Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 01:34:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Future in Paradise Started by: Seph on Jul 31, '15 17:40

Walking the busy streets of Las Vegas he came across an old meeting area near an old pub in the business district, he decided here is where he would make his speech. He couldn’t help but think he was going to need a drink after the recent events taking place in Paradise. Rubbing his temples he then waved over one of his goons and told him to get the message out to have people gather at this place for an announcement. Walking into the pub he headed straight for the bar and asked for a whiskey on the rocks. After having a drink and few words with the tender he noticed people starting to gather in the local pub. Walking up the couple steps on to the small stage, looking around he waves toward the tender for another whiskey…

I stand before you today, a very heart broken man. As some of you might have heard or noticed one of Las Vegas’s leaders is stepping down. The main reason I come before you today is to put aside any rumors that might be floating around. And there is no easy way to say this, as it does weigh heavily on my heart.

Cin will be stepping down, and yes I did ask it of her. With that being said I would like to announce that we had a falling out, and ill leave it at that. I still have just as much respect for her as I ever have. She will always hold place in my heart and that will never change, I just felt this is something that needed to happen after a few disagreements we have had over the past while. This is one of the hardest things ive ever had to do, but I feel its something that needs to be done. Thank you Cin for everything, I will never forget it, I promise.

Waving for the bartender to bring over a coupe more doubles he places them on a small table on a small table along with a cigar and an ash tray…Picking up the cigar he lights it with a flashy zippo and takes a few good hauls off it before he starts to speak again…

With everything that has been going on, I can’t let this sit without there being a light at the end of the tunnel. There have been plans for Paradise to expand and I continue to move forward with that auth. They are a dear friend of mine, and though she has some big shoes to fill I know she will do great in Paradise.

Im a proud to announce that Vanessa-Ives will be setting up in Paradise to continue our influence on our behalf of our organization in this fine district. I know she will hold her own and see us over this bump in the road.

Grabbing the two glasses placed on the small table he hands one over to Vanessa, as he raises his cup..

Congratulations Vanessa-Ives, show the world what you got.

Report Post Tip
Vanessa sat and watched Seph as he addressed the gathered crowd inside the pub. As he finished his speech, Vanessa stood and walked up onto the small stage before taking Seph's hand and shaking it.

"Thank you Mr Seph."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I speak to you this evening with mixed emotions. It deeply saddens me to learn that Cin will be stepping down as her role as head of Paradise. She has been and most definitely will remain a close friend of mine. Over the last number of weeks I have been working at her side here at the House of Logi headquarters and it has been a real privilege. I would like to take this opportunity to thank her for everything she has done for me."

Vanessa paused for a second before taking a sip of her glass of wine.

"Following this, and as you have just heard, Mr Seph has kindly asked me to set up here in Paradise to which I have accepted. It has not been an easy decision however, I would like to grasp this opportunity with both hands and an extremely determined to do the best to my ability to ensure Paradise grows and flourishes under my leadership."

"I would also like to thank Seph for putting his faith in me during these difficult times. I will not let you down."

Vanessa raises her glass.

"Ladies and Genlemen, to the Verbis Diablo!"
Report Post Tip

Raises his glass and joins in on the toast of Paradice

Report Post Tip

If the people you surround yourself with don't disagree with you on things in your position Seph... THEN I would be worried.

Whatever issues you've had with Cin (I'm not privy to this information at all), you should have been able to work through it with her and her with you. For all her ancestors sins, she has been the shining light in Las Vegas and from where I've been stood, your most valuable asset.

You've now swapped your most active mobster, for the hand that was pretty much inactive for all of Cin's reign. Now, I'm sure there are reasons for Vanessa's 'low profile', but from the outside looking in this looks like an absolutely shocking decision.

For all the good I felt about Las Vegas, you've just wiped it away in one fell swoop. I hope you realise what you're doing because I sure as hell do not.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Bearderus-Areleous joins in on this sad but great day with the current news of  Las Vegas's new Paradise head. As Bearderus-Areleous raises his glass to Vanessa-Ives's new success. He gladly says a few words.

"Congrats to you Vanessa-Ives on your journey of Head of Paradise. I know for sure you will guide the district to a well flourishing area to house".

As  Beaderus-Areleous raises his glass to Salute to Vanessa and her new headquarters.

"May your district flourish Mrs. Ives" 

Report Post Tip
Kevin, activity has nothing to do with how one conducts business and handles themselves in the streets, coffee shops , or where ever one may find themselves on these shores. From the outside looking in this was a smart descion, and from the sounds of seph a needed one. I'm not 'privy' to what exactly led to this either but I've heard my birds whisper and many were not fond of Cin or the way she ran her crew, or else they wouldn't have been trying to transfer out to seph and shy throughout her 'reign'. Maybe now it's a swap, but even cin will tell you herself that Vanessa was to be her first auth, so she was going to see bold no matter how 'low' her profile may have been.

Vegas is still in a prime spot with alot of potential in their ranks, and nothing was 'wiped' away. Thank you seph for informing us on what has went down, to an extent of course, and most importantly congratz to you miss Ives, I hope paradise now has a chance to flourish under you.
Report Post Tip

Mr Zapponi, I am not one to argue in the Streets here but it seems your birds like to chirp loads of crap. I was one who was highly interested in the authing of Miss Cin and so much so that I took pride in seeing how her family was going, how she was doing, and I can simply tell you there was nobody who wanted to move except one person, and that one person also took interest in moving outer city and it had nothing to do with Miss Cin so much to the point that just days prior he said she was an amazing leader.

Now I understand where we are standing right now here in these Streets and anything can basically be said as long as it is not out of line, but to come out here and attempt to trash the run of one of my friends who did an outstanding job as a Leader witnessed by the whole world and proven by the masses based on what I have seen said by them is outrageous. I think you should think before you speak as you would not like someone to trash you in the same regards especially when you know not a damn thing about said person.

Report Post Tip

Kevin, activity has nothing to do with how one conducts business and handles themselves in the streets, coffee shops , or where ever one may find themselves on these shores

Pardon my french sir, but what in the dickens are you even saying? Do you have a clue? Or are you rambling to just ramble. Pause sir, breathe, and think about what you're saying.

Activity determines nearly everything. If you're not active, you're conducting deals, greasing hands, or even getting to know ones family. If you're not about, you're not leading.

Report Post Tip

Eh, so we let people retire now?

Christ, this place has deteriorated.  What ever happened to blood in, blood out?

Report Post Tip

Perhaps you have had the pleasure of working with Cin lately Al, but (as you can see) other people have and do not have any problems with Cin being in a bold suit. I'd even heard through the grapevine that many who had previously had bad experiences with Cin's bloodline had 'buried the hatchet' with her recently due to her seemingly 'turn for the better'... some even from your own city.

If you think activity has nothing to do with a place in our world then I believe you to be sorely mistaken and a fool. When dealing with problems, activity is a must. Nobody needs to be waiting around for authorisation for something if another mobster is running round with a loaded gun. If problems like those aren't solved efficently then that city is likely to meet it's demise fairly quickly in this day and age. 

I do realise Vanessa's bloodline is usually of the more active and that's why I didn't dwell on the point too much, however this incarnation has not been... that looks bad to anyone 'not in the know' so-to-speak.

Report Post Tip

I am happy for you and LV to be given this opportunity, you will make LV proud.

Report Post Tip

Chucky walks into the pub and the mood is difficult to describe.  There seems to be a catharsis happening.  There's somberness, happiness, regret, hope and perhaps even a bit of fear in the air.  Chucky checks in with some of the goombas to get updated on the situation and hears of some of the words spoken.

"A very difficult decision indeed.  I can empathize with nearly everyone in here to a certain level.  Seph - Your reasons don't need to be dragged through the streets as Las Vegas is yours to do as you please, and furthermore - Cin deserves better than any speculation that may be going on here.  What I can't understand or even accept is how people think that they can walk into this pub and dictate how a Don SHOULD be running his city.  It's his right to make choices as he sees fit and it's disrespectful to question them without knowing all the facts - and that's about all I have to say about that.  Vanessa - I wish you the best in Paradise and it's my hope that you flourish there.  Long live Las Vegas!!"  

Chucky raises a stein of beer in the air and takes a long drink in Vanessa'a honour before he tips his fedora to the crowd and walks out of the pub to continue conducting his business.

Report Post Tip

It's totally upto Seph how he runs his city chucky, there's no doubt in that. 

Just like it's totally upto me whether I voice my opinion on a subject too. Don't like it? Lump it. Seph can choose to ignore or respond to my comments, that's entirely your choice also. But don't tell me I can't have an opinion, because I'll just tell you to piss off.

Report Post Tip
Well eredin if you have so much interest in her as bold then go ahead and auth her, you have the turf to do so my good sir. My birds do not chirp 'crap' they chirp their opinions and their opinions were and are still that she just wasn't the person for the job. Maybe we are talking about two different members, because the one I'm talking about had a long convo with me where s/he was still looking to be close to their friends in LV, s/he just didnt know what s/he was getting themselves into when they joined, which yes some may say that's on them but s/he jumped there right after the fall of their family and was on a train to her hq with many others s/he had worked with prior. I'm sure we have all been in their shoes once before as it happens. To clarify no it wasnt just the one that wanted to transfer, the others i had heard from were just keeping quite until paradise expanded and they could move to the expansion family.

It seems you Avery just happened to have misread what I had said, so let me clear this up for you, ones activity has nothing to do with how they handle THEMSELVES around the shore. She was insanely high, or maybe her activity was, both are good. Though all the activity in the world doesn't effect how one acts and converses with others.

Also if they are not active how are they conducting deals and greasing palms. Sir do you even know what you're saying as that sounds like one hell of a magic trick, maybe one day you can teach me it.

Is this the same grapevine that told Nightcall that Chicago was going to wipe out LA right after whore fell and Lancelot took up arms? If so I'd start talking to birds as they atleast are more accurate on their own accounts instead of some rumour one might be throwing out there to cause a stir in the tide. All men are knights, and all men are fools, you and I Mr Owens are not exclude from that saying even if you hold a water pistol, not saying you do though I'd refer you back to the above where I restated what I had said for those of you that read and automatically took up an opinion without clearly reading what was stated, it happens we all do it especially as words are being thrown and conversations heating up.

That sums up all I have to say on the matter, best of luck cin wherever you land, and if anyone else has anything more to add, criticize, or insult then I'll be around. Good day.
Report Post Tip

It is funny that you say that Mr Zapponi seeing as when asked to step down not a single member had anything bad to say about her, at least not to her face, so it appears said member is more so a coward hiding his true feelings while talking trash about her behind her back. This is not a member I would want anyways so had Miss Cin stayed up perhaps it was best for her to let them leave regardless.

So I guess since you think she could not lead well and probably deserves to be told to step down, then you have your secretive friend coward guy who also thinks the same, I suppose two people who think she did a bad job out of the thirty that think she did great is not a bad number, especially given that those who have said she did great are kin of illustrious bloodlines, I would take that as a win for Cin.

You can keep arguing if you like but I know the truth and so does the rest of anyone who paid attention to what Cin was doing, so I am going to stop wasting my time here and move on now.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

To me it looked like Cin was doing well, both in filling her family and being around to conduct business. I am not privy to insider information about Vegas though, but I don't believe Seph is one radically change the structure of his city without good reason. A shame that Cin's run as a leader will be cut short so soon, but nevertheless I believe in a strong development and growth of Las Vegas.

Al-Zapponi, you're free to voice your opinions, but then again I don't think it is your place to besmear Cin's leadership abilities so openly and bluntly either, whatever your birds may chirp.

Report Post Tip

We can hear what you said Al, please don't be so patronising to say we didn't. 

As I explained Al, as far as myself and a lot of others were concerned she has conducted herself better than most mobsters from any city. I've asked around and there doesn't seem to be many people who had a problem with Cin, apart from those whom held a grudge previously for whatever reason.  

As we've agreed, we are not privy to the information behind this move. However, I've continued to talk to people away from the streets since Seph made his speech and am yet to find a serious complaint from anyone. Therefore, there is a high possibility that this was an internal difference of opinions which could and should have been resolved without the need for disbanding a whole family, whose leader has been a good example of what our world needs after such a devastating war.

Seph has made it sound like it was a difference of opinion that caused this. Differing opinions are what keeps everyone on their toes. If everyone agrees on everything then something is wrong. From my viewpoint, this could and should have been resolved without the need for disbanding an enter family, whose leader has been a good example of what our world needs after such a devastating war from the people I've spoken to about it

Ying.. yang. Y'know?

Report Post Tip

I wish I was less high sometimes.

Report Post Tip

Diavolo hears many people shouting and yelling about his old boss and decides to chime in a little.

"I was one of the members of The House of Logi under Cin, and I for one as well as many of my lovely family members did NOT want out of the family. We were happy there and enjoyed the family very much! So whoever has said Cin wasn't doing her job and her people wanted out, wrong. I really agree with a lot that Mr.Owens has said here today, I do not know why Seph would auth Vanessa with her level of activity. Shit I was questioning Cin for doing the same thing, but at the end of the day. They rule. Seph's word is law within the bounds of Las Vegas."

"With this being said I will follow that law and I will abide by them, I will fall in line under Seph, and I will fall when it is Vegas' time until then.. well looks like all you nay sayers just have to 'lump it'."

Diavolo chuckles and takes his place.

Report Post Tip

Leave my ying yang out of this bud.

How come you heard what I said yet still couldn't address it? Instead you chose to simply restate what Avery said but you had to add that I'm a fool, while he was able to just imply it.

Now I hear you, and I see where you're coming from but obviously the fact it couldn't be resolved internally says there's a lot more to it than just a difference of opinion, or maybe that difference of opinion isn't on what direction LV should be headed into but over other matters such as family or attitude or who knows but the gods themselves and those involved. Seph's a smart man with tons of experience around these shores, holding GF and CL before, I can't at all imagine this was over something petty that couldn't have been solved/fixed or else we wouldn't be here now going back and forth like a rap group.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Future in Paradise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL