Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:26:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Mute Society Started by: Rowlf on Aug 29, '15 20:51
Thank you for setting the bar so high that no one will ever hope to reach it.
Report Post Tip

Duplicity looked at the guy and frowned. She shook her head and then thought to herself, 'Should have known this is what would sprout from LA. The guy was like someone in an alcoholic meeting. 'Hi guys, I'm an alcoholic.' Yet, she felt disappointed in herself that she expected more from those in LA.

"If this is what a new leader from LA has to say, then I already expect very little from them. I see people find short and sweet to be nice, but one would think far more work went into what you accomplished. This was just sad, in my opinion."

Report Post Tip

My thoughts too Don Duplicity upon hearing this "announcement." I must say your words are considerably kinder then mine though on the topic. 

Way to reaffirm what everyone expects from this this city Rowlf - few lulz and a whole lot of nothingness. 

Report Post Tip

Steampunk stopped to listen to Rowlfs unusually short announcement and then spoke amongst friends. 

I looked at it totally different. I assumed the announcement was short because he is leading The Mute Society. He must be doing something right, he's recruited quite a few in less than a 24 hour period. Regardless, time is the fairest and toughest judge. Let's see what the future holds. I wish him the best of luck, the task before him is not an easy one.

Report Post Tip
Steampunk took the words right out of my mouth. As leader of the Mute society I think he did awesome.
Report Post Tip

I for one wish you luck old sport. I like others who have much rather preferred you to come out and say an entire speech on the failures and accomplishments of your LA life. For that is what we do normally when a leader sets up.

But what you have done is not normal. It is not normal for a man to come to a city and make his way by his own means. It is not normal for a man to come out here in this city and all of a sudden find a home on his own. So, kudos to you old sport. 

I do hope you learn to adapt as a leader and see that what is wanted from you is more than the bare minimal. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations about the family Rowlf and hope you have a long and prosperous life in Los Angeles.

Really good see Los Angeles growing again.

Nefertari slides a pretty gift and return to her lovely home city.

Report Post Tip

Duplicity looked to Steampunk and nodded.

"I do agree a 'Mute' society wouldn't say much. Actually, I would expect them to have to use actions to say anything at all. If they were truly mute they wouldn't speak and would probably use hand gestures of some sort to inform us of their grand chance in LA."

Report Post Tip

Steampunk listens to Duplicity and laughs

That's very true. This could be one of the most creative crews yet or maybe he should hire someone as the designated crew mouthpiece.

Report Post Tip

As someone mentioned before, best speech ever.  You might want to work on your speaking skills. 

But, I'm not here to poke fun and what not.  Congrats on being the first to stay alive long enough to make it in LA.  Good luck and I hope to see great things become of your city.

Report Post Tip
Charlie steps back when he sees a man in a weird costume talking. He hears the guy say that he set up shop in LA.

Charlie smiles to himself.

"Fucking America" he thinks before he continues on his way.
Report Post Tip

Hearing the speech that Rowlf gave announcing his new family in Los Angelos, Cerebellum couldn't help to murmur...

"And I thought I was a man of few words.."

With that he nodded, acknowledged the new family, and said...

"Well, gratzi! It is nice to see someone finally rising to the top of L.A. and setting up. I hope business treats you well, and hope to see you and your family helping L.A. prosper!"

Report Post Tip

Nothing quite like a bandwagon, I see plenty have hopped on this one.

Report Post Tip

Personally I think this speech is an absolute joke. But what else do we expect from a person who pretty much IA'd their way to the leadership role. The more worrying trend is mobsters actually encouraging a person who has gone bold and quite clearly doesn't give a fuck.

I'm not worrying too much though, with the amount of effort this guy seems to put into all aspects of this life it won't be too long until someone over in LA puts him out of his misery.

Not that you were going to anyway, but if you have any problems Rowlf don't come to me for help.  Your attitude towards something that should be so prestigious is abhorrent and if you can't be arsed to take your new role seriously, neither can I.

Can't wait for the day someone over there chokes the life out of you, before you choke the life out of LA.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Don't hold back, Kev. Say how you really feel...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Although I would've liked to see others before you take this position first, it's somehow worked out that the nation as a whole seems to be more accepting of your leadership in LA, given some very capable looking individuals were taken out and you were left to rise to the top of the pile."

"It just goes to show that sometimes being at odds with some of the greater community equals being six feet under and silence can be a virtue. I don't believe it's a virtue in business and when in the role of a leader in our community, personally, but time will tell if it continues to be a blessing for you or turns into a curse. Good luck."

Report Post Tip

Or...

Maybe he knew such a speech would receive a lot of negativity and a fair few responses from the wider community, thus earning more money from KevinOwens.

Lacklustre speech or complete genius? I'm inclined to think the latter, you wise old dog, Rowlf.

Report Post Tip

Rules you ask? Eh... I don't have any set in stone rules. If any speech is just 1 line drivel in the replies, I'm not paying you a dime. There has to be SOME substance to it, but that's about it.

He's getting shit from me. 

Report Post Tip

"1 line drivel in replies"

To my understanding it was measured by the responses made. A few have been very very brief, but there have been many that aren't just one sentence. By your own rules then, he is owed payment, no?

There was no mention of how brief the original speech was to be and in terms of substance, there isn't ever much substance to someone announcing an auth anyway, in this instance I'd rather hear a simple one lined sentence about an auth in LA than a short story saying the same thing.

So what say you, KevinOwens, will you pay this man the money he is rightfully owed???

Rusty leans against the lamp post awaiting a response.

Report Post Tip

I believe I made it perfectly clear that he is getting shit all from me.

He is not 'rightfully owed' anything at all, please re-visit my speech and you'll also see...

"Please note that any auth/congratulations/here's my new family speeches will not be rewarded!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Mute Society
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL