Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 09:09:06
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
one simple word. Love. Started by: Jezebel- on Nov 20, '15 19:09

Love...

Love? I hear you asking to one another. Love in the Mafia? How can this be so?

Well I will tell you. We work hard day in and day out. Never do we step out of line, we respect the higher ups in our organizations and pay our deepest loyalties to these individuals. Constantly we preach about Omerta and Famiglia among other things. Slowly over time we make stronger bonds with the family, and create business relationships with people outside of our crews. Our lives are, day in and day out, fairly simple and straightforward. And then like a clap of lightening…

You meet someone, find yourself getting closer, and without realizing it you have fallen accidentally in love.

In my opinion, you have just now given someone the ultimate amount of power over you. They can take you up, they can cut you down. This person now has the ability to make you happier than you have ever been, or crush ever single hope and dream you have ever had. And well folks, with the business we are in… how could that possibly be beneficial?

I have pored over the records and have seen the ‘power of love’ mend some of the greatest moments in my bloodline’s mafia history, as well as cause some of the biggest sources of friction. Myself, I’m quite torn. As a woman of stature, the last thing I need is to have an Achilles heel, but at the same time I am finding myself drawn more and more to this mysterious, wonderful emotion. Personally, I have been on both ends. Love has brought me up when I felt that I was at my lowest of points, but it has also been a fickle bitch and ruined me in many ways as well. ‘Wary’ is the word I would use to describe any of my romantic aspirations as of late.

What I want to ask of you lot is: what is your take? Can there be an effective relationship in the crime business? And if so, is it pre-destined for greatness or marked for failure? Basically… is there a place for love in this crazy world of ours?

Report Post Tip

Karmen listened to Jezebel- speak of love being a fickle bitch. She laughed at that and said, "I think love differs for everyone. If it's even love that people find here. Maybe people find lust and confuse it for love. I'm not meaning that towards you, Jez, but others might be that way. I myself think love isn't possible in this world."

She took a seat on a nearby bench and continued, "In my opinion, even if love WERE possible, I don't think it would last. Life is so short and it's so easy to stab people in the back, or be stabbed in the back yourself, even by the person you think you "love". They'd just be following orders of course, but the love is gone then, once they personally put that bullet in you.."

She paused for a moment before continuing, "I'm happy for the people that claim they found love in this world. Good for them. But me personally, I just conduct my business and get on with the day, steering myself away from close personal relationships. It's just easier that way. You form a relationship with anyone, it almost makes you weak-hearted. It's just a distraction from doing your job."

Report Post Tip

No.

Ha!  I almost just said that and walked away.  But there's definitely more to it.  It's such an unfortunate word.  And I love hearing this topic.  Oh, if it were only as simple as the word itself.  Love, however, is definitely not so simple.  It's miserable.  And wonderful.  And you are right.  It elevates you to new highs.  And it swallows you up.  

But can it work here?  I don't know.  I really don't know.  It may work.  But has Karmen says - for how long?  Life is short here.  But then I think about that and I wonder - even if it's short, isn't it worth it?  Love, even during a short life, HAS to be worth it, right?  

And all these issues about whether love may be a distraction, or stop you from doing your job.  I don't believe that.  I think when somebody loves you, they prop you up.  They can only help you do your job better.  They want you to succeed.  And they won't let you get distracted.  

That's what I think.  

So, maybe yes???

Report Post Tip

as I've said previously I wondered if there was actually love in my line of work. Without one man I would have never known, he's been there for me since the beginning of my start in LV and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Yes it's true that we have to take the time we have together and cherish every moment because it can be gone in just a blink of an eye. But every moment up until that very last breath is worth every ounce of pain we endure during our lifetime .

Did I ever think I was going to find love here working for the mafia? Actually no I didn't, but somethings just can't be helped. 

Being in this line of work is hard everyday but when you find that special someone hold him or her close and spend every moment you can with them before it's too late. 

So to this one simple word... love, yes it can be found in this crazy world of ours, and I will spend every ounce of strength I have to make it last.

Report Post Tip

- You are lucky, Jezebel.

Mary take off her glasses - I don't believe in love on this world... But to find someone which will make you special - I think it is wonderful...

...BUT..!

I don't think the other feelings are less important - I think friendship is as important as love and should be part of love.

Friendship is what I know, Friendship is, where I put my trust.

Report Post Tip

as i sit there and listen to mary talk about friendship, i agree to her words.

"well see i know friendship to but my heart falls very fast, and i wouldnt have it any other way."

sitting here pondering about everything going on, i  lean forward and grab a glass of whiskey and take a sip.

Report Post Tip

I sit there looking at back thinking about these words that meant so much to me, now that I think about it every time you get so close to someone, you always end up getting hurt. I've put a lot of my time into getting where I was and thinking back just fills my eyes with tears and gives me a lump in my throat.

What was I thinking this time around it would be different, was I silly to believe it would be?

just seems a little unfair that this all happened and I lost everything I cared for the most.

Report Post Tip

I walk in and hear an interesting conversation, so I get a bottle of Bourbon and sits down. 

On the subject of can love happen here. Yes it can love can come for the family you are in and the people you make friends with or someone that gets your attention and you start to fall for each other. Love can be found anywhere you just have to trust more and be totally honest, I am talking 110%  because you are more than likely in a long distance relationship. And for the people that find someone here and are in another relationship (married,BF,GF)  just think twice, is it worth it. One of you will get a broken heart. 

So never give up on love even on the families and friends you make here. You may lose them in war just never forget the good times you had in the hours of getting to know each other. And if you do find Love, GO FOR IT life is to short not to take risks. You might find that someone special or a close friend for life.

And never forget the Love for $Money$, so get your asses out there and earn some cash.

Drinks last sip of Bourbon *and then gives Luxuria a kiss*  walks out. 

Report Post Tip

If you do end up wanting to meet in a long distance relationship make sure everything is on the table before you meet. If you have both started to fall in love and one person starts to scoot around a subject or two, hold off until they come around to your question or just give up and go your seoerate ways and lose everything you have with each other.  Love can suck

Report Post Tip

Love is dead!! 

News Team 4 with Ron Burgundy

Live at five - Love is Dead!!

Report Post Tip

If you love someone  truly love someone  you will put aside foolish pride and fear  and love them without regret  without worry 

because you know without them there is no reason for caring.

Report Post Tip
My thoughts exactly zakk.
But one thing to keep in mind if you do not love yourself then you can't love anyone. Take pride in yourself before giving someone your heart.
Report Post Tip

I believe in love, but I also believe that love is not eternal.

Love Deteriorates.

Report Post Tip

Luxuria there is one thing Loving one self can be very dangerous and can end up being very lonely its called Narcissism and Pride is a deadly sin. Need to look at the Seven Virtues.. Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Patience, Kindness and Humility. and that is where love is.

This is true love... A man and woman married come into the ER in there 80s they have been married for many many years they have children and grandchildren and did everything together. They are in separate gurneys and put close together.  A nurse makes sure they are holding hands about a min or two passes and the womans heart stops beating but they still detect her heart beat they find out its not hers its her husbands beating heart showing up on her monitor thru her hand. After a min or so his heart stops beating they died together. I would like to think his love was so strong for his wife that he couldn't live without her.  So in my view Sweetsuns Love doesn't Deteriorate it can get stronger with time if you find that true love.

Report Post Tip

wow... very well said. ive never seen it put that way but i like it

Report Post Tip

Yes there is true love!

but very hard to find now a days.

Report Post Tip

I've seen love come and go many times, most times I was caught up in other things to see in right in front of me.

all I need to say is, if you do indeed find love. cherish it....

Report Post Tip

Jezebel it couldn't of been said better. I cherish the love I have everyday and it makes it stronger..

Report Post Tip

Love of Family is important but it hurts when you lose someone and it hurts even more when they are taken to soon. I lost my Baby brother 14 years ago to Heroin on January 18th he was 21 and his birthday is January 31 so January is the worst month of the year for me.

He was not only my Brother but my best friend we are 10 years apart but that didn't matter to me growing up, I always had him with me from teaching him how to play pool at age 8 and bringing him to role playing conventions when you actually rolled dice the good old days. When he was 11 years old i had to watch him for a month I remember it like it was yesterday. He came to me saying he was going to go smoke dope with his friend and I got pissed so i grabbed my bag a weed and rolling papers and said if you can roll it you can smoke it. He sat down at the kitchen table and rolled the most beautiful joint, I just threw my arms up and said what the fuck and smoked it with him. That night i taught him how to meditate and he took it fast. During his meditation he had a look into his future, it was his death and it was true to the facts. I told him i wouldn't be able to live without him but he made me promise I would do anything stupid. The day he died I was in Montana and had to get back to Chicago, when I got there I knew what happened and started blaming myself for not being there because He was 1 block from the Hospital and the guys that gave him the Heroin threw him in his car and took him one hour away to a party where he died. They say it gets easier with time when you lose a family member but thats a bunch of bullshit. 

So love everyone in your Family and when you get in fights just remember they could be gone tomorrow and make sure you tell them that you Love them.

Report Post Tip

Personally, I think the only love aside from your Wife should be to your family. However, the love for your family should be that of loyalty and respect and not lust obviously. 

There's a big difference between being used for your money and being needed for your usefulness. Home life should always be separate to family life and never interact with each other.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: one simple word. Love.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL