Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 04:10:39
Page:  1 
Expectations Started by: Darkmickey on Oct 22, '15 09:16
Darkmickey had been wondering around the streets and says "I'm always hearing about loyalty honesty and some things about how people just coast through the game and not hardly ever hearing suggestions about what one can do to help out or what was expected of one. Honestly what is expected out of ones crew members. I've been hearing talk of what some leaders have been doing for their crew and what some crew expect from their leaders. But what makes them worthy of said expectations which leads me to wonder what is expected of a young mafioso what is considered doing your part" he lights a cigarette pulls out a bottle and says I offer a drink to all and hope for helpful replies
Report Post Tip
Lots of veiws zero replies so I guess there is no expectations all this complaining about ppl not doing their part is just nonsense due feel free to correct me by stating what is expected from members
Report Post Tip

Patience is one thing that I would expect from my members. It wouldn't hurt if you got some of that too.

Report Post Tip
Lol that is a given with any game I was meaning work wise
Report Post Tip

The only thing you can "expect" is a bullet and all your hard work erased. There is no incentive to work hard.

Report Post Tip
The incentive to work hard is to ensure you're not shot and your work is not erased.

Many different ways to do it but if you work hard, as has been shown, your run at the top can last until you have had enough and you slowly weaken to allow others a chance to kill you.
Report Post Tip

Everyone is always shot. Everyone is gettable. Everyone dies. There is no incentive.

Report Post Tip

Late in the 1970s and into the 1980s, America (and other countries around the world) saw a craze sweeping their country. Space Invaders, Pac-Man, and other arcade games quickly became household names and earned their place in our culture and memories. Children all over the country were collecting and saving pocket change to get their chance at the joysticks. But as soon as the game finished, the money was lost. The time was lost. There was nothing tangible gained from these "time-wasters".

The truth is, the value of a game has never been and will never be in whether or not you can play it forever; "a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts." The only way you enjoy this game, or any game, is by finding something in it worth pursuing. It can be power, justice, money, friends, popularity, reputation, freedom, or anything. But if you're only looking to make it last you will, as you've said it, see no incentive.

Report Post Tip
din, I've been here for a very long time now. I die. I breathe. I come back. I start again. That's how it is. If we don't "die" then nothing changes. We'd have 10 year old characters that have nothing else to add to them, nothing else to achieve with them. We'd be bored. There are times I welcome the end of a character because that means I can start over again and build a "new me".

As much as losing a large amount of work put into a character sucks it's a necessary evil. I've had some characters I held near and dear to my heart that I put more work into than others and upset when they died, but here I am, on my third character in a monthish. I'm still working hard. I'm still training. I still have things to do.

The incentive is to try again, and again, and again while meeting people, having fun, and calling some of these assholes friends. There's that want/need/desire to work hard and rise to the top or help someone rise to the top. The want to change who's in power. The want to be in power. There's plenty of incentive.

If you feel there is no incentive why are you still here din? To moan about there being no reason to work hard and succeed/fail?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Expectations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL