Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 20:11:38
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
How old of an MR player are you? Started by: FredoSantana on Sep 25, '15 00:46

Old enough to remember framed pictures of Jono's nipple and Elegido after Dark

Report Post Tip

I'm an Old Player who has returned... I remember whne i found this on FHM top 100 games when it was .org however i have only recently returned and just getting used to the changes in the game since then

Report Post Tip
I can remember when The Durdens were an actual family and not NPCs.
Reply by: JadeRenea at Dec 27, '15 18:45

...?
Report Post Tip

Yep, they were a crew. It was years ago. 

Report Post Tip

I could be mistaken abut the time frame but it was a while ago.

Report Post Tip

I remember the 3 window racing for IA method! making the wack button big so i couldnt miss it and turning off images and everything so that my screen was pretty much white and black! Those were fun days.

I was actually good at hitting back then! Now I am lazy.

Report Post Tip

The 200 man crews.

Having multiple sub crews and sub crew leaders within the same crew.

Tyler Durden, I think, was TheDean(Authed)? before he became TheDean.

The old 3 window IA racing.

Credits not existing.

Buying and selling 1 unit of drugs until you were thrown in jail, then getting so fucking pissed off that someone good enough to break you out did so before anyone could get thrown in off of your bust.

No paid features in the game. At all.

'Timers' was a biiiig bar at the top of the screen, which you had to manually click to start each one.

Drugs went up in 5's with each rank. There was no way to tell when you were ready for the next promotion.

HQ wacking was, I think, 100% successful.

Feauture wise, nothing else is standing out to me right now, nothing important anyway.

Wasn't 1041 the Conceptualists over on .org? Or was UN before them? I just remember BillyBathtub, Chuckie, Rupert etc. Hated them. Bastards.

I remember the fucking cycles. God they were fun, and infuriating. I got banned for calling ChrisPrince a complete cunt I think, among other things, not realising he was BrianArao lolz.

Report Post Tip

Oh, I remember a 100 gun stat being huge, and one of the biggest guns on the game.

I remember there only being about 2-5 people who could properly jail break.

Report Post Tip

Amazing thread.  Reading through this has really made me reminiscence. 

Remember Anita being a boss for so long, everyone thinking she had a ridiculous amount of bodyguards.... she had 10 or really low number..

I remember game rests.  They were so much fun and something I miss honestly.

IRC being a thing you had to download and not conveniently on the bottom of your screen.

2 hour travel times

No credits...at all.

Noticing that someone was posting in the street two or three times that week, then realized they were probably making themselves known before they became a CL.  Few days later, given auth to make their own HQ.  Rinse and repeat

3 screen IAs

Arguments about admin created IAs.  "It takes so much work to make admin created IAs" and so forth.  Now its commonplace.

Hitlists for hitters.  When someone actually put in the effort to do that and it seemingly took forever to make

No tips or achievements.

You could easily give money to someone.  You didn't have to deposit and then send money to someone. 

City rules wasn't a thing?  Nor was HQ building up with money.

Overall, mostly good changes.  Most, if not all, add things to this game which I appreciate more.  There are way more things to do, less waiting around.  Sorry if I rambled.

Report Post Tip

How old is not relevant. But how wise is poses tee question. Street scum shakes up the vets. ;)

Report Post Tip

I remember Anita and Scotland. Is that old enough?

I remember time before BGs caps, I remember the solution to silly BGs being degregation. I remember demotions and Shocker.

I remember TheDean, Marietta, CP, lost friends.

Most of all I remember Clause shooting himself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
No Nino. That's not old enough.

We both know you're far older than that!

And lost friends are only lost as long as don't look for them.
Report Post Tip

I'm so old, I can't remember when I started.

...then again, that could just be senility.

Report Post Tip

I remember when shooting did not make you lose your pro.

Sly Cooper's Sunday rants.

The Pantiless Gang's epic street threads (tiggy, duchamp, etc)

Nick Corleone being a complete twat.

Ganelon's Friday night wars.

Team Discovery Channel.

No such thing as witness statements going out for failed wack attempts, which made prowacking a rogue much easier.

Report Post Tip
I remember there only being about 2-5 people who could properly jail break.

Reply by: DaKurlzz at Jan 16, '16 21:51

Good god, jail breaking before being able to purchase through credits was such a pain in the ass.
Report Post Tip
a return of being able to jail with out credits would be most appreciated.
Report Post Tip

I'm not that old, I've only been playing for about 2.5 years and my first character became a LHM, RHM then I became a CL.

Report Post Tip
Total noob
Report Post Tip
- The epic 2011 V-Day

Reply by: HarveyDent at Oct 22, '15 06:36

It was certainly a cracker, but I was hallucinating I was so tired by the end of it. The netbook from that has sadly recently been retired though.

It's been great reading through all these old stories, thank you to everyone that's contributed to a good ol' reminisce. One of the things I miss though which nobody seems to have mentioned yet is accidentally wacking someone when all you intended to do was pickpocket them. First time I did that was back in the McTavish days and I can still remember the feeling of "oh shit!". Needless to say I didn't live long afterwards.

I echo the sentiments of some about the IRC community being one of the absolute highlights from a few years back, many hours were spent drinking and talking about utter rubbish until the wee small hours. Good times.
Report Post Tip
ive been playing for almost two years now, been rhm and lhm.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How old of an MR player are you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL