Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 07:21:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
How old of an MR player are you? Started by: FredoSantana on Sep 25, '15 00:46

As someone who played the old version, I can confidently say, without any doubt whatsoever, the game is significantly better than it used to be. I think that the bits people reminisce about are largely down to the fact it was a 2000+ strong community who interacted with each other a lot more than we do now. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not wholly true Cred's my friend. I miss the fluid nature of the old world, the excitement and volatile environment. To be honest even now this world is a touch to stagnant and complacent for me. 

Part of the draw to the old world, was the fact that you could come in and make an impact almost right away. On the flip side you had to play the political tight rope game better because a rogue with a good Pro - Wacker ie BA could literally create a reset on their own. 

The old game had long periods of stagnancy and impact without invested effort was still minimal. The level of effort required was probably less than it is here but you couldn't do nothing and next week topple the world. 

And the point really is that this version is a radically improved proposition than the former which was actually very basic in terms of features, appearance, reliability etc.

Report Post Tip

Iris is correct POD was like i said with SA and the crew in the old days.  If i recall the paying of Premeir 5 million to kill iris, I am positive they wanted to shoot you before you even sent the money because they loved tiggy.

Report Post Tip
Old_snake - Aye. Luckily people change :p
Uhm... Yeah. We'll go with that TelkyWelky. Sure. Hmmm hmmm. You'd do it again if you could get away with it!
Report Post Tip

Part of the draw to the old world, was the fact that you could come in and make an impact almost right away. On the flip side you had to play the political tight rope game better because a rogue with a good Pro - Wacker ie BA could literally create a reset on their own.

I think this was one of the biggest things i agree with in regards to people liking the old world. Think about how many times someone with a great gun would rogue and multiple people would join them to buff the crew or to pro wack them. Random wacking was way more fun back then. Posting list to the streets. It was more fun to be violent back then. I remember a time some random guy showed up figured out pure wack answers and was selling them to highest bidder.

And another great point think of when someone like BA literally killed everyone, mrevilman pretty much did the same and then retired to a city.

It was easy for a trained earner to drop a fresh crew leader, and a lot of times you would do it just to settle a quick score.

Report Post Tip

fact it was a 2000+ strong community who interacted with each other a lot more than we do now.

I agree here as well, i feel like the debates in mirc and streets were much larger back then as well, and we had posts for everything.

I feel like irc had a stronger base back then as well. I also remember much more active headquarters everything was going down.

I also remember more naked ladies but that coulda just been me.

Checking the graveyard for stealth shots on you.

Prowacking yourself!

Rogues were often quite fun and interesting.

Miguel - His quote business and then his branch out into Paint profile pictures.

The day a crap ton of players had their accounts logged in and suicided because they all had "password" (pretty sure it was "password", may have been and/or "qwerty") as their god damn passwords. Jesus.

The right hand logging into the CL's account to tend to business.

Thugs could start jails! - Leaders were better, but thugs could do it to.

Bubba humping your profile.

"Secret" Jail threads that you had to know how to tab into to reply.

Making sure you were logged in as you turned gangster to accept that invite.

High Society.

Report Post Tip
As I sit back and read this I have to say that most of the things missed most all fall under the social aspect of the old days. By old days I mean the .org days. Shows how much the social interaction of the community has changed. Sure, MR is a LOT smaller, but that's not the only thing. It's a totally different atmosphere. Not quite as competitive. I think that's what drove us back then, the competition and the fluidity of the game. If you survived three months as a leader you were epic.
Report Post Tip

I think since 2009.. not sure though.

Report Post Tip
- Marietta and Scotland
- lolcat's gun
- The Roman Empire
- -LadyGaga- and amazingly surviving a shitload of wars for two years.
- The epic 2011 V-Day
Report Post Tip

I miss talking to crazy Dave265.

I miss BennyNoodles, FatTony2, Satanta, Scarin MosherPitt , ATS,SKM , Dipple.

I miss the days of watching the comedians like Dick Goezinya (spelling, Its been a while) ExternalLink and TeQ with few others took the piss off of everyone to the point where most of us would literally laugh out loud for hours or go underground so no one could make fun of them anymore. *Holds up his Pantos*

I miss the old days of LaFrat, Shuki, BadBoyHitter, IronFist,Premeir and Googz, TSCOSP, WillC (RIP Man-I still miss you) Mac aka Kev ( RIP man, I was gutted to hear of your passing as well.)

Those were some of the best days of my youth around here.

RestWell to my youth.

Report Post Tip
God I remember the days of Sam Gato and Marietta shot Aurora too. I worked with Aurora over and over again. Half the time I had no clue lol ah good old days!
Report Post Tip

How about that time Clause-McSlapawhore shot himself as Edinburgh. That was fucking hilarious. They coded in a failsafe so you can't shoot yourself because of that hahaha.

Report Post Tip

I remember the people who remember the people who remembered STAE.

Report Post Tip
I remember Sprozz and The M.A.P
Report Post Tip

Almost a month old.

Report Post Tip

I can remember when The Durdens were an actual family and not NPCs.

Report Post Tip

Been here for while but i keep to my thing like everyone else

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How old of an MR player are you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL