Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 09:34:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Michael Thompson/Marlboro Started by: JesusChristo on Oct 26, '15 19:31

Last night our community lost a piece of its true heart and soul. Each and every person who steps into this community leaves a mark in someones heart; Michael Thompson was no different. He was more commonly known as Marlboro around the IRC chat rooms. He was a great man with a kind heart. He had an attitude like the best of us and knew how to use it; I loved Michael as a brother for many years. He was a person who could light up a room at any given moment; whether good or bad. 

Last night, while driving; Michael was in a car wreck and did not make it. His family is kindly asking for any support for the arrangements of his funeral. I will be posting a link below for anyone who wishes to support his family during this time of need and mourning.

I've never had to write anything like this and I can't help but shed a tear for a long friend whom I simply cannot believe is gone. My condolences go out to the Thompson family during this time of need. 

I remember years ago, Marlboro was the reasoning behind one of the biggest wars this place had ever seen at the time; I can still see his smile and snide attitude going into it like it was yesterday. He had a heart bigger than most and a strong enough will to follow through with it at almost all times. He had a soft heart with a brash edge, like almost all of us. 

Please, join me as we give our final thoughts and prayers to Michael and his family. 

Much love Michael... I'll miss you brother. Fly high with the angels. 

-Sticks

https://www.gofundme.com/n676rrcs      - Funeral support URL.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My condolences to you and his family, I never had the pleasure of meeting this fellow but still very sad to hear none the less. 

Report Post Tip
I appreciate that you posted this. I just haven't managed to bring myself to write something. It's been hard and I can say that he loved all of you. You were an extension of our small family. Marlboro is my real life cousin and truly was one of the nicest people.
-Toast
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I'm new here but have been playing online games for years now. It's amazing how you can meet someone online and create an amazing relationship. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen and I know it sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Report Post Tip

My condolences to his friends and family.

Report Post Tip
I'm sorry to hear the news and send my condolences as I am a friend of the family from a game stand point. I met him a long time back and was always considered a close friend.

A lot of good memories to be had.

God bless him and his family during these times.
Report Post Tip

Oh for fucks sake. :(

We'd drifted apart the last few years with my rare visits here, but I had a lot of long chats late into the night with Mike a long time ago. Particularly so during the .org years.

Heart goes out to all those he loved. Will donate to this Friday!

Rest in peace buddy. <3

Report Post Tip
When RTL text me I about dropped my phone.

Always had my back, always a friend when I needed it.

Much love Mikey! RIP.
Report Post Tip

Real shame, very good guy.

Report Post Tip

Only ever spoke to Marlboro briefly and in passing but from what I have been told he was a great player and an even better guy. May he rest in peace. 

Report Post Tip
Me and him were at logger heads back when. We argued and bickered nearly relentlessly. Probably too alike to ever see eye to eye. That said he was good at what he did and someone who played the game how it was meant to be played.

Never nice to hear such things. My best wishes to his family and those who knew him.
Report Post Tip
Mikey was an underground staple to the history of this game. When I joined, along with one or two other influential people, he took me under his wing and shown me the seedy side of the game... The Underground. He was a prominent member of Iron Fist. It was him that gave me my shot and taste for the kills.

Besides all that, I was lucky enough to host him at my house. He showed up all drunk, stumblin, just as he sounded on Ventrillo alot. I remember he missed the toilet... alot. My mom woke up and was pissed. Too hungover, I cleaned up his mess for him. He thanked me with... shot after shot of Captain Morgan. We then went to his home town where he showed me Shannon Hoons grave, 'Hoons Place', where alot of his friends were partying in memory of the Blind Melon singer. I just remember it being a party for him, Showing the younger generation how it goes.

I got the call earlier today, and though I haven't spoken to him in a while, he hasn't stopped going through my mind today, as I push through 16 hours of grinding work. No doubt when I get home, work tomorrow and everything, I'm paying the man back on the shots of Captain.

To those of you that never knew Mike, I'm sorry. He truly was a good guy, faults and all. To those of us that did have the pleasure, may we never forget the times we had with him.

~RTL
~Kyle
Report Post Tip
Marlboro and I had one of those relationships that was defined by the weather I swear. We liked each other, we hated each other, we tolerated each other. He was one of those people that at the end of the day you could look past all the bullshit and joke around with. He cared so much about his friends.

Since I came back I've been missing the goober. Wondered where he was and whatnot. Now, I find myself missing him even more.

I was blessed with him in my life, even if it was only here... I was still blessed.

My heart and thoughts are with his family and friends right now... Rest well Marls, rest well.

~tiggy
Report Post Tip
I want to send my deepest condolence to your whole family for the your loss .
Report Post Tip

When I found out about this last night, I was really sad. Marlboro was a great friend, and we had hours of laughs in IRC and game. . I've always wondered what happened to him, and now my heart is broken for his family. 

My condolences to his family and friends. 

Report Post Tip

My deepest condolences to his cousins, Toast and Axe, the rest of the family, and those who lost a friend. 

Report Post Tip
Damn I knew him we'll. rip
Report Post Tip

Most of my memories of Marlboro are from my time on the "new" .org, after the real .org, but before Mario coded the initial Mafia Returns.

I was very young back then, and the only reason we became friends was the fact that I hung around Toast. I never really ran with Marl, or even spoke to him more than most had, but whenever we did have a chat on IRC, he was always fun, always helpful to me if I needed any advice.

Corey, I know you are feeling it today, and my heart and thoughts go out to you and your family.

I'll always remember a conversation I once had with Marl about cigarettes. I just assumed he smoked Marlboros, hence the name. Turned out he smoked Camels, same as I do. I don't know why that convo has stood out above the rest, but at least I know he had great taste in smokes.

Rest in Peace Mike, another one of ours taken far too early.

K

Report Post Tip
funeral arrangements have been made.
Visitation will be Friday Oct. 30th from 5/8
and Services will be Saturday at 10 am.
Soller and Baker funeral home
400 Twyckenham Blvd, Lafayette, IN 47909
Report Post Tip
ill do my best to make it up Saturday toasty

Thoughts and prayers with you and yours
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Michael Thompson/Marlboro
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL