Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 08:22:35
Page:  1 
Owning a pro team in game Started by: Argile on Oct 09, '15 01:04

I have a question about game protocol. Is it considered allowable to purchase a sports team as a business. I am based in philly so could I purchase the phillies baseball team and do roleplay scenes with them.  I know we have to keep to time period of 30s and me being a baseball fanatic, I actually have complete roster and batting averages and era's etc for 1933 phillies.  I dont see a problem doing that myself, unless someone else wanted to do the same thing, but hell we could have multiple owners if need be just set ownership in different year, 30s alone would give 10 different owners. I just didnt know if that was considered against game rules?  let me know if this is allowable or not

Report Post Tip

As long as you aren't just posting rosters and batting averages I don't think there would be any issues with stories revolving around owing a sports team. Throwing games, illegal sports bets, etc. Seems like a lot of stuff to work with.

Report Post Tip

yeah, I origionaly got the idea with Arnold Rothstein orchestrating the black sox scandle in chicago, and this seemed like perfect stage to work with that type of material

Report Post Tip

I've used something like this in the past, actually. It's certainly not against game rules, to my knowledge.

Report Post Tip

I think this is a great idea. Let me know if you need anything on the part of the Detroit Tigers!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Owning a pro team in game
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL