Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 05:51:31
Page:  1 
Role play to the next level? Started by: Camulus on Aug 30, '15 02:29

Here is a thought that I have been thinking about for a little while.  It is customary in this games role playing to roleplay a scene where we go into a coffee shop and order a coffee for 5$ and a muffin for 5$  and go about our way.  It occured to me that it would be a cool idea to add the price of stuff we order and bankwire that amt to business owner. So in last example if i were one ordering coffee and and muffin for 5$ each....Why shouldnt I wire 10$ to owner.  In real life we cant go to coffee shop and order coffee and a snack and just walk out saying what great place it is.  I know that a drawback to this is that not all businesses have a price list, but alot do. In cases where no prices listed, you could roleplay finding prices or perhaps just use your best guess.  In previous example, 10$ wont affect my earnings or game goals but it would be a touch of realism.    I have done this on ocassion but admittedly I dont always do it,  but from now on I think I will take my roleplaying to next level.  If anyone thinks bad idea, they are not forced to do this by any means....but it is just a thought I had.

Report Post Tip

DO IT!

Report Post Tip

I think it would add to the role-play depth of the game if you did this. As long as you're not going into a business that has ridiculous non realistic prices like 100k for this and 50k for that, then like you said it wouldn't affect your pocket at all. Plus, as a business owner it would be nice to see these little transactions in your bank account.

Report Post Tip
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago I think that would be more realistic
Report Post Tip

yep I agree on the ridiculous prices like 100k and 50k.   If this practice became widespread it would make business owners keep prices reasonable. Really happy to see the input on this.

Report Post Tip

It's only realistic to the in-game world that mobsters actually get income from their businesses.

Report Post Tip
Squishy what's up with the MRSE?
Report Post Tip

The MRSE is DOA, FUBAR, and has been 86'd until we can rewrite it all KISS.

Report Post Tip

Squishy - it really is time to reduce the face value of all currency to 10% of it's current.  A millionaire should not be the norm.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Role play to the next level?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL