Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 16:55:23
Page:  1 
Dont stand for it Started by: KL on Sep 02, '15 01:28

Things started to look up in all aspects, business was good no one stepped out of line and I had just opened my new hotel Elegance in Chicago. But there's always someone who has to fuck good things up. I was settling in to my new office when one of the workers informed me of a visitor named Stanley was in the lobby, I told him to send the man up.

When he gets to my office I tell him to take a seat and ask what the problem was. Stanley tells me he is the father of the girl I stood up for at the bar against the Irish thugs at his family bar. Immediately I ask if she's ok...he tells me that a man has been harassing her, an Irishmen who was related to man who's face I introduced the bar countertop. Filled with rage I think of a way to handle it. Before I come up with something he tells me its not just one its 3 men and his daughter is fearful of her life and so is he. Blood boiling I tell him "ok here's what I want you to do get your daughter Here tomorrow and make sure there harassing her so they show up too. I will handle the rest." He agrees and goes on his way.

Next day his daughter shows up and sure enough I see three men in the distance eying her. what's worse... she has a black eye. I pull Stanley to the side and tell him to stay out of site.

I wait till the men draw closer to girl then make my move. "excuse me gentlemen, thanks for stopping in... you all look to be in grate shape and I need guards here. Come to my office so we can speak more on it. Even if you have no experience at least hear me out.

The men agree and follow behind me to the office. I make small talk before reaching my office. When we enter 4 men draw guys on the guys and shut the door behind us. I take a seat at my desk "So we been harassing the girl downstairs huh?". One man tries to speak up. "Don't fucking talk I know the answer... all I want to know is who hit her?." After awhile one man finally raises his hand slightly.

I motion for one of the guys to put his hand's on my desk. I pull a hammer out of my drawer in the desk and break both hands.

Worker covers his mouth while I talk to the other 2. "Here's how it works, I never want to see any of your faces around here again or ill break your fucking face all of you. Now get out of my hotel... bother the girl again and ill bury you out back.

The men leave as I make my way back downstairs to the lobby. I introduce myself and she tells me her name is Lily. I then tell her to come back tomorrow and start as the head bartender inside the restaurant and assure her that the men will not bother her anymore.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Dubliner was standing in the lobby of the hotel when 3 fellow Irishmen came walking down the stairs; one of which had noticeably broken hands as he was sobbing and his hands dangled limply... He looked behind them and saw who appeared to be the owner of the hotel following them then walking up to a young girl and speaking to her. He listens very closely, intrigued by the man he assumed broke an Irishman's hands. He hears the owner whisper, "Come back tomorrow...you can be head bartender."

Dubliner's ears perked up. Prohibition was still in full swing. The decade had changed, but no sign of Prohibition ending has shown it's face... Surely Dubiner had to take advantage of this.

Dub walked out of the hotel, following the 3 men into the street.

"Gentlemen," he called out, "I see the Polak in there gave one of you a run for your money..." The three men turn and look at the dressed up, Irishman yelling out to them.

"And what's it to you?" one of the men ask.

"Well, the way I see it is like this: The man in there is pushin' our people around... But here's the thing, he has a speakeasy in his restaurant," The three men turn and face Dubliner as he reveals the secret to them, "That's right. A speakeasy full to the brim with alcohol. This kind of knowledge, if held by the right people, can make someone very rich if the owner of such a speakeasy knew that they were willing to take it to the police... I bet the owner would pay a pretty penny weekly to 'protect' his investments."

The three Irishmen smile at Dubliner. One of the men speak up... "I see. And what should we call you Mr...--"

"Dubliner. Just call me Dubliner. My real name is none of your concern."

The men seemed excited. They had found a way to get back at the owner who broke their pal's hands.

"Go gather up all of your friends. We can confront him tonight when the festivities are in full swing."

Dubliner waits outside of the hotel inside of his car. Down the sidewalk comes a group of men that number around 15. A few of them sported berets that had the Irish colors on them. They carried baseball bats, guns, and even pitchforks. Dubliner stepped out from his car and walked into the lobby of the hotel with the group of men.

"Where is the owner at? I need to speak with him." Dubliner yelled.

He waited for the owner to present himself.

Report Post Tip

KL heard a man shouting in his lobby. I approach the man as I extend out my hand "Can I help you Mr...".

Report Post Tip

Dubliner looked the Owner up and down. "I'd rather keep my name to myself, if it's all the same to you. May we talk in your office?"

Dubliner motions for the three men to come with him. As they enter the office, Dubliner tells the 3 men to stay with their backs up against the closed doors. 

"I know about your speakeasy in the restaurant downstairs. What's that kind of information worth to you? I'd expect a weekly wage to protect that secret from the boys in Blue down at the station... I'm sure there is a particular Police Chief who'd be very interested in the illegal selling of alcohol in a well-known hotel. It'd be a shame for...such an economic giant to be torn down by violations of such a well-made law.

Dubliner looked into the man's eyes as he squinted awaiting a response. He expected an amount of money to be exclaimed by the owner. One that may keep his mouth shut... For now, at least. As to what that number was, Dubliner would know it when he heard it.

Report Post Tip

KL stares at the man as analyzing the situation. "You know I never thought I would see this day, one of my guys seen you talking to the 3 men who just left... you know they gave an innocent women a black eye?... and not for nothing but its not like my boos is out in the open!... tell you what why don't we negotiate rather then blackmail so we can both make money... your a business man and so am I so lets work something out".

Report Post Tip

Dubliner thinks for a second, humoring the owner's proposition. It was an interesting idea. Dubliner sits down in a chair that is in front of the owner's desk. 

"Why would I consider working with you, when I can get a weekly pay from you for simply holding something above your head?" Dubliner shifts around in his chair, "I mean... Here you are with two potential charges... Aggravated Assault and Running an illegal alcohol business. I would like to hear your offer, however."

Report Post Tip

Before answering i look to one of the men at the door, then look back at the man trying to blackmail me. "I know that guy i seen him before and im sure ive seen you around as well. Your part of one of Chicago's crime families...tell me something do you know this hotel is backed by Koehler and Clover?".

I notice the mans face completely change as he now realizes we are both part of the Chicago underworld.

"Dont worry our families dont have to hear about this but here is my offer to you. Each week ill give you a shipment of boos at a low low rate so you can distribute it to your contacts for a profit. In return i ask that you use your connections to the feds to make sure they turn a blind eye on this place. And one other small thing...i dont know what was said to the men outside but im sure now they may get the wrong idea and maybe even go to the cops...so i need them to disappear. That is my offer and i think its more then fair, ill even let you choose the number on the discount i give you for the boos."

I sit back and wait to hopefully make a deal.

Report Post Tip

"I have to decline. I still expect a single payment. Though, out of respect, I won't push for a weekly payment. A single payment of... $30,000 should work. Split among the 15 men downstairs. I won't keep a penny." Dubliner sits back in his chair, mirroring the confident owner... "As a show of good faith and as some entertainment to you... I will have 12 of the men downstairs kill the three men you're so familiar with in order to get a bigger cut of the 30k. People will do anything for some money in these times. Watch we proud Irishmen tear at each other for 30 G's..."

Dubliner shows a confident smirk. "That takes care of the thugs who pester your bartender, and we get a nice sum of money..."

Dubliner is confident in his counter offer. So much so, he tells the men he brought into the room to step outside and get ready for a fight.

Report Post Tip

"Ok, ill make the deal due to the fact that you are taking one payment as opposed to a weekly payment in boos to distribute at your own rate. 30k done, just make sure those guys are taking care of and the feds stay out of my building unless they are here to spend the night and keep to themselves."

I extend my hand out to shake on the deal.

Report Post Tip

Dubliner shakes his hand and stands to his feet. He thanks KL for his time and steps out the door. He walks over to the balcony that overlooks the lobby. In the lobby stood 15 Irishmen, still holding clubs and guns and what not. Dubliner calls out to them.

"My boys! The owner of this fine establishment has offered each of you 2.5 grand..."

Everyone in the crowd begins cheering after gaining a small fortune thanks to the help of Dubliner.

"However..." Everyone looks back up to the man talking from the balcony, "He said he'd pay you ONLY if you kill these three men." Dubliner points out the three men who met with KL a few hours earlier. "Have fun." Dubliner steps away from the balcony. Screams are heard from the three men who were immediately overpowered by the mob of greed-driven Irishmen.

Dubliner then paid the news reporters telling them that it was just an angry mob and that the three men who were unfortunately killed, were just accidents.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dont stand for it
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL