Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 22:09:08
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Demise of KennyPowers Started by: Santos on Sep 22, '15 13:29
So Kenny was recently killed for something that was said completely out of character on Facebook now while it's understandable that people feel they have to act out it's also rather sad. Now. Usually it's against the normal standards of game practice to use things that are said away from the game to be used against someone in the game. So therefore.. I will no longer spend my heard earned money here on mafia returns due to abuse of In character and out of character policy's. That's usually why the admins have created such a place for people to use conversation how ever they choose.

In example, since you may have used OOC against KennyPowers it would be the same if the person the played KennyPowers hurt people in real life due to game politics . It's equally wrong and in no way shape or form be tolerated. Anyway.. No more crying from me.

Later
Report Post Tip
What did you say on Facebook that would get you killed? Sounds like some serious ego tripping is going on.
Report Post Tip

Sorry about what happened, Santos. Hope things are better for you off of MR

Report Post Tip

I sort of get your point, but considering what was said those who removed you really didn't have a choice.

With the knowledge, the only other choice they had was to sit and wait for it to happen. Which would have been massively to their detriment. I think they're in a catch 22 situation as what you said was 'out of character', however inaction on what you said would have led to serious repercussions for those who authed you.

It's a tough one for any user to judge. Izzy probably needs to draw a definitive line, but I'm not even sure that's possible because even if he ruled what you said was completely non-connected to the game, then what about the people you had eyes for? They've either got to swallow it and await what's coming or find a different reason to get you killed (the more likely option).

The obvious solution here is... don't be so stupid as to threaten another city on a form of social media. Whether in character or out... if people know who you are it's going to shine a massive shit light onto your character.

This was totally avoidable if you hadn't shouted your plans from the rooftop. I don't even get why you'd do that in the first place.

Report Post Tip
Suck it up buttercup. We crossed the bridge of things said out of game not meaning anything in game long ago.

Own up to it and realize you blew a great chance
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
No plans were shouted, all that was said was, the chi thing was getting old and there needed to be a wipe. We had a bday massacre back in the day. That was a wipe. Just saying.
Report Post Tip
In character or out of character via any form of communication. If you make threats against cities our players and someone sees it and makes it known you are going to be looked at. It is simply idiotic to expect anything else.
Report Post Tip

If you had said... "The KevinOwens thing is getting old and there needs to be a wipe" I would have taken that as you coming for me.

Like I said, you were out of character, but fuck man... to say that out loud is just dumb as fuck. What would possess you to air a view about the strongest city in the game needed to get cut down?

One step short of insanity.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure what was said, yet it is definitely a catch 22. Not for legitimate reasons, as in a role-playing game no information given OOC should be able to be used IC, and vice versa, yet given this is MR where people blur this line all the time you dug your own hole from the sounds of it. Again I don't know what was said, but the IC and OOC fuzziness has been this way as long as I have played.

Report Post Tip
Meh.. Kenny is dead. Doesn't matter to much anymore just want Izzy to be aware that there is an abuse happening and to correct it for future players. People should be able to say anything away from game and not worry about anything. Is like people here challenging the how I need to be a man, now that it's been said would that give me the right to smash them irl.. No not at all! It need to be fixed. Leave the game with the game. And OOC in the outside world.
Report Post Tip

I agree bud, but that wont happen :) It's better to just be chill OOC. As KO said, they would've found a way to do it another time, and with another reason, so the hole was already being dug.

Report Post Tip
If you want full separation then don't talk about the game outside of MR. It's really that simple.
Report Post Tip

lol.

leave the outside outside and keep the game in character, huh.

just gonna say, it was quite silly of you to say what you did, I get it, anger, whatevs, but still, it wasn't smart to say, especially given your position within your city.

'Leave the game with the game'.

That statement is impossible.

Hey, i'm new to the game. my friend brought me on, I make a char and he invites me.

That's outside of the game, it'll always happen and never stop.

some people will never stop ooc, it's pointless to try to change it. It's just how the game is played I'd think.

Report Post Tip

Meh.. Kenny is dead. Doesn't matter to much anymore just want Izzy to be aware that there is an abuse happening and to correct it for future players. People should be able to say anything away from game and not worry about anything. Is like people here challenging the how I need to be a man, now that it's been said would that give me the right to smash them irl.. No not at all! It need to be fixed. Leave the game with the game. And OOC in the outside world.

And if Izzy does that, hopefully you will get re-instated. Then all of CH can sit there with the knowledge that you do not like them being the powerhouse and tomorrow, they take you out because they want LA back? Because their city is quite full and they want to expand? Because they just dont like you? Because they don't like groups you're affiliated with like La Frat? Because you pull down your pantos from time to time?

You see where I'm going here? YOU dug your own grave, if it hadn't come today for what you said, it was coming within the next week for whatever other reason they wanted.

You fucked up, man up and accept that instead of forcing Izzy into an uncomfortable position of having to 'lay down the law'.

Report Post Tip
there is no separation of character and person behind the character here. That's how this cookie crumbles.
Words of wisdom, separate realty from MR.
Report Post Tip
That is exactly what I'm saying. Game and real life should always be seperate. And I don't feel reinstatement is proper in this situation but I do feel there needs to be a separation. And a rule should be made.
Report Post Tip
You really just don't want to take responsibility for this.

Do you consider whatsapp and team speak out of game? Those are used for friends but also used for a game. We are at a point where all social media is considered part of the game. When I can plan a war over any of these platforms I know that anything I say can and will be used against me.

You deserved to get shot for being so dumb to be honest.
Report Post Tip

You seem to be stuck on the idea that killing someone in a game because what he said about the game or involving the game is equal to killing someone in real life for something in the game. It isn't.

Ultimately you are to be blamed equally or even more for your death; it was your decision to talk about sensitive things like that you should have known aren't to be talked about lightly. Above all I would recommend seeing this as a learning moment. When you talk about the game, or something you're going to do in the game, don't be surprised if those people take note of that and take according steps.

Report Post Tip
Nope, but it was said on Facebook.
Report Post Tip
Aren't I and Kenny different people? Kenny is a character I'm a person. If Kenny relayed than he deserved to be smashed but I the man that plays Kenny typed it in Facebook. Not Kenny he and I are different. When I meet someone I don't say hi I'm Kenny powers.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Demise of KennyPowers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL