Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 21:42:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
How old of an MR player are you? Started by: FredoSantana on Sep 25, '15 00:46
Yayyy story time with Credits!
Report Post Tip

Everyone loves story time with Uncle Credits, Henri.

Report Post Tip

Hell, I've been back a week and the stigma my name once carried still has a bad taste in some mouths. No matter how long you leave your past can follow you unfortunately. Even if you meant well.

Errr.... who the heck are you?

Report Post Tip

Holy crap I remember the UN.

I remember that fateful NYE when T1fa "died". I still don't know if it was true or not, but it was around that time I left. 

Report Post Tip

Report Post Tip

(...)

Report Post Tip

My favorite Sims quote was "Everyone asks why i never miss, its because i shoot at them with a tank"

MrevilMan doing his rampage was fun, dyo tried to kill me.

Report Post Tip

" And Kates/Keats?"

Keats was my favorite such a poet

Report Post Tip

Secretagent man had a irc group called POD (payable on death) where you could pay to have select hitters go kill people for you. BrianArao, Premeir, SA, TheD few others.

Report Post Tip

I think your referring to the Gene Pool Cleaners, Old_Snake. I was a member of that group also.

Report Post Tip

Repeatedly having to shoot yourself must have been hard, Silas.

Report Post Tip

I have only played for about a month, so this thread is really cool to read about what this game used to be like. What did you guys do without credits?

Report Post Tip
Old_snake, when was this? I vividly remember paying off Prem and SoundWarning $5,000,000 to kill that Iris bitch and they stole my money!

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. I love you so fuckin much tiggy <3
Report Post Tip
I have only played for about a month, so this thread is really cool to read about what this game used to be like. What did you guys do without credits?
Reply by: Jargon at Oct 08, '15 14:12
Report Post Tip
Socially interacted with one another.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I meant how would people buy CAs, jails, etc. Reading the thread I assume people just used real life money to purchase them.

Report Post Tip
Depending how far back you go, there was almost nothing to spend credits on. Jails and the timers were the only thing for quite a while, but I'm sure there was a time before that when they were practically useless.

Shit, I remember creds being $35,000 a pop D:
Report Post Tip
HenriDucard the group of people, PoD, that Old_Snake is talking about were around in 2003. Sometime between January and May most likely. I remember SA talking about it when I first started playing in May 2003.

Also, that was an epic frigging falure at having me deaded. Go to two of my friends. Sheesh. I'm so glad you've learned better since then. Although, you'd probably still go to two of my friends for shits and giggles you twisted bastard e-child you.

I like you lots TelkyWelkyPooPooface. We'll leave it at that.

Ugh, I feel so dirty saying that.
Report Post Tip
Jargon before there were credits we would fill the jails ourselves or the admins would fill them. By filling them ourselves I mean high rankers would fail drug runs on purpose (The good ol' buy 0 over and over.) and then lower ranks would try and bust us out. As they failed the jails would slowly fill up.

Corrupt Agents did not exist. Your drug money was earned with hard work and lots of drug runs through the cities. Travel times were a lot different back then so it was easier to go from city to city. Money meant more back then. There wasn't a lot of it. Shit, if you had 50 mill you were a rock star.

"Real life money" is used to purchase credits, but if you go to Manage --> Marketplace you'll see that you can buy them using in-game money for a price which is excessively high, but that's inflation for you.

Life before credits had nothing you could/would spend credits on. Perks didn't exist. You couldn't name a Corrupt Agent, have an attack/pick pocket/jail/felony/bg wack and so on perk. They simply weren't there.

In order for the game to attain the goal of an income to sustain itself the owners/coders had to come up with reasons for these credits to be bought up by the hundreds. This is where all these fantastic little perks came about.

Life before credits was a lot simpler. You had to work really frigging hard for your rank and dollars. We talked to each other a lot more too. The forums were a bit livelier. The jail forum had a use, you were in there for more than ten seconds.

Was a different time and place back then. We were more of a community.
Report Post Tip
Silas you had to go and bring up the GPC didn't you? Some good times with that group. Lots of sleepless nights. However, there was a smaller group before GPC. That's the one Prem's talking about. At least that's how I remember it.
Report Post Tip
What I find interesting is the fact that ever since I started playing this game, everyone is always saying how wonderful it used to be. I have been playing for almost 6 years, and I have to say that I like most of the ways the game has evolved. There are a few things I don't like, but overall I think change is good. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut and only want to do things the old way. It's very similar to life outside the game. Older people are always reminiscing about the old days, but the younger generation is embracing the newness and change. Good can be found in both.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How old of an MR player are you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL