CatBug..it's only in your dreams that you could be an 1/8th of what he is you slime sucking roach..Go back under that filthy rock in which you came from"..

Report Post Tip

Your precious CatBug is so annoying I've already received verbal support from two members of the Mafia Community's Upper Structure, as well as getting himself banned from South Side Chicago. Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what you think. He's a fiendish... fiend! and should be treated as such. If I was 1/256 of whatever CatBug is I'd find the closest bus and make sure it squished me. No chance of survival or reproduction.

Also, since you're here you should probably speak on Ramza's stupid subject seeing as you stuck around long enough that you should understand it and decided to speak shortly after his speech.

Death to CatBug!

Report Post Tip

Oblivion emerges from the shadows at the mention of the amazing and supremely talented CatBug.

I demand we hear a rebuttal from Commander CatBug himself! I would also like to state, CatBug will only be permitted to enter North Side, Chicago if he brings a fresh shipment of soft tacos with him. However, I still cannot promise safe passage. DemTitties has stockpiled quite a bit of bug spray. 

Report Post Tip

DemTitties heard Oblivion yelling his name and he knew it wasn't because he was pleasuring himself so he decided to go check it out. Bouncing over to the crowd he listens to what they are talking about and tries to make some sense of it. 

Well it seems that Oblivion forgot one other key thing for you being allowed into North Side, Chicago. Milk jugs, yes I need milk jugs. You see here, Koehler is fairly shitty when it comes to returning the empty milk bottles and I have a lot of customers that want my delicious milk. So if you feel the need to come into North Side I demand that you drop off a dozen milk bottles to my doorstep so Koehler can do his duties of milking me and the Wild one can keep on delivering. We have a business to run here! If you can do that I can promise the bug spray will be kept in storage for the length of your visit. 

Report Post Tip

Avery was horrified as this people gathered to discuss this CatBug situation. Being clueless and naive, she listened and listened till she got the nerve to interject.

Excuse me, excuse me! Hi, I'm curious....what is a CatBug? Should I be afraid, will it harm me?

she paused for a second, chewing on her bottom lip, trying to figure out how to phrase the next question.

Eh, I've never heard of such a thing, but you all are making such a commotion about it. I feel like this could be something that might snatch me up if I'm not careful. I don't like being afraid, please calm my fears!

Report Post Tip

A great speech Don Ramza, I have often thought of ways where we could change things up a little. One I have always thought about was to charge a fee to new members joining the family.

In order to join the syndicate, you have to pay up, maybe 50k or so. In past days this was not so easily done, but with the gods protecting those fresh off the boat more these days, they are left unsponsored for longer periods of time and thus can prove they are hard working by raising the cash and buying their way into the family. We may also push this to the point where we would only allow Earners or above into the family, to ensure that the mobster was pulling their weight, a good way to sift through the abundance of shit we seem to have as of late.

Another idea that's been close to my heart for some time and one that I will hopefully be implementing into CP Industries is a reward scheme for those who want to bring their friends in on a slice of the action. You bring some friends to work for our family? We'll reward you, the higher their rank, the larger the reward, maybe a cut of what their buddy has earned for the family. With this as well as the reward that the gods give, you are set to do quite well.

As for your own ideas Ramza, I found them all to be quite interesting, but the one that stood out for me was charging those who sleep in your city. If you have the power to enforce it I think this is a great idea, why should they be allowed to take cover in your city? Essentially, they are under your protection while there. I also think that depending on the amount of bodyguards you have, it depends on how much you have to cough up. If you have a fuck tonne of body guards, they need a place to crash too and it doesn't come for free. A real nice idea in my opinion and although I might find myself with less money in my pocket because of it, I still feel it's something I would support wholeheartedly as it's a good piece of business and that's what this place is about. Business.

As Credits has mentioned, Bella Vista has a number of ideas to hopefully modernise ourselves and bring fresh and exciting new ways to operate business. With time I hope that these ideas are put into place and are backed by the wider community. Although I don't believe in change for the sake of it, I do believe in bringing creative and innovative new ways of doing business to this thing of ours. I think it's time to freshen things up a little.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Leave the Comfort Zone
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL