Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 04:35:34
Page:  1 
Affirm someone Started by: Gatsby on Aug 16, '15 22:37

So, i have never tried this with you all and just thinking it might be cool. There is a book called the 5 love languages. It talks about how people will best give and receive love in one of five ways. 

1. Touch
  2. Words/Affirmation
  3. Gifts
  4. Quality Time
  5. Acts of Service

With that in mind, i thought it would be cool to do something a little different. A shout out is a term used to give someone props or credit or just kind of say, yeah you're pretty freaking cool. I don't know how often we do this in individual conversation but it might be good to receive a shout out from someone. Its always nice to know other people care about you too. So with that in mind this is how an affirmation works.

Affirm the person. Do not downplay yourself or speak higher about yourself. It is about them as a person not their achievements. Tag the person so they can see. Remember its about the person not you. One person per post. No limit on persons or posts. Do not write "Youre Cool" that is a cop out and unfair. 

I just want to be clear. One of the biggest reasons most of us play this game is due to the relationships we establish here. So even though it is not directly linked to the game it is a link to the biggest part of the game...Philosophy. I also thought it would be best OOC because there are so many people here who have touched my life outside this game that in just a year i would never know how close i would be to some of you!

So ill make the first post as an example. If you need help on how to 'affirm' another ill help out :)  

Report Post Tip

I want to affirm Warrior. I am not too sure where he is right now but i think i have learned so much from him as a person. The way he leads is extremely intentional and very pastoral with his members. He always took time to respond to members mail before other crew leaders. I enjoyed how personable you are and the fact that you honestly made time for anyone and everyone. You allowed me into your personal life and get to know you as a friend and i will always be thankful for that. You are very good at encouraging others and letting them know that their best is not yet reached. You know how to look someone in the eye and let them know they are worth your time. I am very grateful to know you as a friend and to have you as a brother. 

Report Post Tip

Let me go ahead and say you Gatsby have been a surprise about the kind of people that can be found in this game

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Affirm someone
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL