Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 20:35:38
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Chicago's North Side Kat House Started by: Katharina on Aug 18, '15 21:13

The time was around 7 pm when taxi cabs drove up the street to a large, gated house located on the middle of the block in a nicer neighborhood in North Chicago. Women from all walks of life, yet young in their adult age would exit them, and move towards the open gates, or walk up from down the block from each direction towards the address 1169. Lanterns lined the walk way leading up the path to the fully lit three stories house itself. The wrap around porch already held the graceful bodies of ladies mingling, and wondering just what this party was all about.

Each woman had received an invitation either while they had been on duty on the streets, or while back behind stage. Discreet exchanges and the cards had been given either by her body guards, or through her CA and his associates. Several weeks is the time it had taken to prepare this special evening of events. Some of the women knew each other, and came together in small groups while others arrived looking down at the cards to ensure they had the address correct. At the front gates, a sign had been hung with the words, "Dream Theater."

Entering the front doors opened up into a grand entryway where one side lead into a large parlor, and the other into a formal dining area. Straight was the master stairwell leading to the second and third floors. The women had been greeted by caterers with drinks and h'ordeurves. Music was playing, and they all were buzzing about when the night would commence. After all, the theme had been mafiosi, and they had all dressed their part. All in all, there were about forty women invited.

Suddenly, the music comes to a screeching halt, and from above sounds like a gun shot! Then, a door slams and feet start clambering down the stairs so fast. Some of the women look rather nervous, and glance around at the others to see what they might do while a few clutch their blouses towards their necks, and hold their glasses closer to themselves. A few brave ones start glancing up the stair case where Katharina is hurrying herself down them as fast as her legs could carry her. 

She was wearing a rather risque corset outfit with leggings that strapped to the bottom. A robe was worn across her shoulders, and flew behind her as heels sound loudly carrying her down to about mid way towards the first floor. It was then she looks up, and stops as if discovering all these women for the first time. Kat gasps with wide eyes, and takes this moment to catch her breath as they all get a good look at her. Two men in suits follow her down calm as can be, and a few women even point up at her. It was then that Katharina smiles broadly, and in a welcoming gesture bows before them. There was silence before the clapping begins. She waits until it dies down.

"Good evening ladies, and welcome to what could very well be your new home.... Did you enjoy the spectacle?"

Kat asks them as one of her bodyguards hands her a long robe for her to ease her arms into, which she pulls around herself, and straps the belt closed neatly. She looks at each of their faces in turn.

"You may all be wondering why I have brought you here this night. Why I pulled you away from your nights of earning meager money in your shit jobs... either on the streets, or on a stage where you could be busted by a copper, or some john who beats you for no reason he wants to come up with?"

Katharina smiles as she looks at the women ensuring they make eye contact with her. She was one of the most beautiful of them, and she knew it. 

"Now, the risk is just as great if not greater. The excitement is high, the pay is higher. There are going to be fun times, and there will be violence. If this is not something for you I tell you... GO! Walk straight out the door you came in to this very same night. However... remember it was I who brought you here. I know where you work. I know who you work for, and you bet your pretty pert asses I know where you live."

Kat beings to take one step at a time down until she is among them and moves through them as they gather closer to hear her speak.

"I brought you here to this place to offer you safety. Comfort. Friendship. But most importantly... a way to make money the best way you know how. I've chosen each and every one of you carefully. Watched you over the past weeks, and saw not only opportunity but potential in you. So what is the job you ask?"

Kat moves to the middle and takes the stem of a champagne glass and holds it out in front of her.

"Why entertain the mafia of course.... Those who hold the real money in this town."

Report Post Tip

It didn't take long for the words of a 'Cat House in Chicago' to make their way to the ears of TLM. Not that TLM was a perverted man, oh no on the contrary, however he did enjoy the company of a lady every now and again. He preferred intellectual conversations and that was hard to come by these days. Most of the time the people he would converse with were either too starstruck by who they were talking to, or they would ramble on and on about how big their penises were. Or egos. Whatever, same thing. Thus if given the opportunity to have a chat with a lovely lady of the night and discuss politics, culture and fine dining, there is no doubt that he would fork out some cash for the chance.

Hopping on the first plane to North Side, TLM took a taxi towards this festive location. The night air was cool, but not too cold. However as part of his appearance he donned his large coat, covering most of his body and even the majority of his face. Because really... you can never be too careful, and the streets are often a place of rumors. Best to be safe.

TLM stopped at the gate to the establishment and waited patiently for someone to let him in. 

Report Post Tip

The word had indeed spread fast, like brush fire on a dry summer day in August. Discretion was paramount in this house as the girls who had settled here and became working on the books knew about the protocol. Katharina drilled into them daily as well the body guards she'd hired to protect them. There was a specially trained one on the premises, lurking where a very rare eye could ever catch a glimpse. It was all for their protection, the girls and the clients. 

Laughing_Man was quickly brought into the house and greeted by a rather well dressed woman who held an air of sophistication and ease about her. While she makes to greet him, a man in a suit offers to take his coat. He was definitely armed. There was music and sounds of laughter behind closed doors, each on the side of the parlor and on the side of the dinning room. Any noises from the floors above could barely be heard. The woman's smile is both warm and welcoming to TLM.

"Good evening, Sir. My name is Susan and am the hostess of this house. Would you care for something to drink before we discuss you choice of companions for the evening? If you would like to come further inside to my office..."

Her hand lifts and motions to an open door just off to the side of the grand staircase, a means to offer them privacy to cater to each of their requests.

Report Post Tip

TLM allows the man to take his coat, whilst simply popping the collar of his button down. Following the woman into her office TLM takes a read of the area, watching everyone and noticing everything. This place was large, really large. The decor' and the presentation was somewhat of a spectacle to behold, and TLM could only imagine what awaited deeper inside. A place this lavish must have its' secrets. Taking mental notes, he turns back to this Susan.

"Water. Perhaps with a hint of lemon?" He smiles, "That would be lovely."

Report Post Tip

Susan snaps her fingers and instantly a woman seems to shift into motion from a doorway towards the rear where a drink is prepared for TLM exactly as he had stated: water, with a small slice of lemon that had been gently squeezed before being draped onto the edge of the glass. She shows him into an adequately sized room where a comfortable chair awaited him on the other side of Katharina's desk. It was where the real proprietor sat looking down over a ledger. Once Laughing_Man enters, her eyes lift up and she looks over the man carefully to his shoes, the cut of his clothes and the detail of his hands before she smiles and offers him the chair across from her. Susan closes the door behind him.

"Good evening. My name is Katharina and welcome to my 'home.' Well... I take it you have come for entertainment? Tell me a bit about yourself and what is it you seek and I will see who it is that might best suit you, hm? Then, after you decide should you wish... "

Kat slowly smiles as she reaches up to lift a piece of paper and lays it down before him entailing all the details he would need to know about discretion and responsibility on their part and on his... disclaimers before anything would ever get started. She was no fool and nor would she take any of her clients for such either. 

Report Post Tip

TLM takes the glass of water with the perfect placed lemon, and takes a sip before sitting down in the armchair. It was quite comfortable indeed. The entire place had a feeling of comfort, for whatever that means to the individual. Before beginning, TLM reached down to pick at a water stain on his shoe. For being a fairly carefree person, he was specific about his appearance.

"It is a rather nice evening, isn't it?" He states. "Katharina, it is very nice to meet you. Your home is quite lovely, I must say."

He takes another sip of his water. "I am known as the Laughing_Man in many circles, but to my friends I go by Polo. I felt this was worth noting because you seem like someone I will come to know as a friend soon." Another sip. He adjusts himself, and continues. "And I suppose now I should tell you about my needs? My personal comforts? Well, I'm not sure if you have what I'm looking for..."

TLM looks down at the water, the condensation forming a watery ring on the desk. Should have had a coaster, he thought.

"I'm not looking for a sexual experience. However I'm sure some can derive sexual pleasure from this specific thing, but that is another conversation entirely, preferably discussed over absinthe and reefer. No no... I'm seeking
 an incisive, inquisitive, insightful, irreverent mind. I want someone for whom philosophical discussion is foreplay. I want someone who sometimes makes me go ouch due to their wit and evil sense of humor. I want someone that I can reach out and touch randomly. I want someone I can cuddle with, share our deepest fears and our widlest fantasies, and perhaps then and only then we see where it goes."

TLM smiles shyly. "I have decided all that means that I am sapiosexual." He folds his hands awkwardly over his lap. "Do you think you can find me something?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

"I have decided all that means that I am sapiosexual."  This was something Katharina had not expected to hear crossing a man's lips within her Kat House. A sculptured brow lifts as she leans back within the plush chair and she rests a delicate hand upon the arm rest. The man across the desk was by far a more interesting client than one would admit. Observance within a few quick blinks tells her several things and her mind begins to blur with thoughts. 

"This may or may not surprise you, Polo... But what I seek to offer here, isn't what most would consider at a normal establishment that warrants stereotypical reputations or rumors. Entertainment comes in a variety of shades and that is precisely what I deal in. I have heard of your particular... flavor of appetite. Mentality at its finest."

Katharina's mouth curves into one of her rare smiles, lips parting only slightly and the mood of such reaches all the way up to her eyes. She slowly rises into a standing position and leans a hand to the forefront of her corset, the other smooths the front of her tailored skirt. 

"There is a girl I have in mind for you, although I do warn you. If she says no, there is nothing more I can do for you. Shall we?"

Report Post Tip

TLM watched her reaction to his words. He wasn't expecting to be denied, however the way she answered his question was in good form. It's true that what he sought was not normally requested, but as he believed that this Katharina was not your average businesswoman, he awaited the opportunity to dive a little deeper.

"All I ask is you introduce me. I'd never want to impose on anyone, regardless of whether or not I'm paying for it." He smiles, rising to his feet to join her. "And if not her, perhaps you."

TLM chuckled softly. "Lead the way."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Katharina had moved towards the doorway and off to the side that he might move past it before her when his last words reach her. She lifts her eyes quickly to his face before exiting her office to the expanse of the entryway where Susan awaits. The sliding door off the parlor opens and loud sounds of music and laughter come pouring out before a woman, dressed in a risque yet tasteful french maid outfit, exits with a tray full of empty glasses and a filled ashtray. The woman looks over at them and quickly while closing the door before she moves along to the hallway towards the kitchens, with but a smile leaving in her wake. Katharina turns to Polo to speak once she is gone.

"I am about to lead you downstairs, for she is some one who enjoys her privacy away from the distractions of the merriment of what goes on above ground. Is that a problem? Oh... and as for what you said just a moment ago."

A bemused smile crosses upon those lines of her mouth again as they part into a smile and Katharina takes a step closer to him that she might speak more quietly for his ears to pick up and no others.

"I will not insult you by stating I am not on the payroll here... however, just the same... I am not available."

Having stated thus, Kat moves past him directly across in front and towards the staircase and beneath it where a doorway was nearly hidden. She reaches into the top of her corset and plucks forth a key, to which she glances over to Polo and gives him a wink. They key gets placed into a slot and turns a hefty lock. Kat grips the door handle and twists her wrist before tugging some onto the door to get it to open. When it swings forward, he would observe it was rather well solidified. The doorway beyond her is rather dark. Kat arches a brow towards him.

"Shall we?"

Report Post Tip

The maiden was quite a pleasant surprise. TLM knew that there were others in this place that had varying appetites, but this was one of the first times he saw one of these women before, especially in an outfit like that. He was so focused on the detailing of the outfit that he forgot where he was.

""I will not insult you by stating I am not on the payroll here... however, just the same... I am not available.""

This rose a brow on TLM and brought him back to the conversation at hand. He casually cracked a smile as he went over the various responses he could make. Alas he settled on the easier route. "It was but a question, Ms. Katharina, and I of course mean nothing by it. At least not in a rude way. I'm sure this woman you speak of downstairs will be the perfect companion. I trust your judgement on the matter." With a nod, he continued. "I'm very eager to meet this person. It's not everyday I get to match wits with another."

Following Katharina towards the doorway he found himself getting colder. Perhaps it was because the location for this specific specimen was underground, but it was somewhat refreshing. 

"We shall." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Katharina finds herself relaxing inwardly, knowing now they might not have a problem with him. She is also pleasantly surprised he was daring enough to take the bait and be daring enough to walk the dark hallway down the stairs to the lair below. There had been three others having shown their interests for a trip down below. However when a dark doorway leading down into a basement gets shown, for some reason their appetites always change.  

"I will follow you down and introduce you. There is a light down below, go ahead. I suggest you take the lead in the conversation."

Kat gives him the subtle hint as she awaits for him to enter and begin the descent. Once he does enter, she closesthe door and pulls the latch. The key goes back into the underside top of her corset. The staircase is but twenty steps into a widened room that foretold what might go on for special sessions at higher prices. A dungeon have you. Katharina steps forward swiftly to lead down a dimly light hallway towards what would be the rear of the house above.

From there, Katharina reaches more stairs but turns to the door on the right and pauses to give TLM a glance and a reassuring smile. A slender hand curls into a fist where Kat raps lightly onto the door and waits for the sounds from inside. She leans into it to listen more closely. A small shuffle and the sliding of a chair before small footsteps that approach the door and unlock the latch. Katharina was rather surprised that the woman inside would want company tonight, but it mean that perhaps TLM as in luck. Her hand lowers to turn the doorknob and swing open to cast the hallway with a sudden flooding of bright light.

"Good evening my dear, there is a gentleman who would like to visit and converse with you this even. Are you up for it?"

Katharina opens the door wider but does not enter and motions with her hand for TLM to enter. Inside is a young woman of slender build, sitting upon a chair and pouring over a charcoal sketch she has been working on. Her brunette hair has been curled but pulled back and half braided and she has been placed in a dress that certainly fits her figure but she wears a smock as not to smear it with the black fingertips of her work. Her skin is fair and looks soft to the touch, marred however by thoughtless smudging on one cheek. Her doe like eyes glance over quickly to the man standing there and then back at the canvas before she gives her employer a swift nod.

"Well, then Polo... I give you Celeste. Do enjoy your evening. There will be a man stationed in the hallway should either of you need anything and I warn you... do not underestimate her?"

Katharina gives him one last wink before she swiftly turns on a heel and moves off towards upstairs where she needed to get back to her work. She did secretly envy the conversation about to be had. It made her long for her own... perhaps tomorrow night she would be sent for.

Report Post Tip

The setting was an interesting location for a conversation, he thought. Perhaps Katharina was right in placing her far enough away from the commotion above, secluded in her own lair in silence. This was good for her. A person with a racing mind needs a quiet environment to allow the racing to make sense, a thought process which pained the dreamers and those of a chattered mind. TLM was used to this. Not a day went by where his mind wasn't racing with scenarios of what could be, a various trial and error in decision making even before any words were spoken. A tactful nature in which allowed him to never sleep peaceful, but rather keep him awake with the possibilities of what could be.

TLM studied the woman. Each stroke of her hand as she drew her portrait. The very movement of her hand told a story that could become a memoir. He could only imagine what she envisioned for herself in the future, if this life that she lived was what she truly wished it to be. Perhaps the braiding of her hair was the only thing that gave her purpose every morning, or perhaps it was nothing of that sort. Maybe she was happy here. Perhaps she waited day in and day out for a man like him to come down and treat her with the respect she deserved. Maybe she wanted a companion who could share a true battle of wits. Or maybe she just wanted company. He didn't know yet. For this was the first time he was meeting her, but all these thoughts clouded his judgement.

For TLM wasn't a normal individual. He didn't carry a gun with him, but rather kept a small notepad in his coat pocket for various scribbles and thoughts that came to him throughout the day. He allowed his black hair to hang long, long enough to cover his ears, but not long enough to reach his shoulders. It made a lovely contrast against his bright green eyes, which seemed to change in various lights. His pale skin allowed all these features to pop even more. His smile, while slightly crooked if you were to compare him to a model, made him unique. However when meeting him, and conversing with him a sense of calm came over you, for his intentions were pure, and his morals were good. At least from what you could tell.

After following Katharina down the long staircase to what seemed like a level of Hell, he spoke up.

"I will not underestimate anyone." He took a step towards the woman. "Celeste, is it? It is a privilege to meet you. I have heard nothing but the best about you.:

Report Post Tip

The door closes and they are left entirely alone. Celeste glances to the side and downward as TLM addresses to her. At the mention of hearing of her, the woman seems to scoff at the notion and lifts a hand to the sheet of paper pinned to the canvas and carefully brings the broken chunk she holds in a downward stroke. Her head tilts as if to follow in the direction of her hand as it flows.

Sit, please.

Her accent is foreign, not quite italian but not french either. While she waits for him to do such, her hand stops to relax within her lap. Her legs shift to the side of her chair and the heels of her shoes drag along the floor until they come to a stop. Her eyes behold him with full measure and weigh his clothes and his personal mannerisms. She notices how he keeps his hair slightly longer than most men yet his hands are impeccable, save the indent on the one finger that tells her he likes to write. This gives her some encouragement but makes her ponder many things.

Sit, it makes me nervous if you do not.

Report Post Tip

With the door closing, TLM's guard dropped slightly. For some reason unbeknownst to him, he felt comfortable here. Perhaps it was the cool air of the basement, or the fact that this room was cut off from the rest of the world. For all he knew he was in another dimension, alone with a woman who is said to be worth his time, and he worth hers. 

"As you wish, Celeste." ​He follows her instructions to a T, as he sits, keeping his eyes on her the entire time, smiling as he does so. He doesn't want to make her nervous. 

"So what are you working on, if you don't mind me asking?"

TLM leans in slightly, studying the woman. Her accent was unique, but he could not place it exactly, but he knew it wasn't from Chicago. She was pretty, in a different want. TLM enjoyed this, for there were too many of the same these days.

Report Post Tip

"You may ask but perhaps you might take a look at it first before doing such?"

Celeste poses the challenge to him directly and immediately as her eyes focus on his face, the features and contours as he moves to sit within her room. She notices the small muscles of his cheeks around his temples adjust as he relaxes and this in turn allows the same for herself. The soft fawn brown velvet heels upon her feet shift and cross along the floor before resting still again. Fingertips roll the dark piece of burnt wood within them over and around as she allows him a moment to glance at her work.

The paper was a work of chaos where thoughts and visions intermingled and clashed all and one pivotal moment. A crow with flames for eyes, diving towards a little girl standing near a fire hydrant holding an ice cream cone in one hand and a balloon in another, who is gazing at an apartment building with a mural of a black jazz band playing along its side. There is a river flowing where the street should be and within the water current are all sorts of urban motifs. All depicting cultural references of their city in the modern day from faces of the upcoming singers to liberal speakers.

Everything is raw, nothing holds perfect detail as she seems to have smudged such on purpose.

"What is your name? I don't mean your full name... what do you like to be called?"

Report Post Tip

"You may ask but perhaps you might take a look at it first before doing such?"

TLM didn't reply. Instead he took this moment to move closer to her, looking over her shoulder at the work she has produced. It was a beautiful mess of color and reference. The symbolism of the art was easy to catch on, but the way she went about it was somewhat new to him. As if this was the way she viewed herself. A collection of figures, feelings, depictions that have all influenced her, as much as they have influenced the city that she lived in. She and her city were connected, she held love for it but respected those that came before and those that came after. Then again, this was merely TLM's viewpoint on the matter. He wasn't the type of person who went to art galleries; the kind of person who would stand and mull over a painting of a soup can and discuss how it reflects upon the lower class. However this piece, for the chaotic beauty it was, was a mirror of the woman that sat before him. Her own variation of an autobiographical self-portrait. He could stare at this for hours and even after all that time has passed still probably wouldn't quite get it. But he would try.

After a few moments had passed, he looked over to her.

"My name is Jonathan. Jonathan Polo, however due to my enjoyment for wit I have been given the name 'Laughing_Man'. Ironic, because I rarely laugh. You know how these nicknames go..."

Report Post Tip

Celeste leans to take in a slow inhale and take in this man's scent as he reviews her work. Each man holds such different habits, their daily personal routines and affairs always left lingering smells that allowed her to distinguish the men from the boys, the players from the big shots. Does he bathe daily? Did he change his shirt before coming here or is it a long day that drew him to their steps? Did he use aftershave? Cologne? Or did he simply go with the soap he used... Celeste catches herself in all her thoughts as his voice brings her back to the present moment when he tells her his name. It was not what she wanted, never what she wanted for now she would be haunted by it when she dreamed later that night. If she sleeps...

"Laughter is the music of the soul. Tell me why you do not laugh? For I find it hard to find much amusement around me lately as well."

She manages to give him a small smile to encourage that informs him she is rather eager to hear what he has to say.

Report Post Tip

TLM was a man of routine. Something he rarely broke. Every morning he would wake up at 7:30am. He would shower every morning at 7:35am, giving himself ample time to soap, shampoo, and condition. He would brush his teeth in the shower to save time. Flossing was to be done as he got dressed. A clean black button up, dark grey dress pants and shining black dress shoes, topping it off with a spritz of cologne. After he checked himself in the mirror 10 times, due to his self-esteem, he would make his way to his 'day job', at the Agency, where his boss would give him tasks to do throughout the day. Busy work, he would call it. No purpose. No reward. Well, besides the paycheck. 

After his day job, he would make his way over to the club house, and converse with his fellow Mafiosos, however it was more or less small talk. This place was run similarly to his agency job, however he enjoyed this place more. For here he was someone. When his day boss would nod to him, he could care less, but when Mr. Gato nodded to him he knew he was being rewarded. He enjoyed the club house, and he enjoyed his family. But behind the smile and the happiness was something more, was a deep desire to be someone, do to something greater. His ambition often got the better of him. He got that from his father.

"I suppose I lied. I do laugh, but it's not true laughter. I laugh to reassure others that they are funny, or to inform them that I am happy." TLM breathed out a smirk, his nostrils moving slightly. "I like to know that other people are happy. I like to know that they are enjoying themselves, even if its at the cost of me." TLM sighs, looking down. "I probably shouldn't be letting that all out just yet. You're not a therapist."

Report Post Tip

He is a giver. Celeste turns back towards the canvas as she begins to slide a hand down her shirt and curls her fingers into the fabric until her nails disappear into making a fist. She pulls her hand upwards, drawing her skirt up high on her thighs. The tip of a knife hilt is revealed in its thigh sheath and she pulls it forth cleanly with a single motion. Celeste casts him a glance over a shoulder before she take the tip of the knife and slashes her sketch in an 'x' pattern with no regard, no mercy and certainly no care.

"No, but you came to me for something. So tell me... what shall we talk about? How would you like me to entertain you this night?"

She allows the knife to clamor to the floor with a loud clashing sound, creating such a contrast to that of her voice. It causes her pupils to dilate and the hairs on her skin to lift a little. Celeste takes in a swift breath that presses her chest to the front of her dress that peers out from the v-neck of her smock.

"Ambitions? Philosophy? A dream you've had? Don't bore me with politics... and I am not talking about your family ones. Those can be interesting if that."

Report Post Tip

TLM watches her closely. Each movement is calculated, with it's own reasoning. There was not a single thing she did or say that didn't have motivations or curiosities of her own. Or maybe he was projecting himself unto her. Maybe this was one of the few times, like he, that he wasn't trying to impress anything or anyone. A place where the guard was let down, fully. He could hope.

"Ambitions? Well I could give the answer every other person in my line of work gives." TLM straights up an imaginary tie, and dusts off his shoulders, mocking the normal mafioso, accent included, "I live and die for the Family."

He looks at her, and before she has time to respond he interjects, with his normal voice. "I suppose like anyone, I'd like to have a long life. I'd like to do good in this world, while I can." He walks back over to the wooden chair, across from Celeste, and sits. "But I do want one thing." He reaches into his coat pocket, which is now hanging over the edge of the chair, and pulls out a small notebook. He flips through it. Page after page of various notes and scribbles. Paragraphs of short stories and interviews. A catalog of the rich and famous, and the poor and downtrodden.  "A story of my own."

"I don't care if I die tomorrow, or I live long enough to see my grandkids have kids. But I want to leave behind a worth while story."

TLM smiles softly, closing the notebook and looking to Celeste. "What about you? What do you want?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chicago's North Side Kat House
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL