Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 07:01:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Dear New York, Started by: LG on Oct 21, '15 06:11
To my dear Manhattan and New York, I'm sorry. I'm sorry because I knew this was coming, but chose not to act. Why? Well, if you were part of the leadership managing a city of aspiring new faces and first time crew leaders, would you believe a rumor that the heaviest hand in the game was about to swat you? No, I don't think you would and I would have felt foolish for acting on it. I've always maintained the stance that I could never attract any big players to my famiglia, I wrongly believed that would offer at least some protection from the more serious, hardcore players. I have however worked with and nurtured some amazing people into our world and for that experience I'm grateful. I'm just truly gutted you had to have your time cut short like this.

When I was approached with the information that this may be happening, I decided it was better to die sleeping in my bed, than to attempt to strike first and fail. We didn't have the guns, or experience. Had we tried to bite the knee caps off our would be attackers, our names would be dragged through the mud when they then claim they had 'no intention of removing us and we made a paranoid and foolish mistake'.

Regardless of if the intention was there or not.

That's the thing with making the first move, you've got to be either convinced there is a threat, and/or paranoid. Well, I was neither.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't dismiss the idea completely. I just knew that whatever we did, we'd end up looking stupid or dead. I'd rather we were wiped out and then hear the reasoning for it was, than act first, make no dent whatsoever and do all the work for them, without the need then for an explanation.

Our reputation as a city of opportunity and growth would have been ruined had we made a move. I haven't had any intentions of going to war, like I said, I don't attract the experienced people who can help a noob like myself pull that off.

This isn't a rant, or a moan. I've always respected the people in power and the journey they have made to get there. I'm just surprised that this was the next path they took and can't possibly fathom why. If it's to remain unchallenged, then fair enough, you've achieved that. Though you could easily have waited another two months before you were at any sort of threat.

To all those I had the most pleasant of interactions with, the encounters which (often caused by myself) forced me to flex my diplomacy skills, the H chatters, the nooby new guys and those who were looking for the true mafia experience; you made the experience for me, I hope I came to close it for you.

Amore e rispetto,

Sam Gato
Report Post Tip

Salute to LG. Much respect to the fallen and I would not piss on the cowards if they were on fire.

Report Post Tip

A tough call to make, but I don't think you did the wrong thing. x

Report Post Tip

There were a couple tell tale signs that this was coming LG. One only had to pay attention to their surroundings today to see it. I pointed out to our RH that I had seen something suspicious going on earlier this afternoon. Something was going to happen. It was obvious. You are right though. NY was damned either way.

To be honest, the leadership in Brooklyn was a failure. The zoo was a puppet regime controlled not by another city or district but by one individual who had died. The recent new auth in Brooklyn was a joke. We had a leader who was hardly around the first couple days and a left hand that would surely be a nominee for Slacker of the Year. It wasn't a terrible thing that Brooklyn was taken out but I feel for the rest of New York. Nothing good was ever going to become of Brooklyn. I saw that four days in but was there for a friend.

RIP to all that fell. 

Report Post Tip
you'll have to pry my slacker of the year trophy out of my cold dead hands
Report Post Tip

You were a breath of fresh air for old timers like myself looking for that chance to expand onto something bigger and i have nothing but respect for you and Eve and everyone who made my 2 months in New York feel like a lifetime but an enjoyable one at that i just hope that with what you have taught me i can go on to making the best of my future here.

I can agree with what you said about how you could not attract the senior players because they do always stick together and it becomes impossible to build a solid foundation but you did the best you could with what you had and i would think the past 2 months were a success and just showed the pro's and con's of this community and people not willing to expand their ideals and instead running straight for what they consider the safe option.

I know joining you back in July was a massive gamble and we had some close encounters we should of been wiped out more then once in wars but somehow we just kept fighting and growing and i knew that at some point we would be taken down because that is the way of things now.

If the hand grows too large it's sliced off and a new one put in it's place until such a time the same is done to that hand.

But i was glad i took that gamble and i would like to consider that taking into concern everything i learnt and did i came away a stronger person.

Thank you,

WANKISH KNIGHTSBANE AKA WONKESH SHITSTANE AKA WANKISH BRIDESMANE AKA WONKESH LEMONBRAIN AKA RUPERT

Report Post Tip

Mercury

I'm sorry but I was expecting more from somebody in your age. And I'm sorry 45 hours a week couldn't please you. If you had worked a day in your life you would know that's how many hours you cover a week working a real 9-5.

I don't blame you though and I'm not saying you're wrong. Being a leader was never my thing but it was a position I was put into and at the time we didn't have much of a choice. It was either that or the city my own leader had helped build would fall. Denying the challenge would be selfish and I'm anything but selfish.

New York was never controlled by a dead player. New York was controlled by first timers and players who didn't have much experience. I always made sure everyone in the city was pleased with decisions I made and I put everyone else before me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't taking advices from this dead player you're hinting at but what's the problem with that?

The Zoo was a lovely family and not a puppet regime. New York as a whole was a lovely city full of new players who were eager to learn. The city obviously wasn't your type and I think you should have picked another city from the very beginning. You can't join a family only because your friend happens to be a part of it and expect to enjoy it as much as they do. People are different and that's something you need to learn.

Unlike most leaders I believe in new talent and I'm tired of seeing the same people get authed continuously. Sammy put Eorati on but he's the only person who had been a leader before. It was a new experience for everyone else including myself. But yes, I know, old and stuck up players like yourself will always want to see your favourites get put on time after time.

I had a blast in New York and it was an interesting journey. Never will I take a challenge like this again but I regret nothing. I had amazing partners and they know I'm grateful for the time we spent together building our own city. Yes, our own city, and not the city people who are stuck in 2003 would want to see.

I'll keep the casket warm for ya. Adios.

Report Post Tip

Sam. Zingy. Bee. Everyone that made NY feel like home.

You guys were some of the best friends I've ever had. I wish I could've been online to offer up whatever help I could, but unfortunately by the time I received the message (which I'll list below) it was too late.

"Dont do anything stupid. I know the situation sucks.

We can talk it over tomorrow."

That was all I was given. It's funny too, because as those in New York knew, I wasn't really much of a Warmonger, so me doing something stupid would be irrelevant since even if I tried I would be useless. I never trained my gun, nor did I really care about that aspect of the game. I was a Vision (100%) and was more or less the writer/reporter of New York, alongside some of the great other Roleplayers we had in our grand family. 

I met you guys when I first started, and I was beyond happy that I was able to reunite with some of the coolest people I've ever known. We weren't the strongest, nor did we hold the biggest guns, but we had fun. We enjoyed fun events and really grew as a family. While C chat may have been quiet at times, I never once saw H chat empty. Jokes were passed between the families, and everyone felt united. In the aftermath of the Voodoo Takedown, many of us made the pledge to one another, to go down together if things were to ever happen, to not let the betrayal of another NY district keep us away from helping the greater New York family. I valued that pledge, not because I was hoping to take over the world, or do anything of the sort, but because we as a Greater group were that united and it appeared to me that we really enjoyed each other enough. 

I don't hold grudges in this game, and I especially don't hold grudges against the various powers that put this into motion. Hell, I interviewed many of the Leaders of various cities and got to know some of the upper structures. Grew to like some of them too. I know this is just how the game works, so you won't see me crying about it.

I believe that you, Sammy, were the reason that we all came together. Your passion and dedication to keeping NY together, and allowing those of us who never had a chance to lead, to actually lead, was beyond impressive. You took a chance, and those of us who were given that opportunity will be forever thankful. 

There will always be people who will spread blame, who will drag names through mud, and believe the lies told by those in power, but if you can make it through all that bullshit and internet jam, you can find that beyond the keyboards we are all just people. People with goals, aspirations and dreams. People that play this game for various reasons, and people who are friends with people in various cities and allegiances. And I think you Sammy, above all of us, realized that. 

So thank you Sammy. Thank you Zingy. Thank you Bee. Thank you to everyone who made the effort to make New York the gem it deserved to be. It was a fun time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ironically... after all of this, I suppose me retiring could be considered 'Something Stupid'... Oh well. At least this stupid New Yorker is still laughing about it.

Forever Enjoying the View,

The former Left Hand Man of Polaris,

Laughing_Man (Polo)

Report Post Tip

Shorty I was talking about Fenrir being absent, not you. AS for slacker of the year, that was the LH Fenrir had. You know, the made man who went to CH while the war was going on .... That one. Sioux. I DO work a full time job. In fact, I work two jobs. It was obvious you were forced into the roll. It just wasn't a bright thing to let happen.

Nothing but best wishes for you.

Report Post Tip

"But yes, I know, old and stuck up players like yourself will always want to see your favourites get put on time after time."

I totally missed this. In the entire time I was here (and not here) I never wanted the cool kids and irc junkies leading over and over. I've refused to even attempt to socialize with them. I have always despised the nepotism around here. The suck ups that kiss the ass of a gunner and talk shit behind their back. The ones who want me on board because I always kick up a shitload of cash even when I am well aware they'd rather spit on me than look at me. I don't give a single damn about them and they never did about me. It's mutual. I've always been for the underdogs, the new auths. What I wanted was GOOD auths. There are people here who should have been given a chance to lead by now and haven't. They auth their friends, they place them in hand positions even when they are shitty leaders. It's actually gotten worse. Now they are sending people that are half assed leaders to other cities so they can gun them down. Silk was the best leader this place ever had and not one of these clowns learned from what we did in LA. We built it from 3 people to 164 without the help of other cities. We were the outcast city and we didn't give a single fuck about anything but building a great city. There are people capable of doing the same thing languishing here. They've never been given the opportunity. These "leaders -  and I use the term in a very sarcastic tone -  are dragging this place down with their nepotism and methods. It's a damn shame. 

I have nothing to do with these asswipes leading now. No connection at all. I never will. Their kind disgust me. Don't ever lump me in with them.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Mercury,  It's  interesting that you claim that I was a joke of a leader with out even knowing me, which fair enough that is your opinion to state. I find it interesting because like you said  you were only with me for a few days.  I guess that is long enough to know everything about me and to know that we would fail as district right?  Are you basing my IAness entirely on the crew details or where you cataloging every time I appeared and disappeared on the recently active list?  

There are a fair amount of people out there that will tell you on average I am around roughly 10-12 hours a day everyday.  Sure I might not be religiously clicking something every 3 seconds but if something REALLY needed my attention I was there to respond if I wanted to.  My choice to respond is important because there are somethings I might deem aren't necessary to respond to but you might see as an absolute must, which I guess you could take as being in-active but just assuming so would be the wrong assumption.

The only times I wasn't able to respond immediately if I wanted to was when I was either asleep, which even then I would check in routinely to see how things are going or in class but the other members of the Upper structure knew that and my general time frames so there wasn't any impatient foot tapping for me being IA.

As to your point about the LHM debacle, yea I agree with you there.  Most people I would have trusted to be as hands no longer play or they were already in some other cities/districts upper structure and he came highly recommended to me.  Sure maybe there could have been a re-structuring but I had different things to attend and as you said it was four days in and things might have picked up on there own.  We will never know because it all came to an abrupt end.

Report Post Tip

A few days in which you were an absent way too much when it kicked off. You set up and were gone. There was a 15 hour stretch where you hadn't logged in. That put me off. The first few days of an auth are the most important and you were hardly seen. Your activity was listed as "low" our LHM was "extremely low." The LH was logging in and out so he looked active. The last day, maybe day and a half you were around more.  Frankly, I'm not sure how you are "around roughly 10-12 hours" and listed with an activity level of low. That's a math fail.

I understand about trusting to be hands but you stuck someone in there who had reached the level of made and didn't have the units for anything else in a 33 day timeframe. That should have told you something. Whoever steered you to him steered you wrong. High recommendations around here are generally their friends and has nothing to do whether they are active or even competent. 

Are you capable? I don't know. You weren't stepping up from the start though and that was a shame.

Report Post Tip

I don't know how it was classifies as "low" either I had brought it up to other people before all of this and how it never really seemed to move even though I was always around.  I don't know where are you getting this 15 hour gap of being IA I can count the times I haven't  logged in or at the very least checked in for 12 hours on one hand, and non of which were after I had been authed.  I'll agree that some of my activity did dip but that is because I felt midterms are more important than "appearing" to be active to others.

Report Post Tip

Maybe it would have run better and not appeared as it did if you had waited until after midterms to take auth. You really had more building to do anyway.

There was a 15 hour gap. I actually posted about it in chat to Victoria. You logged on about a half hour later.

I completely understand school is much more important than a game. Hell, real life is always more important than a game. This has been our motto for the last three years.

"Thank you in advance for keeping us out of your politics. We are here to enjoy the game - not live in it."

In any event, all the best to you. I am returning to where we will by the motto above :) 

Report Post Tip

Mercury, you would make an excellent GF.

Report Post Tip

Never, ever. Did I say EVER? I won't feed into the gossip. I won't conform and aid in bad decisions just to keep cities down. I'm not MR material.

Report Post Tip

Actually you are MR material if it is based on the mafia and how they conduct business.  Precisely why you would make a great GF. You are not a follower, nor tyrant. . You are brilliant. You are a true born leader and there is no debating this from anyone in this Gawd forsaking country or any other for that matter. I almost feel like going down memory lane that covers many years as both me and you leading into success.  ;)

But for now i am into another mafiaso who cannot debate the current affairs and I know they are in a comfort zone with Duplicity and posse. Imagine them feeling safe.

a volta la famiglia, da sempre la famiglia

Report Post Tip

Several of them are so far up that cunts ass they haven't seen sun in months.

a volta la famiglia, da sempre la famiglia

Report Post Tip

To Don Brooklynn, Don Fenrir, Don Sammy Gato and the rest of Zoo York I have no regrets.  I had a good run.  Although there were some rough challenges and some difficult decision makings I wouldn’t want to change anything.  Hindsight is a bitch.  Sometimes choices come back to bite us in the ass. 

Some of my best times were in New York but it never felt like a safe haven.  I lived everyday expecting to die. There was never any real freedom to grow for us.  We were permitted to get as strong as we did; our destiny was never in our hands. 

Don Sammy there is only one thing that you said that bothers me and it’s this:

When I was approached with the information that this may be happening, I decided

I just think that was a call you should have made on your own.

Report Post Tip

Sorry excuse me.  I meant to say it's a call you shouldn't have made on your own.  We might have chose to fight.  You or least have known the shit might hit the fan.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Dear New York,
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL